Travs MN GLR build

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: Travs MN GLR build

Postby trav587 on Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:31 am

dan.batto wrote:Thanks, thats an awesome price! its $265 plus $15-$60 delivery on their site. Ill be doing this soon for sure now, just couldnt justify the $1200+ by rhino to do my tub. Rolling will work easier for me too seeing as i have the canopy on.
Thanks, trucks looking awesome! love the rims/tyre combo too!

Cheers mate, the finished product compared to my mates work ute that cost $1200 is better i reckon anyway and you can't even tell its rolled on. Good luck with it and post some photos once done
trav587

Postby Robby on Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:07 pm

The canopy looks great what brand is it? Don't think it's mentioned in the build
Cheers Robby
Robby
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Cowboy Dave on Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:46 pm

Robby wrote:The canopy looks great what brand is it? Don't think it's mentioned in the build
Cheers Robby

http://www.sportsrange.com.au/4x4-accessories/canopies.php
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby trav587 on Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:38 pm

went for a trip down dwellingup way over the christmas holidays. camped on the river, was an awesome trip but unfortunately got a yellow sticker on the way down.

Click to view larger picture

prado flex
trav587

Postby trav587 on Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:44 pm

After the trip it was time to transform the car back to stock.
Worst part was changing the hid headlights back to normal, rest was pretty straight forward.

Hts back on

Got it over the pits no dramas, i was worried about the tint and the chopped front number plate but they didnt pick up on it :D
trav587

Postby tridog on Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:08 pm

Any marron in those waters Trav?? 8-) .......if so feel free to give me the GPS coordinates hehe.
Shame about the sticker mate, are you gonna put all the cool stuff back on now ? I didnt know HID was illegal I was gonna get a kit for my rig off ebay, love the fridge and compressor set up BTW
tridog

Postby Monkeyz on Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:12 pm

So what exactly did they ping you for other than the HID's ?

Mojo.. :?:
Monkeyz

Postby trav587 on Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:26 pm

Cheers tridog, I know I few good spots down there. They picked on the tyres, winch hook was attached at the front of the bullbar on tie down points. Just had to hook it on underneath for a bit.
trav587

Postby Monkeyz on Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:32 pm

trav587 wrote:Cheers tridog, I know I few good spots down there. They picked on the tyres, winch hook was attached at the front of the bullbar on tie down points. Just had to hook it on underneath for a bit.

So i assume tyres as there was no engineering survey for road worthy (assuming tyres an suspension mod exceeded the Max lift for your state) ?
and hook as it protruded beyond the fore most point of the bull bar?

or you just got a bored cop jellybean of you out there havin fun while he sat in his patrol car... :D :D

Mojo... :D
Monkeyz

Postby trav587 on Thu May 01, 2014 1:06 pm

Monkeyz wrote:
trav587 wrote:Cheers tridog, I know I few good spots down there. They picked on the tyres, winch hook was attached at the front of the bullbar on tie down points. Just had to hook it on underneath for a bit.

So i assume tyres as there was no engineering survey for road worthy (assuming tyres an suspension mod exceeded the Max lift for your state) ?
and hook as it protruded beyond the fore most point of the bull bar?

or you just got a bored cop jellybean of you out there havin fun while he sat in his patrol car... :D :D

Mojo... :D

Nah there is no engineering survey for the tyres. In perth the cops don't even look at the triton, so i must of got a bored jellybean country cop. And the winch hook is a hazard if i hit a pedestrian. Haha
trav587

Postby trav587 on Thu May 01, 2014 1:23 pm

Next few parts i installed was a MCC internal canopy frame, frontrunner roofrack and led side awning. The internal frame was by far the worst job ive had to do on the triton. Wish i just paid the shop to do it for me.

Some photos of the frame, good for 300kg on the canopy.

Putting the roofrack together using the good old pool table as a work bench. Dimensions are 1964x1165

chucking it on

Completed with awning on, Just need a 42" light bar now

trav587

Postby lgil86 on Fri May 02, 2014 6:13 am

Loving this build, truck is looking great mate! 8-)
lgil86
Platinum Subscriber

Postby VALERIO on Fri May 02, 2014 10:51 am

First MN I really like!
VALERIO

Postby wannago on Fri May 02, 2014 2:21 pm

Nice looking rig mate 8-)

From the photo's it looks like you have your roof rack mounted on both your canopy and cabin, is this the case?

If so I have heard you can do damage to both when you go wheeling and you have body flex, just a word of warning ;)
wannago

Postby TheEscapist on Fri May 02, 2014 5:14 pm

Nice rig Trav587, really interested in your rack set up/internal frame. I've just had a look on the MCC 4X4 website and can't see any internal frames listed. Where'd you get it and how much?

Cheers,

Daz
TheEscapist

Postby trav587 on Mon May 12, 2014 1:29 pm

TheEscapist wrote:Nice rig Trav587, really interested in your rack set up/internal frame. I've just had a look on the MCC 4X4 website and can't see any internal frames listed. Where'd you get it and how much?

Cheers,

Daz

Hey mate, I got the internal frame from sports range over here in wa. So if you give them a call they will sort you out and it cost me $450 and did the fitting myself.
trav587

Postby trav587 on Mon May 12, 2014 1:38 pm

wannago wrote:Nice looking rig mate 8-)

From the photo's it looks like you have your roof rack mounted on both your canopy and cabin, is this the case?

If so I have heard you can do damage to both when you go wheeling and you have body flex, just a word of warning ;)

It is yeah mounted to the cab and the canopy which I ordered the rack first with out thinking to much into it. I have done some heavy wheeling since it's been mounted including smashing the tub on a steep hill and havnt done damage so far . See how it goes. A bit of damage doesn't bother me, the length of the rack outweighs the possibility of damage.

Cheers
Trav
trav587

Postby Snooozy on Mon May 12, 2014 7:17 pm

I remember one member that did about $5000 damage due to a rack mounted across canopy & roof :o

that's more than a 'bit' of damage :shock:

It would be wise to re-work the mounting system ;)
Snooozy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby trav587 on Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:15 pm

So a lot has happened since the last time i posted. I'll start with a couple of photos down at my local beach spot.

trav587

Postby bristriton2013 on Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:43 pm

Hey mate, where did you order your tyres and rims and how much did they cost?
bristriton2013

Postby trav587 on Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:44 pm

Then there was a day trip out at the mundaring powerlines. Was an awesome day with some good mates who all had Tritons as well. Was plenty of mud which was good for a change over here in Perth. Done a bit of tub damage as well, Not to bad though but thinking of doing a rear 1/4 chop now and then getting custom rear bar work made up.

trav587

Postby trav587 on Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:48 pm

bristriton2013 wrote:Hey mate, where did you order your tyres and rims and how much did they cost?

Got them imported from the US from a place called sd wheel corp. Was 1600 for 4 tyres and rims, then about another 900 for shipping, GST, quarantine and port charges and a few other fees that i didnt know about. That was back when the aussie dollar was really strong to.
trav587

Postby trav587 on Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:25 pm

My fuel economy has always been pretty average but it was slowly getting worse. So i decided to check out the manifold for build up and found a bit in the intake. It has done 76000 ks so i decided to pull it apart and clean it mysef.

K's i'm getting for half a tank, full tank is just over 400.

Manifold just pulled out

kero bath overnight

All clean

Installed a catch can at the same time to. Went for an ebay one in the end as i couldn't justify over 200 bucks for a provent.

Everything went back together pretty well, straight away the car did feel nicer to drive. I also disconnected the chip for a couple of tanks worth to see what she gets now.
trav587

Postby Duck on Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:40 pm

Nice job, looks like you are fairly handy bloke :) Ute looks great & your grass also gives me lawn envy :lol:
Life is what happens while you are busy making plans........
Duck

Postby trav587 on Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:51 pm

My suspension has sagged a fair bit front and rear. The front coils got swapped out about 9 months ago to heavy duty ones from ultimate but are now sitting to low, rear has dropped a touch from all the weight i have added. Measurements were 550mm front and 618mm rear. I sent a few emails to different people but in the end my mate was keen to buy my old ultimate setup and i get a whole new kit. After alot of thinking i went with monster rides. I was getting over changing coils even if they were supplied free of charge, still costs me $300, so the monster rides adjustable front coils appealed to me as i could just wind them up over time as the coils get older. And for the rear they supplied me with heavy duty dobinsons leafs.

All the gear arrived pretty quick, also got 2" extended lines from safebrake.

trav587

PreviousNext

Return to Member Build Ups