Returning with a PC

Anything specific to the Mitsubishi Challenger goes here!

Returning with a PC

Postby Eureka on Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:27 am

Been a while but back on this forum :D

I had a 3.2l ML GLXR and loved it but that dissappeared in a pile of business red ink. Back in the game now and could not resist the $33990 runout PC Challenger deal so here we go again.

I have some questions that I'm hoping to pick your collective brains over.

First, the PC front seats. In the ML one of the best mods I did was the 25mm seat spacers. Made a huge difference to back pain on longer drives. Is this still an issue with the PC seats?

Also, it looks like the whole EGR and carbon buildup issue has been pretty well sorted. The way to go seems to be http://www.4wdsupplies.com.au/mn-triton-spv-industries-egr-resistor/ however this doesnt specifically mention the PC. Is this the correct part? Does this also do away with the need for a catch can?

Also the old Srint Booster seems to have made way for http://www.4wdsupplies.com.au/windbooster-9-mode-i-auto-suit-mitsubishi-triton-ml-mn/ but once again this does not specifically mention the PC. Is this the correct part?

Looking forward to rejoining one of the best run forums around.

cheers,
Steve
Eureka

Re: Returning with a PC

Postby borngeek on Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:58 am

both will work fine on the 2.5 challenger.

Welcome back! :D
Don't be a tool, use this: FORUM DIRECTORY

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :lol:
borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Postby SEJ GLX-R on Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:04 am

Hey Steve, welcome back!
See my build thread ... HERE
See my shed ............. HERE
SEJ GLX-R

Postby Eureka on Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:25 am

thanks guys, looking forward to it
Eureka

Postby Snooozy on Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:44 pm

welcome back mate :)
Snooozy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby mattz on Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:27 pm

Welcome back. 8-)
And i thought you bought a new computer. :lol:
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A MAN AND A BOY IS
THE PRICE OF HIS TOYS
mattz

Postby Homer on Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:58 pm

:lol: me too...was why I didn't read the thread until now :oops:

Welcome back :)
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby Ent on Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:29 pm

The PC is very much a PB so unless a front body panel you could expect most things to fit. The front is very much Triton as well, but the rear is unique. Occassionally you will strike problems been told things will not fit when they do, ie bull bars.

The seat modification is very common on the Pajero/Challenger forum. For my size 48 feet the footwell is more an issue than my 191cm height. As typical with the Challenger just an ounce more thinking by Mitsubishi and the seats could be excellent but restricted travel and pitch means an issue for many. Basically, Mitsubishi limited rearward travel so back seats could fold down.

The major bonus over the Tritons is the standard fitment of super select 4wd and rear diff locker across the PC range.

A Challenger requires an accepting mindset. It is not a modern SUV so clunky in many areas but the other side of that coin is it is a good base for offroad modifications. Quiet and capable cruiser but with more lock to lock turns to wonder if you should fit the old style palm wheel. Autos are rather hated for towing in auto but those that use them as manuals appear happy enough.

If towing resist the urge to upsize tyres as the Challenger is overgeared from the factory. If you have a factory towbar immediately look at remounting the plug to the top of the bar and replace the anti-rattle bolt with a flush fitting cap screw.

Not sure on you planned use or modifications but a Challenger conservatively setup is a very capable off road vehicle. The thing that never ceases to amaze me with the Challenger is the huge varying opinions. Take fuel consumption. Some claim 8.6 or better and other struggle to get to 11. Even if you factor in tyres, accessories, etc you could believe people are lying but it appears some really good ones and some dogs. Much with most aspects of the vehicle.

Have fun with it.
Ent

Postby Eureka on Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:17 pm

thanks for the welcome backs guys, good to see plenty of familiar "faces"
Eureka

Postby Eureka on Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:24 pm

Ent wrote:The PC is very much a PB so unless a front body panel you could expect most things to fit. The front is very much Triton as well, but the rear is unique. Occassionally you will strike problems been told things will not fit when they do, ie bull bars.

The seat modification is very common on the Pajero/Challenger forum. For my size 48 feet the footwell is more an issue than my 191cm height. As typical with the Challenger just an ounce more thinking by Mitsubishi and the seats could be excellent but restricted travel and pitch means an issue for many. Basically, Mitsubishi limited rearward travel so back seats could fold down.

The major bonus over the Tritons is the standard fitment of super select 4wd and rear diff locker across the PC range.

A Challenger requires an accepting mindset. It is not a modern SUV so clunky in many areas but the other side of that coin is it is a good base for offroad modifications. Quiet and capable cruiser but with more lock to lock turns to wonder if you should fit the old style palm wheel. Autos are rather hated for towing in auto but those that use them as manuals appear happy enough.

If towing resist the urge to upsize tyres as the Challenger is overgeared from the factory. If you have a factory towbar immediately look at remounting the plug to the top of the bar and replace the anti-rattle bolt with a flush fitting cap screw.

Not sure on you planned use or modifications but a Challenger conservatively setup is a very capable off road vehicle. The thing that never ceases to amaze me with the Challenger is the huge varying opinions. Take fuel consumption. Some claim 8.6 or better and other struggle to get to 11. Even if you factor in tyres, accessories, etc you could believe people are lying but it appears some really good ones and some dogs. Much with most aspects of the vehicle.

Have fun with it.

thank you, great feed back

Re seats...have sent a pm to kwikfab but havent heard back yet. Is this the best place currently to get the seat spacers?

Definitely agree about superselect. Had this in the glxr and loved it. A big plus for the Challenger even in base model format.

This is pretty much being bought as a road vehicle with camper trailer towing and some off road capabilities. My last (insurance write off) car was a ford wagon on gas (think telstra wagon with ladders etc on roof). This is going to be a road car for work that will also take the family away when camping. Offroad toy is an old Jackaroo which does a remarkable job and I dont have to worry about it getting me to work on Monday when I break something.
Eureka

Return to Challenger Club