Which rear bar?

Bull bars, sliders, wheel carriers etc!

Re: Rear bar

Postby Quinny on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:38 pm

Damn :lol:
Never argue with an idiot ... they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ...
Quinny
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Mesiah on Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:09 pm

if this is still going im interested in a rear bar for the MN if the bulk buy is still on

chris
Hello

From Chris and SHOT GUN
Mesiah
Mesiah

Postby Cowboy Dave on Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:32 pm

The group buy fell over ages ago.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby Mesiah on Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:10 pm

bugger back to the drawing board
Hello

From Chris and SHOT GUN
Mesiah
Mesiah

Postby jmos on Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:37 pm

Nice link and photo's of the ARB rear bar
Anyone got similar photo's of the TJM?
http://www.4x4earth.com.au/forum/other- ... riton.html
jmos

Postby wdek4041 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:42 pm

Anyone got the mcc jack rear bar? How is side protection and cost. I'm hopping cheaper than arb
wdek4041

Postby har05l on Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:09 pm

jmos wrote:Nice link and photo's of the ARB rear bar

Look in my shed ;)

wdek4041 wrote:Anyone got the mcc jack rear bar? How is side protection and cost. I'm hopping cheaper than arb

Pics on the previous page mate of a colour coded jack bar
[censored]
har05l
Platinum Subscriber

Postby blainey on Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:01 pm

Has anyone looked at or used a superior engineering rear bar??? I like the look of and functionality of this one the best and a list price of $890 with tow bar inc looks good.

I'm interested in people's thoughts on this bar and topic in general as will be getting a rear bar in the coming weeks.
blainey

Postby Cowboy Dave on Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:14 pm

If you mean this one: Click to view larger picture

From this page: http://www.superiorengineering.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=607_609_616_2006&products_id=11582

then it's an MCC rear jack bar and has been posted about in this thread. Go back a page or two and you'll see a picture of a silver one and some comments about it.

Cowboy Dave

Postby blainey on Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:27 pm

That's the one. I'm just at Bellmere which isn't far from Superior. Was considering this or TJM. Is MCC affiliated or they copy one another? Superior seems to have quite a few products for our Tritons that they claim to produce themselves.
blainey

Postby Cowboy Dave on Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:55 pm

MCC is a Thai based manufacturer from memory. Used to make ironman gear once upon a time.

I'd urge some care on the superior gear. Quite a lot of it looks to be imported from Thailand and not all of it looks to be of great quality (not that I'd know, but based on what I've read and seen about the place). Diff drop kits and the big lift kits are what I'm mostly concerned with here.

The MCC rear bars are probably okay. There are a couple of them in use on the forum and there have been no real complaints from what I've heard. I did hear of a problem with a winch cradle on a bullbar though, but can't remember the details any more.

Cowboy Dave

Postby c-dale on Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:02 pm

Cowboy Dave wrote:MCC is a Thai based manufacturer from memory. Used to make ironman gear once upon a time.

I'd urge some care on the superior gear. Quite a lot of it looks to be imported from Thailand and not all of it looks to be of great quality (not that I'd know, but based on what I've read and seen about the place). Diff drop kits and the big lift kits are what I'm mostly concerned with here.

The MCC rear bars are probably okay. There are a couple of them in use on the forum and there have been no real complaints from what I've heard. I did hear of a problem with a winch cradle on a bullbar though, but can't remember the details any more.

In regards to the rear bar. If getting it from Superior make sure it is an MCC bar. I have one that is very, very similiar but is an 'Amarda Extreme'. I like it but it is missing some key features like the high lift jack point and the holes for the trailer safety chain. Powder coating is also ordinary.
c-dale
Platinum Subscriber

Postby blainey on Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:19 am

Thanks for the opinions guys. I'll be sure to discuss these points with them before making my decision. I guess all manufacturers just design something then have it made OS in either China, Thailand or the like so that side doesn't bother me as long as the quality control is imposed on the manufacturing factory.
blainey

Postby mattz on Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:26 am

blainey wrote:Thanks for the opinions guys. I'll be sure to discuss these points with them before making my decision. I guess all manufacturers just design something then have it made OS in either China, Thailand or the like so that side doesn't bother me as long as the quality control is imposed on the manufacturing factory.

I'd say that would be the case for the "others" but ARB actually manufacture theirs in aust.

I have an ARB bar and helped a mate fit a mcc bar.
The mcc bar is nowhere near the quality of an ARB bar.
Having said that.....the quality is of a standard where it wouldn't be an issue.
We had some minor issues fitting the mcc bar.....nothing a hammer and a drill didn't fix.
The big plus for the mcc is the side protection and the jacking points. ;)
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A MAN AND A BOY IS
THE PRICE OF HIS TOYS
mattz

Postby Stapler401 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:59 am

My thoughts are to go with something built by a rebutable brand with local dealer support that doesnt cost so much that you neck yourself when you scratch it (which if you weren't going to scratch it.. you wouldnt be buying it). So I am going TJM. I know its not as pretty as the arb.. but the price difference is pretty ugly too
Stapler401

Postby jmos on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:04 am

har05l wrote:
jmos wrote:Nice link and photo's of the ARB rear bar

Look in my shed ;)

Great, Thanks
jmos

Postby Stapler401 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:09 am

Finally got around to buying.. tjm wanted 1050 fitted, but couldnt fit me in for nearly 3 weeks, ended up buying it and throwing it on at work, cost 880 including plug and towball.. took 3 guys lifting it to put it on and line it up, but if you follow the instructions, hold in place with smaller bolts first its pretty damn easy. Took about 45 mins including borrowing tools from next door.
Took the wiring to a local auto sparky who wired it in for 60 bucks. So still in front $$ wise and got it done when I wanted.
Stapler401

Which rear bar?

Postby SteveR on Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:20 pm

G'day folks

I'm in the market for a rear bar. Currently looking at the TJM RB6 http://www.tjm.com.au/en/news/mitsubish ... 6-rear-bar

Or the MCC rear bar http://www.mcc4x4.com/index.php?option= ... Itemid=280
I don't like the wat the MCC hangs so low at the tow ball.

What's everyone's thoughts or what are you running?

Cheers

Steve
SteveR

Re: Which rear bar?

Postby macca002 on Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:24 pm

The MN has a longer than standard tray, so keep this in mind when in the market for your rear bar.

The TJM whale tail does add a bit extra on to the back of your 4x4, which may make it difficult to fit in your garage (if you have one) and also effects your departure angle.
macca002

Postby jcdundon on Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:24 pm

Go the tjm, served me well.
jcdundon

Postby salt36 on Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:27 pm

Moved to Exterior mods..

I have the ARB rear bar and even it scrapes on the steep departures, commonly known as 'the Grader bar' :lol:
salt36
Valued Contributor

Postby NowForThe5th on Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:38 pm

Steve, we already have a thread dedicated to rear bars.

To find it, just go to Search forum and type in "rear bar" with the quotation marks. I got close to 2000 hits.

For now, the link is:
http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=11256

I'm going to lock this thread now and merge it with the other one a little later.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby NowForThe5th on Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:27 pm

Merged and thread re-opened.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby har05l on Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:08 am

macca002 wrote:The MN has a longer than standard tray, so keep this in mind when in the market for your rear bar.

The TJM whale tail does add a bit extra on to the back of your 4x4, which may make it difficult to fit in your garage (if you have one) and also effects your departure angle.

What a load of BS macca :roll:

Never ever has my rear bar interfered with any departures I've driven and you've no idea the sh!t I've done :twisted: :lol:
[censored]
har05l
Platinum Subscriber

Postby macca002 on Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:29 am

har05l wrote:
macca002 wrote:The MN has a longer than standard tray, so keep this in mind when in the market for your rear bar.

What a load of BS macca :roll:

Never ever has my rear bar interfered with any departures I've driven and you've no idea the sh!t I've done :twisted: :lol:

It doesn't matter what you have driven, the greater the distance from the rear wheel to the back of you 4x4, the greater impact on departure angle. Why do you think people go out of their way to bob a lwb 4x4s? Its not because they enjoy having less storage space in the rear. Its primarily to increase their departure angle. So you can call bs all you like, but at the end of the day its simple maths.

Why do you think MN owners cop so much shit from the other Triton lads due to rear tray length. Its longer and has less departure - hence the even greater need for a rear bar.

Some people get so bloody narky on this forum as soon as someone says something that they may not agree with....if everyone was the same it would be a bloody boring place.
macca002

PreviousNext

Return to Exterior Mods