Snowboard racks

Bull bars, sliders, wheel carriers etc!

Snowboard racks

Postby Maxiy on Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:07 pm

Hey all

Iam new to the forum and new to the tritons. I upgraded my worn out old lancer to a brand new 2014 MN manual dual cab at the start of last month. loving the car so far.

the ute is pretty much stock standard (got a free tow bar as they accidentaly fitted it to the wrong ute, so i scored it free) i dont have a canopy or tonneau cover, and have the standard steel cab protection rail over the back of the tub. I am heavily into board sports (snowboarding, kiteboarding, mountainboarding) and took the new ute for its maiden voyage to thredbo a few weeks back. i found that putting 5 boards in the tub was a bit of a game of tetris (to arrange it so i could get all other gear in also). So i have been thinking of making up some kind of bolt on or clamp on rack that fits onto the cab protection rail which i can carry all my boards on. something similar to what you see on wake board boats.

Has anyone done something like this? have any pointers?

all replies are appreciated

cheers :)
Maxiy

Re: Snowboard racks

Postby Naff on Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:25 pm

What about just normal roof racks and specific board mounting accessories?
Naff
Platinum Subscriber

Re: Snowboard racks

Postby Maxiy on Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:18 am

That works for the snowboards, but iam unaware of any off the shelf racks for wakebaords/kiteboards or mountainboards. I was also hoping to come up with a solution that could accommodate all board types, with a off the shelf board roof rack I would have to change the rack everytime I wanted to carry a different board. Iam thinking I shall get some alloy wakeboard racks (normally fitted to the upright tow frame of a wake boat) of ebay and retro fit them to my cabin rail, shall post some pics once I have done it incase anyone else wants yo achieve something similar
Maxiy

Return to Exterior Mods