Super utes

Triton in the media

Super utes

Postby Jrosey on Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:33 pm

Has anybody else seen the new MQ Triton ready for the new supercar series. Sorry moderators you can move this some where . In Townsville they are showing the new Utes, Rangers and Tritons . Big list of extras to race with. Shame none of its available for our Utes.
Jrosey
Platinum Subscriber

Re: Super utes

Postby WUNSIE on Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:58 pm

Yeah mate and the Triton took out race win, by the way they run controlled, engines, g/box, diff and are 2wd, and aMotec ecu . Click on the v8 supercar site, click on ECB Super utes/ vehicle specifications
WUNSIE

Postby snakesoup on Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:30 pm

So the the original engines are used but they are tuned to all have the exact same power and torque

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
snakesoup

Postby WUNSIE on Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:08 pm

snakesoup wrote:So the the original engines are used but they are tuned to all have the exact same power and torque

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

This is an extract from the Supercar site
One of the most significant changes to the SuperUte from the popular V8 Utes category is under the hood.

The production turbo diesel engines will be utilised and produce 340bhp and a torque figure of 500 ft/lb. A category controlled Motec ECU will then monitor the performance across the cars.

The rear-wheel drive cars will weigh 1800 kilograms and also feature control components including a CAMS approved roll cage, brakes, tyres, wheels, springs and dampers.

The drivetrain will include a control gearbox and ratios as well as rear axle assembly
WUNSIE

Postby EVLED on Fri May 17, 2019 4:46 pm

EVLED

Postby WUNSIE on Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:53 pm

Newcastle 500 less than a month away, cant wait, been each year since it started, Had the opportunity to get right up close to the Tritons last year in the pits, while they were working on them, 8-) They run a massive Disc brake set up, one of the mechanics mentioned they run a turbo off a 3.2 Ranger
WUNSIE

Postby aybe on Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:07 pm

Enjoy the diesels while you can Wunsie.Next year they will run a crate engine V8.I guess they're trying to get closer racing as they do spread out a bit.But then what do they relate to?I'm not to sure they'll be around for the long haul.
aybe

Postby Merts on Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:45 am

aybe wrote:But then what do they relate to?

Not really any different to the Supercars, which run control just about everything from the chassis to the engine.
We're all still happy to cheer on the 'Ford' or the 'Holden' even though the only thing that's similar to the factory car is that they look more or less like them.
GLS MQ Triton, ARB Summit front, rear and side bars, Carryboy canopy and rack, Dobinson heavy duty suspension, Harrop rear E-locker, Drifta drawers and a few other bits and pieces.
Merts
Platinum Subscriber

Return to Triton News