Mitsubishi hard lid

Anything Triton 2016+ related

Mitsubishi hard lid

Postby Dropbear67 on Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:13 pm

Anyone got their hard lid yet? Mine is still on "back order".. nearly two months after taking delivery of the car.
:shock: :oops:
Dropbear67

Re: Mitsubishi hard lid

Postby tommydadog on Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:15 pm

Mines got one, the 2 piece with sports bar.

At my dealers they have the since and 2 piece lids and went there today they now have canopy and a new lid that's made of checker plate with tie down rails, 200kg limit. Was pretty awesome imo
tommydadog

Postby Duck on Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:40 pm

Dropbear67 wrote:Anyone got their hard lid yet? Mine is still on "back order".. nearly two months after taking delivery of the car.
:shock: :oops:

Ring a local Arb store and see if they have them, if they do get a refund and sort it yourself, if they don't still get a refund. better your bank than theirs. 2 months is a fair wait.
Life is what happens while you are busy making plans........
Duck

Postby Dropbear67 on Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:14 pm

Just got contacted by the dealer.. should be in my hands in two weeks... ah well.. better than nothing at all.
Dropbear67

Postby RichieZ1983 on Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:25 pm

Have you got your hard lid yet? Mines one back order and I won't get it till end of Novmber
RichieZ1983

Postby fergy1927 on Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:28 am

Mine has finally arrived at City Mitsubishi in Brisbane. I was about to ask for my money back.
fergy1927

Postby Gee El Ess on Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:47 pm

Won't be any aftermarket hard lids for a while. From my understanding the company who makes them EGR also makes it for genuine are exclusive to genuine for a period of time.
I'm thinking of getting one. Are they easy to take off when needed when carrying something quite tall?
Gee El Ess

Postby har05l on Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:48 pm

Gee El Ess wrote:Won't be any aftermarket hard lids for a while. From my understanding the company who makes them EGR also makes it for genuine are exclusive to genuine for a period of time.
I'm thinking of getting one. Are they easy to take off when needed when carrying something quite tall?

2 clips for the gas struts and 2 slide pins for the hinges and it's ready to lift out
[censored]
har05l
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Doc on Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:27 pm

tommydadog wrote:...a new lid that's made of checker plate with tie down rails, 200kg limit...

Interested in this - are they Mitsubishi genuine or something available through that dealer? Which dealer incidentally?
Some say the glass is half full...
Some say the glass is half empty..
I say “Are you gonna drink that?
Doc

Postby Demaresi on Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:05 am

Hi there,

I have a hard lid for my ML Triton complete with the sports bars etc. that I removed serviceable so I could fit a canopy. Posted it on Gumtree if interested or you can contact me through here. The lid is a genuine Mitsubishi lid and blue in colour. If there is any interest out there, give me a holler. Live in Cairns so can't deliver but is all there ready to go.

Demaresi
Demaresi

Postby aquagen on Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:57 pm

That will come in handy for anyone with a ML. Wont fit a mq
aquagen

Postby Doc on Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:21 pm

aquagen wrote:That will come in handy for anyone with a ML. Wont fit a mq

Or an MN for that matter
Doc

Postby Gee El Ess on Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:52 pm

Had another look at the hard lid today. Makes the triton so much nicer to look at. The height it raises up is sufficient. Got a quote from my dealer for around $2100 painted and a few hundred to install.
I'm not a fan of the genuine 3 piece liner so I had a look at an after market. The 3 piece has a rubber base which would be ideal to prevent sliding around. Supposedly this brand makes genuine liners for the nissan Navara. Got quoted $350 inc install. I'm leaning towards this.
Gee El Ess

Postby aquagen on Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:53 am

Iv been quoted by multiple dealers in Perth for 2k flat installed
aquagen

Postby Doc on Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:39 am

We have an MN with the style-side tub. In anticipation of a trip away in the 2nd half of this year. I'm looking at a lockable tub lid. Problem is that we have a 2nd fridge (a Trailblaza in case anyone's interested in that stuff) which sits about 20-30mm proud of the tub lip. My question for the good folk on here is whether there is a hard lid on the market that gives a little clearance (maybe 40mm) on top of the tub lip height.

Before anyone suggests it, a canopy is out of the question (we had one at the outset which we used when we went to The Cape but which we later sold because of the visibility restrictions out the back for my wife).

I also have a OE tub liner which I'm thinking of ditching for a spray-on variety ... or even just a rubber mat ... if that's likely to make enough difference.
Doc

Postby Joel on Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:13 am

I have seen a few people cut out the trim from the under side of the hard lid to give a little more space.
I only drink on days starting with T... Today and Tomorrow
Joel

Postby Cowboy Dave on Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:29 pm

You'll get a couple of mm out of the liner going. Does the fridge have any rubber feet or anything you can remove?

Is the backseat full? A few blokes have replaced the seat with a timber platform with tie downs for big trips which gives a bit of extra capacity if you're only 2 up.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby Doc on Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:42 am

Cowboy Dave wrote:You'll get a couple of mm out of the liner going. Does the fridge have any rubber feet or anything you can remove?

Is the backseat full? A few blokes have replaced the seat with a timber platform with tie downs for big trips which gives a bit of extra capacity if you're only 2 up.

Nah...no rubber feet. Trailblaza's are all aluminium construction and solid as. Unfortunately it's too wide to go into the back seat area (originally had it made to fit in the underneath of our previous campertrailer so it has a large footprint but isn't as high - ended up with 80 litres which was pretty good).

Was wondering whether someone with a hardlid could measure
Cowboy Dave wrote:You'll get a couple of mm out of the liner going. Does the fridge have any rubber feet or anything you can remove?

Nah...no rubber feet. Trailblaza's are all aluminium construction and solid as. Unfortunately it's too wide to go into the back seat area (originally had it made to fit in the underneath of our previous campertrailer so it has a large footprint but isn't as high - ended up with 80 litres which was pretty good).

Was wondering whether someone with a hardlid might be able to measure the actual internal dimensions with the lid closed. And whether that's with or without a tub-liner in place too.
Doc

Postby Cowboy Dave on Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:28 pm

Too wide with the seat in, but with it out? Would have to be huge.

I seem to remember there was some discussion about height under the lid with regard to those yellow plastic looking fridges. I can't think of the brand now. :oops: But they seemed to be the largest that would fit under the lid without modifications being made.

There was a hardlid you could get with like a scissor lift sort of mechanism on the sides to lift and lower it. That made it adjustable for height but in the up position you wouldn't have a seal around the bottom to keep the dirt and stuff out. Anyway hopefully someone will have an idea what might work. Mine has had a canopy on it from early on so I've not had to deal with these problems.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby Doc on Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:28 am

Cowboy Dave wrote:Too wide with the seat in, but with it out? Would have to be huge.

It is pretty wide - footprint is either 875x575 or 975x675. I can never remember which.
Doc

Return to General Discussion