Safari snorkel VIBRATION can you stop it?

Bull bars, sliders, wheel carriers etc!

Re: Safari snorkel VIBRATION can you stop it?

Postby Cage on Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:07 pm

,,,"dude this is a classic case where showing your location can help us help you.

if you show your suburb someone on here may no somewhere near you and can get you that advice...."

Couldn't agree more snowman. Just my opinion, but I think your general location should be part of the join-up process.
Cage

Postby kcdusk on Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:07 pm

In Whyalla mate. South Australia, 5600.

ARB store in Pt Augusta messed me around in the past. So i got my snorkel quote from ARB Pt Lincoln. I was happy to do the battery and suspension work. But don't feel like messing around for the snorkel. As i said, $750 fitted felt OK. But $250 for overflow ….

Just the cost of doing business i suppose.
kcdusk

Postby snowman on Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:12 pm

kcdusk wrote:In Whyalla mate. South Australia, 5600.

ARB store in Pt Augusta messed me around in the past. So i got my snorkel quote from ARB Pt Lincoln. I was happy to do the battery and suspension work. But don't feel like messing around for the snorkel. As i said, $750 fitted felt OK. But $250 for overflow ….

Just the cost of doing business i suppose.

as per the ARB price list from CD the listed price should INCLUDE the coolant bottle.

the $750 should include the whole job. Ring them and highlight that from the catalogue. It is model specifc.
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Cowboy Dave on Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:34 pm

I read that differently Snowie, it looked to me like there was a separate item cost of $196 for the bottle otherwise why separate it out? Or is that to sell it to people who need one on it's own? I guess the easy way to check is to use the part codes for the snorkel on the safari website and check if that comes with the bottle. The ARB guy doing the quote could have mis-read it too if that's what I've done.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby snowman on Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:26 am

i didn't look any further than the triton specific installed price. As the overflow bottle is effectively mandatory for the safari on this car it should be included in the 'model specific' price.

sorry if i had misled. Sorry ARB you have price yourself out of the market on this one i reckon. :cry:
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby evlids on Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:52 am

My ML 3.2 had a bad vibration rumble just off idle, and again at 2300rpm,

After much messing around I worked out it was a combination of the holes that go into the guard rubbing on the bolt and the bracket that mounts it to the a pillar, I used some nutserts to fix the pillar and cracked out the stepper drill to fix up the vibration issue. All that being said after 5 hours I still couldn't get a couple of those upper nuts onto the snorkel so they became spare parts.
evlids

Previous

Return to Exterior Mods