Scotts ml glxr , lockers, lift,chip,tyres + more

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: Scotts ml glxr , lockers, lift,chip,tyres + more

Postby odie602r on Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:49 pm

Ouch :shock: :o

Nothing like a break to shift something from the 'want' list to the 'need' list :roll:
the truth will set you free

My build thread:
http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=11704
odie602r
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Kegsy on Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:55 pm

TUFF TROOP wrote:Thinking of selling my drift car and building a new one.. Have found a burnt fronted ml dual cab thinkin of getting it and putting a ls1 and auto conversion into it slamming it on some 22s and using it as a burnout / drift car.. Would be diffrent.. Easy enough to do. Hmm

From my dealings with building a ML into a minitruck laid on 22s front and back is you won't be able to get it low enough for drifting without doing major chassis mods, burnouts well yeah... Z'eding the front clip would be a minimum. Certainly not an "easy" job.

If you're keen on building a real drift ute I suggest you talk to my mate Nigel. Search "engineered to slide" on google.

He's currently building what will be one of the countries best purpose built drift chassis'. You might already know him if you run at the meets, he's also got a 180.
Triton be gone :cry:
Kegsy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby odie602r on Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:56 pm

Just a thought - be great to know when youre doing a local run like Robe. feel free to let me know when you're doing a trip like that locally. While I'm not keen to break a spring :!: I'd certainly like to get out and amongst it with some fellow tritoners

My build thread:
odie602r
Platinum Subscriber

Postby motoz on Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:05 pm

odie602r wrote:Just a thought - be great to know when youre doing a local run like Robe. feel free to let me know when you're doing a trip like that locally. While I'm not keen to break a spring :!: I'd certainly like to get out and amongst it with some fellow tritoners

Same here mate. We're always keen for the South East.
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Will it be a good show ???
motoz
Platinum Subscriber

Postby TUFF TROOP on Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:23 pm

Yeah was talking to him about his 180 at the Calder park drift nats! I can fab stuff up to make it all work mate. Just the time isn't right for me At the moment so will have to pass on the triton project ATM and focus on the blue one!
TUFF TROOP

Postby TUFF TROOP on Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:46 pm

Ok I havnt been on here for a couple months now , have had some family issues and flat out at work and house renos etc
Quick update , triton is now over the 200k mark! No issues etc , and getting 10.2lt 100ks still. With all the fruit still on it.
Have recently put some 16x10 allied wasp mags on it. With a great offset. And I'm not usually a fan of aftermarket wheels on 4x4s but fell in love with these.
Have also done a couple other mods nothing major. Ultimate lift all round after breaking a leaf spring in the dunes at robe. And a couple other bits and pieces.
It is currently unregoed getting a make over ready for 4x4 action photoshoot soon.
Here's a couple pics for now. And will try to keep up to date for those interested! Click to view larger pictureClick to view larger picture

Have had a work car for the last month and a half ( mn glx triton manual ) as have been looking to upgrade to a mn. But after being in mine and getting into the mn theres no way I'll be getting a new one!

Anyway. If anyone has any suggestions on what else I should do to it let me know.. Sort of running out of ideas!
TUFF TROOP

Postby odie602r on Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:54 am

What were the main differences, in your opinion? (and I guess you'd be comparing chipped and modded ML to stock standard MN)

My build thread:
odie602r
Platinum Subscriber

Postby TUFF TROOP on Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:12 am

No power, huge amount of lag, poor fuel consumption, low range felt like high range and that's with stock tyres!
TUFF TROOP

Postby odie602r on Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:37 pm

Did you calculate what you were getting mileage wise around town, out of interest?

My build thread:
odie602r
Platinum Subscriber

Postby TUFF TROOP on Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:43 pm

Around 600-650 to a tank possibly more.
TUFF TROOP

Postby TUFF TROOP on Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:34 pm

Here's a few pics. Currently up in between beachport and robe set up camp for the night.
Modified my arb rack to fit roof top tent and awning, came up great.
Found some huge dunes. Got over them all no dramas

Click to view larger picture

Click to view larger picture take note of the road sign!
Click to view larger pictureClick to view larger picture
TUFF TROOP

Postby Tim007 on Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:03 pm

love the wheels mate. Envious of the economy as well as mine is at 12.5lit/100. Better with the chip off but I really miss the power.
Keen to get amongst it!!
Tim007

Postby TUFF TROOP on Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:00 pm

Yeah I usually hate this style wheel but like it on mine for some reason haha!
I'm getting 10.8lt 100ks fully loaded with rooftop tent etc all on. So pretty happy with it still. That's at 110kph
TUFF TROOP

Postby TUFF TROOP on Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:00 pm

Click to view larger picture
TUFF TROOP

Postby helicoptercow on Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:09 pm

I think you need more light mate :lol: :lol:

"it's so much easier to apologise rather than ask for permission" - gutters

The Cattle Truck

"Wool-Wheat" = Cotton. Warm like wool, but grows like wheat

helicoptercow
Platinum Subscriber

Postby TUFF TROOP on Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:18 pm

I agree . The mrs doesn't lol.
TUFF TROOP

Postby TUFF TROOP on Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:14 pm

Bit of a update I guess ? Haha

This weekend the whole tub is getting redesigned on the inside time to sort it out finally. Making a fridge slide for my 110lt waeco, carpeting all inside the tub and my drawer system, mount all the led lights etc properly, make some new mounts up for the switchboard, install water tank etc, also wire up some lights in my awning also.
Will install my hid kits too. Have got hid for my reverse spotties and the fog lights also.
TUFF TROOP

Postby odie602r on Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:45 pm

TUFF TROOP wrote:Bit of a update I guess ? Haha

This weekend the whole tub is getting redesigned on the inside time to sort it out finally. Making a fridge slide for my 110lt waeco, carpeting all inside the tub and my drawer system, mount all the led lights etc properly, make some new mounts up for the switchboard, install water tank etc, also wire up some lights in my awning also.
Will install my hid kits too. Have got hid for my reverse spotties and the fog lights also.

HID for reverse spotties :shock: :shock: wondering if your nickname is Mater - world's best backwards driver! You sure dont have an excuse for reversing into anything now!

My build thread:
odie602r
Platinum Subscriber

Postby TUFF TROOP on Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:41 pm

Yeah was gona get another led light bar for the back. But got the hids cheap as. It's awkward seeing when u have 8% tint and a canopy etc lol. And mud covered windows! My reverse camera works real well with some light so should be good.
TUFF TROOP

Postby TUFF TROOP on Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:42 pm

Yeah was gona get another led light bar for the back. But got the hids cheap as. It's awkward seeing when u have 8% tint and a canopy etc lol. And mud covered windows! My reverse camera works real well with some light so should be good.
TUFF TROOP

Postby TUFF TROOP on Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:38 pm

Click to view larger pictureHere's a pic of the old girl before she gets revamped :-)
Last edited by TUFF TROOP on Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TUFF TROOP

Postby TUFF TROOP on Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:39 pm

Bit of a update. Tritons been off the road for a while awaiting a make over. There is a heap of parts comming for it from USA and Thailand so hope they rock up soon and will get stuck into it.
This week it is getting valve clearances done and fully removing the egr system.
Making up a intercooler sprayer kit simmilar to a evo lancer set up. Which will engage at full throttle.
Also starting to make my tub set up. Has anyone got any pics of tray set ups as in water tanks, power outlets, fridge sliders etc as I don't think I've seen many and trying to think of what to do!
I have a drawer on one side, 110lt waeco fridge on the other, I need water tank etc up the front, but want it all neat. And set up for touring. Any ideas are very much welcome'
While its off the road will also be tweaking a few things and fitting some wants more than needs :p haha
TUFF TROOP

Postby salt36 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:43 pm

Doing it all twice mate ? :lol:

Seriously though those Thai boys are pushing the limits....

Looking forward to seeing what develops..... :D
salt36
Valued Contributor

Postby TUFF TROOP on Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:57 pm

Haha stupid iPhone doing its own thing!
Yeah I'm keen to try stuff , over the years from working on these things I've learnt something's that I might try and see wat happens :-D , could be good could be bad haha, just want to get out there and tackle some tracks and do some camping! My Mrs and kayla (5) is keen as to go so that's a good thing
TUFF TROOP

Postby motoz on Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:17 pm

When we set the water spray system up on my GT4 I found it worked a lot better when activated by boost. We had a it set to switch on at 18psi boost. That way the IC was pre cooling by the time it reached full boost 25psi.

It gave lower induction temps over being setup via a switch activated at full throttle. You could easily go through 10lt of water during a night of mayhem...

In hind site the extra 10kg of weight added to the vehicle probably negated the performance gained from the lower induction temps !!!

:lol:
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Will it be a good show ???
motoz
Platinum Subscriber

PreviousNext

Return to Member Build Ups