2009 mn water overflow bottle again

Bull bars, sliders, wheel carriers etc!

2009 mn water overflow bottle again

Postby eflemi11 on Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:45 pm

Ok read about keeping the oem bottle in situ by cutting off the lugs etc. however has anyone mounted the oem bottle between the battery and firewall? The oem mounted beside the air box compresses against the rubber intake pipe leading from the exterior into the engine bay.
eflemi11

Re: 2009 mn water overflow bottle again

Postby Scale on Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:16 pm

Why do you have to moved the overflow bottle?
Scale

Postby eflemi11 on Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:35 pm

Where the bottle sits currently, the barb pushes against the rubber hose that passes thru the guard into the intake box. To do the mod to have it remain in its current location and mentioned on here means cutting off the securing points and siliconing the bottle onto the inner panel. The issues are - the barb still pushes hard onto above said intake rubber hose collapsing the walls, second is that it is pushed in hard against the air box making it near impossible to retain the securing rear clip, third if I don't silicon it into place it can work loose on rough roads ie Bourke to Wanaaring road with a risk of damaging leading to break down in remote area. I have thought about moving the battery closer to the engine and mounting the bottle between the battery and relay/fuse box. Or mounting it behind the battery off the firewall with a bracket. I need a reliable vehicle not a ' she's right mate'. The supplied ss bottle is not suited for my vehicle because of power steer reservoir.
eflemi11

Postby eflemi11 on Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:46 am

Sorted. Just did as shown in sticky post but left front lug on and using a heat gun melted the bottles front to the shape of the intake pipe. Just be careful not to hit it to hard or it will produce a hole where the front lug was removed. Now it is bolted in, looks factory fitted still and does not impede the intake. Off to Evans head for week fishing and some 4x4. :D
eflemi11

Return to Exterior Mods