Bullbar Problems

Bull bars, sliders, wheel carriers etc!

Re: Bullbar Problems

Postby Big Gee on Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:11 pm

Steane wrote:I'm pretty sure that both TJM and ARB have a budget range of bars that are not made locally. They were tested in the 4wd Craption bullbar comparo a couple of years ago. Might be their 'comercial' range.

Might be wrong as well :roll:

I agree with 5th. I had an ironman bar on my tri and while it wasn't as hefty as the ARB it was still pretty solid. Fitted well, was very nicely finished and didn't move around at all. Didn't hit anything with it, but I have seen an ironman bar hit a roo and hold its ground.

Maybe the D40 cracked its alloy front axle housing, stretched its timing chain and fouled its injectors which all combined to make it vibrate like a bitch. This would have loosened the incorrectly fitted bar and resulted in the video. The problem was taking the D40 off the bitumen in the first place :idea:

Fitted a TJM deluxe winch bar A few months back. Quality seamed pretty good but the all to frequent "MADE IN CHINA" sticker reared its ugly head on the back. May pay to ask first where its made. Seems sturdy enough but I've not used it in anger yet. Cape York trip planed for next month so I guess I'll find out :D
Big Gee

Postby lgil86 on Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:17 pm

Steane wrote:Maybe the D40 cracked its alloy front axle housing, stretched its timing chain and fouled its injectors which all combined to make it vibrate like a bitch. This would have loosened the incorrectly fitted bar and resulted in the video. The problem was taking the D40 off the bitumen in the first place :idea:

lol came across one on Stockton beach on Australia day. Guy was lying under it patching the radiator with instant gasket as it had broke the radiator mounts and punctured the radiator. :o :o :o
lgil86
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Monkeyz on Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:52 pm

Side note to this article, the company I work for has Ironman Bull bars on all of its 4WD's (bout 40) and I watched a guy a few months back roll up to a job site with a lot of nasty red stain all over his vehicle an the only damage this 6ft roo did to the bar was bend the number plate, im so impressed with its performance combined with the price that im gettin one for my triton. I also like the way the winch load is directed to the chassis rails and not through the bull bar. This story is common amongst our field guys, so far not one ironman bull bar has failed from roo strike.

Mojo......
Monkeyz

Previous

Return to Exterior Mods