IronMan Drawers for MN

Bull bars, sliders, wheel carriers etc!

IronMan Drawers for MN

Postby moloneyd on Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:33 pm

I would like to install Ironman Drawers 1300mm, with the Flair kit and Frig pull out stand in the tub. Approached the local Ironman dealer today and he was very happy to give me the ins and outs of the package. But soon as I said I had the tub liner in the tub it all came to a halt. The Flair kit will not fit unless you take the tub liner out. When we went back to have a look at all the pictures of the different packages installed into tubs, all tubs had tub liners in them, even the local dealer was amazed. So my question is, will the flair kit fit a MN tub with the tub liner installed.
moloneyd

Re: IronMan Drawers for MN

Postby phillipmyers84 on Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:32 pm

how much are the drawers?.... yes i know i could look it up my self... but im lazy
phillipmyers84

Postby moloneyd on Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:25 pm

Not much change from $2000.00
moloneyd

Postby Cowboy Dave on Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:29 pm

I don't know what the flair kit is? Maybe a link would help.

Is the 1300 a length measurement? What's the width?

You'll have to drill through the bottom anyway won't you to bolt the drawers in? I gave my liner away when I put my drawers in. Didn't see the point of keeping it after that.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby moloneyd on Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:46 pm

My mistake, its called the Wing Kit not Flair kit, the 1300mm would be the length.http://www.ironman4x4com.au
moloneyd

Postby Cowboy Dave on Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:43 pm

Right well the wing kit install instructions are here http://www.ironman4x4.com/pdfs/accessories_fitting_instructions/drawer%20systems%20&%20fridge%20slide/wingkits_im.pdf

They say the wing kits are vehicle specific. I can see two points where the tub liner could cause a problem. First, where the infill pieces fit in next to the drawer fronts. If those pieces are designed to fit closely then a liner is going to throw you out. They look like they might be sheet metal but it's had to see from the images. If they are sheet metal and it's not too thick and you were absolutely wanting to keep the liner then maybe you could cut them down a little.

The second point will be the side frames that the lids sit into. They're supported by angle brackets and again look designed to fit pretty snugly along the sides of the tray. Those are probably timber with carpet glued to them so again if you were dead keen to keep the liner and they wouldn't fit then you could probably plane them or cut them down to fit.

Realistically though, if you're sticking drawers in anyway, and you have to drill through the floor of the tray to bolt the drawers in, what benefit is the tub liner bringing that makes it worth keeping?

The drawer install instructions are here:http://www.ironman4x4.com/pdfs/accessories_fitting_instructions/drawer%20systems%20&%20fridge%20slide/1300_drawers.pdf

None of the install pics there have a liner in them, including the Triton.

Cowboy Dave

Postby shortSteve on Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:34 pm

Yes, the wing kits fit but are very tight around the wheel arches with a tub liner. I have the genuine MMA under guard tub liner, trimmed to fit an ARB canopy. When i installed the ironman drawers, i ignored the positioning instructions and pushed then as far back as possible (all the way, maybe only a 10mm gap) with the wing kit brackets installed, the front plates will lock it in position while you drill, then refit the top sheets, drawers, then look at the wing tops. They are pretty flexible, so you don't have to trim, but they will fit better if you do. I didn't, and am still happy with the fit. The only downside, the wing kit "lids" don't have a lot of support, and neither do the bits of trim (wing kit top pieces) between the lids and the tub sides, i expect mine to snap next time something jumps around in the ute, like the spare compressor or esky, but so far reasonably happy. Not a great quality product, but about the best value long draws kit i could find.

sS
shortSteve

Postby Cowboy Dave on Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:44 pm

Out of interest, what did the drawers with wing kits set you back?

Cowboy Dave

Postby shortSteve on Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:52 pm

Cowboy Dave wrote:Out of interest, what did the drawers with wing kits set you back?

$1749, a bit over 6 months ago, with wing kits (had to wait ages for them as over east didn't want to sell them to W.A.
shortSteve

Postby Cowboy Dave on Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:38 pm

I have the arb version with wing kits. I still have the invoice somewhere but I reckon they were north of $2k. Good gear though. Actually I have full length slides on both sides so that costed extra.

Cowboy Dave

Return to Exterior Mods