MY16 MQ GLX Styleside vs MN GLX Styleside

Anything Triton 2016+ related

MY16 MQ GLX Styleside vs MN GLX Styleside

Postby destorman on Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:26 am

As I wrote in another thread (see here: viewtopic.php?f=97&t=18540) I've had an MQ GLX for a few days. While I had it in my garage at home, I took a few measurements to check the size of the styleside tray. So, for anyone who may be interested:

Tray Height - measured at the mud flap / rear edge of the wheel flare (i.e. about where I'd normally be loading the tray from the side if doing some gardening etc.) and is from the ground to the top edge of the style side ... MQ measured up at 1360mm (our 2015 MN is 1300mm)

Tray Depth (internal) - measured at the same point as the tray height as noted above, and measured from the "floor" of the tray to the top of the styleside tray edge ... MQ measured up at 510mm (our 2015 MN is 470mm)

Tray Length (internal) - measured at the centre of the tail gate to the headboard at the top edge of the tray, so this is essentially the maximum useable internal length inside the tray ... MQ measured up at 1470mm (our 2015 MN is 1505mm)

Tray Width (internal) - measured across the tray at the same spot as the tray height and depth noted above and is the internal, inside measure from styleside inside edge to inside edge ... MQ measured up at 1465mm (our 2015 MN is 1465mm)

Tray Width (between wheel arches) - measured across the floor of the tray at approx. the middle of the wheel arches, so this is essentially the maximum useable width between the wheel arches ... MQ measured up at 1080mm (our 2015 MN is 1080mm)

Tray Floor Height (floor to ground) - measured from the ground to the floor of the tray at just off centre of the tray to avoid the towbar, the tape measure was slipped into the gap bewteen the open tailgate and the tray ... MQ measured up at 880mm (our 2015 MN is 840mm)

I'm kicking myself I didn't get a measurement from the open tailgate to the ground :evil:
The best surfer is the one having the most fun ... :mrgreen:
destorman

Re: MY16 MQ GLX Styleside vs MN GLX Styleside

Postby kxboss on Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:38 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D thanks
kxboss

Return to General Discussion