Mn triton cargo basket

Bull bars, sliders, wheel carriers etc!

Mn triton cargo basket

Postby chickencake on Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:29 am

Hey all,
One of the reasons for me buying a triton was the ability to be able to carry ladders for work.
having said that its also for camping and towing my dirt bike and or boat/jetski so storage on the roof could be very handy, weather it be for camping gear, sking gear, motorbike gear or jerry cans.

now having said that my car is a standard 2009 mn glxr triton with no canopy.
basically what im after is an open ended cargo rack which i can affix above the cab.
im not interested in drilling holes into my roof, as this is way to invasive for my liking.
so basically i was wonder would it be possible to get something such as this

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mitsubishi-T ... 460f955230

and then mount it to a set of roof racks? or could i just buy even the roof rack ends?
would attaching one end of it to the sports bar be an option with some spacers or extension rods of some sort?

id also like to be able to mount a shovel to one side and have a 3-4" tube mounted for carrying conduit
those pull out ironman awnings have also caught my eye... my only concern maybe that of the carrying capacity of the whole lot mounted on my roof....

if anyone has done anything like this that would be great.
basically id like to be able to have a set of 8foot double sided steps up there and and extension ladder.
then be able to take them off for the weekend and use the car for un related work activities.

any help/suggestions would be great thanks!
chickencake

Re: Mn triton cargo basket

Postby chickencake on Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:31 am

Click to view larger picture
chickencake

Postby Snooozy on Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:15 am

chickencake wrote:Hey all,
One of the reasons for me buying a triton was the ability to be able to carry ladders for work.
having said that its also for camping and towing my dirt bike and or boat/jetski so storage on the roof could be very handy, weather it be for camping gear, sking gear, motorbike gear or jerry cans.

basically what im after is an open ended cargo rack which i can affix above the cab.
im not interested in drilling holes into my roof, as this is way to invasive for my liking.

and then mount it to a set of roof racks? or could i just buy even the roof rack ends?
would attaching one end of it to the sports bar be an option with some spacers or extension rods of some sort?

I would be concerned about the total weight. the rack as listed in the link is 42kg
add the other accessories & ladders etc & you will be way over. From memory the limit is only 50kg unless you use something like the Rhino track mount system

id also like to be able to mount a shovel to one side and have a 3-4" tube mounted for carrying conduit
those pull out ironman awnings have also caught my eye... my only concern maybe that of the carrying capacity of the whole lot mounted on my roof....

basically id like to be able to have a set of 8foot double sided steps up there and and extension ladder.
then be able to take them off for the weekend and use the car for un related work activities.

Snooozy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Snooozy on Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:15 am

chickencake wrote:Hey all,

I would be concerned about the total weight. the rack as listed in the link is 42kg
add the other accessories & ladders etc & you will be way over. From memory the limit is only 50kg unless you use something like the Rhino track mount system
Snooozy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby motoz on Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:19 am

Rhino track mount roof rack system with an alloy roof tray would solve your issue.

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Will it be a good show ???
motoz
Platinum Subscriber

Postby dat_40t on Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:50 pm

this is what i have, rhino rack pioneer platform with heavy duty legs
dat_40t

Postby chickencake on Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:49 pm

actually went and had a look at the one in the ebay add in person today looks pretty good and is track mounted which means fixing as you would track mounted roof racks, shovel attachment is an extra $69 so it might be a go-er
chickencake

Return to Exterior Mods