Riggins - MQ GLS from Sydney

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Riggins - MQ GLS from Sydney

Postby trondabron on Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:54 pm

Hello all,

Long time lurking in the shadows, first post.
Just traded in my partners 2012 MN Triton GLX for a freshy MQ GLS. First time optioning a new car from the dealers, I think we went alright.
White GLS Manual,
OE canopy w/slide windows
OE towbar kit
OE nudge bar w/ factory driving light harness
$40,900.
Click to view larger picture

Before we had even pickup it up, had already booked into Oztint in Five Dock and the Rhino liners in Windsor.
Went 18% on the front, 35% on the back privacy glass, to bring it around 10%, and then 5% on the canopy privacy glass.
And got the Rhino liner done up under the canopy flange to add protection to the top edge in case of movement.

Overall the car is much nicer than the MN, feels more of a car and less of a truck. Good for a vehicle that wont do much off roading, just a few trips out to the farm and the lake.

Couple of things to go, bonnet protector and LED light bar etc.

Cheerio
trondabron

Re: Riggins - MQ GLS from Sydney

Postby trondabron on Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:54 pm

Also, does the pictures show in full for others on the forum, or do I have to shrink them?
trondabron

Postby snakesoup on Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:13 pm

pics look great to me mate, she looks sweet! how did you go with the trade in price on the mn if ya dont mind??
snakesoup

Postby trondabron on Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:24 pm

Not brilliant, my other half had a couple of friendly poles that got too close, so we lost out on that, we were offered 15,500 and 16,000 from 2 places, Castle Hill and Penrith, went with Castle Hill as they were better on price overall. They told us theyd offer 17,000-17,500 with no damage. No doubt theyll polish the car and put it up for 20K+. The joys of not selling privately. Atleast it was convenient.
trondabron

Postby snakesoup on Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:45 pm

yep that's right mate , and thanks
snakesoup

Postby RG76 on Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:24 am

Nice car! Don't worry I'm a long time lurker until now given that I've recently changed from the Challenger to the Triton camp :D

Believe it or not the car that you're driving most likely was going to be one that I was meant to purchase. I spoke with Kasey Nolan from Heartland Mitsubishi about 2 weeks ago and was heading out to purchase the car as we'd done a bit of haggling over the phone. During the discussion he never mentioned he was from Castle Hill and his email signature was just Heartland.

Anyhow went into Heartland Mitsubishi, the only one I knew of was at Chullora and told them I'm here to see Kasey. They gave me a puzzled look and I showed them the email's I had, they began to laugh and said we can help you. Long story short, they are the same group just different location. They matched the price and were happy to get one back on the Castle Hill dealership, so I walked out with the following;

White GLS Manual
TJM rear bar step including tow bar
TJM Snorkel
TJM 30mm Lift kit (Still to be installed as on back order)
Two piece lockable hard lid

$43k
RG76

Postby RG76 on Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:48 am

RG76

Postby snakesoup on Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:39 pm

need to get the tint done on the front rg 76 !! , nice rig mate
snakesoup

Postby Rain on Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:59 pm

Looking good mate.. I bought mine from Penrith and I only got 12K for my MY12 iLoad van..it had a lot of kms and damaged allover and had some mechanical issues too. They initially offered me 11k but then I bargained it up a bit. I am sure you'll your new ride.
Rain

Postby trondabron on Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:49 pm

Nice one, looks the same haha.

Kasey was our salesman, we got the right car in the end so thats all that matters.

Got the LED light bar on, all wired up with a waterproof Deutschconnector to the factory driving light harness.
Looks pretty bright.
The factory button is illuminated with the dash lights, but the little square above it doesn't light up when the button is pushed in, not sure if they didn't wire it up properly or its not meant to do that. Anyone else with this?

Also, upgraded the plates for her Triton and my Mirage yesterday. Got sequential plates haha.
trondabron

Return to Member Build Ups