Advice on rated recovery points - MQ Triton

Anything Triton 2016+ related

Re: Advice on rated recovery points - MQ Triton

Postby Deadhead on Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:19 pm

Hi, newby, hello everyone.
Was doing research on recovery points today and up popped this forum in my search.
In regards to the poster who mentioned Roadsafe and their product for a MQ triton. I spoke with them today and there is no nearby date for them having that product for a MQ, They weren’t satisfied with the product supplied to them, and could not successfully rate it. The lady said maybe next Easter, but also said could easily next Xmas.(Dec 2020)
I regards to the poster who mentioned needing to upgrade front suspension if installing bullbar, I checked with the sales guy from whom I bought my MQ18 Triton Exceed, and he said that is a personal choice only. If you wanted to add it on “at build” there is no further additional suspension upgrade in the build section of the website. If you want to pay the bucks, go right ahead and get it. Will be after market.
Now to the gist of the original topic.
I spent the day fluffing around on the subject.
There are really only two, that I could find that is easiest. The big problem is, if you want to put, for argument a Brown Davis underbody pan (4 piece, no one else offers that, and best price) there is no guarantee that ANY other brand will then fit either a recovery point or bullbar. The guy at B+D said that they use RoadSafe, but as no recovery point exists with them for the MQ just deepens the problem.
Then you want to add a bullbar.
Again the problem exists that all the people I spoke to today cannot guarantee that their products will allow another product to correctly fit.
RoadSafe have a PDF factsheet that points out what will fit, what wouldn’t fit, and blank spaces for “we don’t know”. There is plenty of blank spaces. Mind you some of the corrections needed is a bash with a hammer, or a little more colourful language. Other modifications were much more serious, way outside my ability.
As I see it, the easiest way to go about the problem is to bite the bullit and get all three (underbody, recovery and bullbar) from one supplier. This allows all warranty on all pieces would stand.
Ironman 4x4 state that their recovery points will only allow their bullbars to fit. Waiting on a quote from them.
ARB gave me a price of just shy of 5k for the three and said if the recovery points go on this year and the bullbar next their is additional cost to fit the bullbar. (Pull off recovery point check and clean, blah blah)
All in all my opinion is they pretty much has by the goies and for piece of mind regarding workmanship and warranties is it easiest to go with one supplier.

I am not here to undermine any other posters, just the fact of my research today. Look forward to conversations and tips for 4 wheeling and my triton.
DH
Deadhead

Previous

Return to General Discussion