Rear TILT/SWING bike carrier

Bull bars, sliders, wheel carriers etc!

Rear TILT/SWING bike carrier

Postby melba on Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:06 pm

I need to buy a bike carrier and was looking at a tilt or swing type setup. I've found a place in Melbourne ISI bike carriers and Thule seem to make a couple of options from the net.

Has anyone had any experience or seen these in action, I'd like to still get to the fridge and canopy without taking the rack off, and I'll also have kayaks on the roof so no room there.
melba

Re: Rear TILT/SWING bike carrier

Postby 4wd26 on Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:09 pm

ISI are the goods
Can get a couple of different lengths heights and the work well even for serious off-roading , but come with a serious price tag
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

Postby Crash486 on Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:18 pm

I have had a mac rac http://www.macrac.com.au/products/bike- ... c-3-delux/ for a long time. Works fine on the tri tow bar and number light / stop tail etc plug into the 7 pin plug. It tilts so you can open the tailgate but it sits in a fairly light AL angle that holds the lights so don't drop it to the ground.
Crash486

Postby melba on Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:52 pm

Cheers 4wd26 pretty serious gear and well suited to 4wdriving as well but as you mentioned over $600, although Thule are priced around $600.
The mac brand mentioned above by crash486 l will check out and see how good it is, it's also $400 cheaper.
melba

Return to Exterior Mods