Qld sliders

Bull bars, sliders, wheel carriers etc!

Re: Qld sliders

Postby smeghead on Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:45 am

I am not entirely sure what difference a phone call would have made. I live at the other end of the country and have already waited quite a long time to get these.

I knew I could make them fit, it was just a pr*ck of a job. Mate, if I couldn't get them on at all then believe me, I would have been straight on the phone to you.

I wrote the post at 10:30 at night covered in dirt, grease and blood and was pretty annoyed that what I thought would be an 1hr job took me 5...

But, even after all that, I think the last line of my post summed up my thoughts on product...

So, I sincerely apologise if it came across as a whinge.
Sean

'07 | GLX-R | 3.2 DiD | Manual | Gunmetal Grey

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
smeghead

Postby fireball on Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:59 pm

i got the sliders delivered on monday. but now i'm worried cos i dont plan on putting these in myself and if i send it to a 4wd shop to put them in and they find they are having to spend hours on the job like some of u guys fitting it, i'm getting charged by the hour . :?

so should i go for a drive to errold's shop, so that he can fit them for me , so that if there is a problem with fitment, he can sort it out there ?

errold?
fireball

Postby boo-ya on Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:14 pm

I put mine on at errolds with a mate there as well. They are definatly a tight fit but nothing like the problems oink and smeghead had. It is a tight fit around the fuel tank to get the bolts on but that is the design of the car. Took us maybe 1/2 hour to get them on and bolted up.
I am very happy that they are on tight, alot better than having them on loose. obviously there are some difference in chassis sizes which is not something many of us would pick if at all untill this happens. It is a shame that they dont fit right guys as they are a good bit of gear.
Hope you guys can sort it out so your happy with them. :)
boo-ya

Postby smeghead on Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:19 pm

Just so its clear...

Mine fit great... now. 8-)

It was just very difficult to get them on...

fireball, if you have the luxury of getting up to errolds shop then I would do it mate. He would be the most qualified person to help you get them on... That wasn't an option for me.
Sean

'07 | GLX-R | 3.2 DiD | Manual | Gunmetal Grey

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
smeghead

Postby oink on Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:24 pm

fireball

If you have that choice then I would take the time and see if he can fit them or help you fit them.

If there is a problem, well he's the man on the spot at the time to sort them out.

As smeghead mentioned, we didn't have that choice, being interstate, and we had to deal with the problem at hand.

But, I bet you, yours will just slip on with any trouble! Life's like that! Then you marry one!
Spent most of my money on booze, women, guns, utes, motorcycles, fishing & boats.

I wasted the rest!
oink

Postby jop on Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:45 pm

Finally got mine fitted yesterday, hate to say it but they fit like a glove.

Definately looks like the second batch were the ones that were too tight, so homer yours should be alright.

Click to view larger picture

I have changed my tyres to some 265/65/17 A/T while i'm doing some big km's for the next few months.
jop

Postby Homer on Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:45 am

They look good mate....go well with the platoon.

I'll have to get mine on before Christmas - might take them into work and make someone else help.
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby tryhard on Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:23 am

smeghead wrote:So, I sincerely apologise if it came across as a whinge.

Reading the details here mate, I don't really think you have anything to apologise for ! ;-)
---

MY10 MN GLX-R 2.5 DiD Auto gunmetal grey
tryhard

Postby Dylan 191 on Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:48 pm

Looks sweet , go the platoon
Marge bring me your address book ,4 beers and my conversation hat !!
Dylan 191

Postby jop on Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:20 pm

jop

Postby chick_magnet_0001 on Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:45 pm

looks bloody tuff

boooooooo platoon :lol:
COME ON FULL NOISE!!!!
Recovered:
Jop at scenic rim
Homer at janowen Hills
Homer at janowen Hills (3mins later)
Recovered
by fridgie 4wd Training Day... "shakes head" i woulda made it
chick_magnet_0001

Postby jop on Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:48 pm

Looked tuffer with the muds on :cry:

And that's limited release platoon thankyou 8-)
jop

Postby oink on Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:56 pm

Glad they fitted on easy for you.
Spent most of my money on booze, women, guns, utes, motorcycles, fishing & boats.

I wasted the rest!
oink

Postby kwyjibo on Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:04 pm

i was a bit worried about people's feet slipping off the edge when they were wet from any water so i bought some skateboard grip tape for about 10 bucks and cut it to thin strips and stuck it along the edge of the outside rail... but since then people who turn in their seat before getting out keep ripping off the hair from the back of their legs when they get out (i learned through pain to put one foot on the step on the way out :oops: ). I find it rather funny anticipating the yelp of pain of the first time unsuspecting victims, then the insults after :lol: .

thinking of taking tape back off... its gathering a fair bit of fine dirt, making it slightly brown
kwyjibo

Postby fireball on Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:14 pm

too scared to fit it on my own and run into issues so goin to get errold to fit it for me late next wk
fireball

Postby fireball on Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:26 pm

quick update:
went out to errold's place today. he fitted them with ease. what a champ :D
now it looks tuff . really happy with the product. will get around to posting some pics when i have some time on the wkend.

didnt have the issues that other experienced with the brackets splaying out or being too narrow. once on, just a g clamp to get the top of the brackets slightly closer together to bolt it in was all that was needed.

now i have to find some big ass rocks to hit :)
fireball

Postby kwyjibo on Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:49 pm

Congrats! they look great don't they, feels good when u get to use them... speaking of which i need to buy some black spray paint :roll:
kwyjibo

Postby Cyber 09 on Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:49 pm

Hey Guys,
Glad your all happy with them. Hope they are as good as you all make them sounds.
They had better be worth the wait. We still waiting for ours here in the west.
Cyber 09

Postby Homer on Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:12 am

Just fitted mine today....lying in the rain in a big puddle for nearly 3 hrs wasn't fun..... I can hear the woman now....you leave everything to the last minute blah...blah :oops:

Just had to oversize a couple of holes and fitted like a finger in a bum.....big finger....little bum

Going to try and bend them over the next couple of weeks.
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby QueenslandeR on Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:30 pm

These things certainly look the business, shame i didn't have my ute at the time. Anyone out there still keen on some that missed out first time round? Might be a few new MN owners out there lookin to toughen up their rigs :?:
QueenslandeR

Postby jimmy on Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:56 pm

QueenslandeR wrote:These things certainly look the business, shame i didn't have my ute at the time. Anyone out there still keen on some that missed out first time round? Might be a few new MN owners out there lookin to toughen up their rigs :?:

i could be interested mate seing as i trashed both of my standard boards last weekend following kwyjibo up a creek, good fun but and jumping on them straightened them out a bit and multigrips and a hammer did the rest, now they just look like shite, so yeah if ur getting a group buy goin i could well join the party
after Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF
jimmy

Postby RockoWallaby on Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:04 am

Same with me, mate. Might be interested in a set too. Hmm, another group buy?
Think I'd have them fitted by the guys there tho, regardless of having a hoist at home ;)
Scotty
RockoWallaby

Postby rockslider on Mon May 03, 2010 4:18 pm

HI there
Errold and Chris
After some challenges with the guys that have been building sliders for us we have now overcome all of that, Now there is Chris who has become a part of the team, who is now building all the sliders along side with myself Errold. Things are going fantastic now with very little challanges, so great to have him as a part of the team. Just so that you know the site would not let me log in any more with my old username avaerrold.
Its all good so now you will find us as rockslider.
We will be looking at doing another group buy so let us now if your keen and we will get back to you soon with prices, unfortunatly they wont be as good as last time.
lookig forward to helping you guys out in the future.
regaurds Errold and Chris
rockslider

Postby jimmy on Mon May 03, 2010 4:27 pm

im keen depending on price, stick ya pencil in the sharpener ;)
after Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF
jimmy

Postby RockoWallaby on Wed May 05, 2010 7:02 am

Same with me. Please keep us informed as to whats happening.
Whats the normal prices anyway, Errol?
Scott
Arthur Dent: All my life I've had this strange feeling that there's something big and sinister going on in the world.
Slartibartfast: No, that's perfectly normal paranoia. Everyone in the universe gets that.
RockoWallaby

PreviousNext

Return to Exterior Mods