Miss Daisy's Punishment

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Miss Daisy's Punishment

Postby fridgie on Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:35 pm

Well, some of the major mods have started to be completed so I thought it was about time to show Daisy to the world as she is now and how she got to be the way she is.

Here is the day she arrived
P1030242.JPG
P1030245.JPG

Never having had a 4X4 before, and having a GF at the time who was a PITA, it was a couple of years of complete stockness. Finally got off my arse after being on the site as a lurker for quite a while and started joining in the threads and looking at all the sheds........BIG MISTAKE!! :lol: Thanks guys - too many friggin ideas and with excitement building so did the wish list :?

So after looking at the trip threads and really wanting to get out there with you all, I decided tyres would be the first thing to change. Not knowing where I would be going nor how often, and doing umpteen trips to the Gold Coast and back (my family all decided to have babies at the same time - 3 in 2 months, another one about 6 months later) I felt that an A/T tyre was going to be the choince for me. Spent a fair bit of time on here researching brands and sizes (many thanks to all who contributed to these threads) I went for the Bridgestone D694LT's 265/75R16. As soon as they were on the truck I was very pleased with the way she looked. They fit like they belong there :mrgreen:
DSC_0933.JPG

She stayed like this for a little while. I really enjoyed the better grip, the look and the fact that they made hardly any noise at all on the black stuff.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

FORUM DIRECTORY - Click here

SEARCH TUTORIAL - Click here

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Re: Miss Daisy's Development

Postby fridgie on Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:48 pm

Next came Subi's ipod cable mod. (thanks mate ;) ) Probably one of the best things I have done. I didnt think to take pics of the install and Subi has already done a great writeup for that. Anyway, I ran the cable down and underneath the centre console to the passenger side near the cup holder - a great place to put the phone as I dont have a proper holder. It will also reach into the centre console from there and the bluetooth voice control on the ipod means I dont have to touch it to use it :D
P1010251.JPG

This is about the time I went on my first NEWTRITON trip :D thus forcing me to add a couple of extra things. I decided for ease, cost and lack of time to go for a handheld UHF. This has worked fine so far but one day will be upgraded to a built in unit. A mobile phone holder, couple of cable ties (found out after the second trip that the holder couldnt handle the bumpy stuff :roll: ) and it was in. It came with an external mic with speaker which runs up an clips onto the visor making operation dead easy.
P1010248.JPG

This addition though, caused a slight conundrum. I now had a UFH, a GPS and an Iphone I wanted plugged in but only 2 sockets so off to super cheap and grabbed a double socket adapter. Fitted this inside the centre console out of the way and is held in with double sided tape.
P1010250.JPG

This was as she was left for a few months. After being on a couple of trips to Ormeau and a camp up to D.I. Point, the bash plates had had a bit of a workout and were looking rather shabby. I had also decided that a snorkel had moved onto the list after seeing a pic or 2 with my bonnet just about under water :oops:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Postby fridgie on Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:13 pm

A trip to LCMP had turned slightly sour after I dropped onto a rock and dented the passenger sill, so many thoughts went into protection and a lift. Trying to find any kind of cash in my world is pretty difficult and I didnt know when I would be able to give Daisy the protection she deserved. I thought I would never be able to get any further through the list untill the Taxman came to my rescue :D 8-)

He enabled me to provide Daisy with some upgraded bash plates courtesy of the wonderful Baysie. I decided at this stage that colour is becoming something I am interested in with my modifications and painted them blue to see how they would look. I reckon they came up a treat :ugeek:
P1010202.JPG

Next on the list was a lift. Reading all the comments and seeing how impressed Daryn was with the Ultimate Suspension setup, I decided to get in touch with Brendan and see what he recommended. The 2" lift with comfort springs were chosen as I dont have any major mods (barwork) and still wanted a nice ride. The fitting of this was done at RFM4X4 in Wooloongabba and I will drive her off a cliff before I take her back there!! :evil: (there is a bit of a rant in the talk sh*t thread about this) They were meant to fit a snorkel for me at the same time but that didnt happen, was stuffed around for a couple of days and had my Triton returned to me with about 6 or 7 small scratches on the paintwork, slightly rounded nuts for the new suspension and a relieved feeling that they didnt fit the snorkel. But back on topic.... The new suspension feels absolutely fantastic!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: She rides and corners soooo much better I cant wait to take her out for a test off the black stuff :D

Being that I didnt want the mongrels to touch my truck again, I decided to just buy the snorkel and with the guidance of 'Dad' got it fitted myself and feel so much better for the experience. Will do a proper writeup for this when I get the time. We took a few pics as I'm not sure if anyone has done a writeup for the safari yet.

Here she is with the lift and snorkel fitted
P1010242.JPG

The only other thing I have done so far is a rear recovery hitch, jealous much fellas??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
P1010241.JPG

So this is where Daisy is up to at this stage, I am waiting for the sliders to be completed (hopefully in time for the Qld/NSW meet) and will add pics once they have arrived. I went for the kicked up style with both the checkerplate top and the bottom plate from Rockslider and reckon Daisy will be looking pretty darn sweet once they are on :mrgreen: :ugeek: :ugeek:

Was going to do a writeup of the snorkel installation, and still will (at some point ) but just haven't had the motivation or the energy of late. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words so here is a link to the pics of the install. Hopefully I can find the time this weekend to do a proper write up on it.

http://s812.photobucket.com/albums/zz42/fridgie/Snorkel%20Install/
Last edited by fridgie on Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Postby al coholic on Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:20 pm

Very noice bro :D Looking good. Cant wait to see the sliders on there 8-)

Do any of those mods make it do circle work now though????
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Postby daryn on Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:23 pm

It's looking real good Fridgie, not sure about the Miss Daisy bit :D , but I suppose every forum needs a daisy, you just need to get one of those vw beetle daisies for the dash now.

Good right up, I am glad the suspension has turned out well for you ;)
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby Quinny on Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:37 pm

"Driving Miss Daisy" ... Good write up fridge boy ! - the ute is looking good - Keep it coming mate ;)
Never argue with an idiot ... they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ...
Quinny
Platinum Subscriber

Postby daryn on Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:46 pm

Serious Fridgie, good write up but just wanted to suggest some other possible additions:

Click to view larger picture

daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby fridgie on Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:54 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Soooo, how much do you want for it al Daryn?? I know it must be hard for you to part with them, they mean so much to you but am willing if the price is right!! ;) ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Postby Joe on Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:54 pm

Looking good fridgie :mrgreen:
Dad
----
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
Joe

Postby fridgie on Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:57 pm

Thanks heaps for your help today Dad, will make sure there is something in the bag for you on the NSW trip ;)

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Postby Joe on Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:58 pm

fridgie wrote:Thanks heaps for your help today Dad, will make sure there is something in the bag for you on the NSW trip ;)

Ahh shucks :oops: :oops: . I'm just glad to help a fellow Tritoner :mrgreen: . Was my pleasure mate.
Dad
----
Joe

Postby Steane on Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:01 pm

Nice work fridgie. Shame about the retards who fitted your suspension, seems they are lurking around every corner when a bloke wants something done on his truck. Lucky they stopped before fitting the snorkel.

Good thing Joe is around...but that's what Dads are for I guess :lol:
Steane
Platinum Subscriber

Postby QueenslandeR on Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:07 pm

Very nice fridge, just need to keep at the missus for that sahara bar
QueenslandeR

Postby chick_magnet_0001 on Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:15 pm

cute little write up fridgie 8-) can't wait to see miss daisy in the flesh now, with her raised skirt and hardcore protection :) :)
COME ON FULL NOISE!!!!
Recovered:
Jop at scenic rim
Homer at janowen Hills
Homer at janowen Hills (3mins later)
Recovered
by fridgie 4wd Training Day... "shakes head" i woulda made it
chick_magnet_0001

Postby salt36 on Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:31 pm

Looking good Fridgie :D Good write up mate well done 8-)
salt36
Valued Contributor

Postby jimmy on Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:17 pm

awesome stuff fridgie, she is lookin great. daryn has some top ideas there too and after all customisation is the key
after Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF
jimmy

Postby Diablo on Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:54 pm

nice work fridgie. your issues with your suspension is precisly why i have trust issues with mine, and end up trying to do most things myself. :D
Recoveries.......
Recovered.
1. Fridgie x lost count (in the 20s I recon)
2. Kyle x 1 (Coomera)
3. Joe x 1 (Coomera)
4. Perko (LCMP)

Recovered by.
1. Joe @ City View
2. Fridgie x Lost count (in the teens)
3. Joe @ Coomera

4. Bounce23 @ GH
Diablo

Postby Cowboy Dave on Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:28 pm

I thought blue was a boys' colour? Oh well whatever floats your boat I guess. Keen to compare notes on the snorkel install on the trip, contemplating that a little myself now. Come to think of it this trip could end up being even more expensive than this forum in terms of the stuff I'll want when I come back.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby Homer on Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:55 am

Cowboy Dave wrote:I thought blue was a boys' colour? Oh well whatever floats your boat I guess. Keen to compare notes on the snorkel install on the trip, contemplating that a little myself now. Come to think of it this trip could end up being even more expensive than this forum in terms of the stuff I'll want when I come back.

Take it with you CD...Joe/Dad will fit it up mate ;)

Daisy's lookin' mighty purty there fridgie ;) It will be a completely different vehicle from 2 weeks or so ago the next time I see it :D big transformation in a short time!
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby Joe on Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:57 am

Sounds like a good game Homer. Pin the snorkel on the Triton :lol:
Dad
----
Joe

Miss Daisy's Development

Postby Cowboy Dave on Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:30 am

Top idea, do you think maybe we could start, um, before the beers and stuff... :lol:

Cowboy Dave

Postby Diablo on Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:41 am

all depends on whos triton your "pinning" it on and what your using as the pin :lol: :lol: :lol:
Recoveries.......
Recovered.
1. Fridgie x lost count (in the 20s I recon)
2. Kyle x 1 (Coomera)
3. Joe x 1 (Coomera)
4. Perko (LCMP)

Recovered by.
1. Joe @ City View
2. Fridgie x Lost count (in the teens)
3. Joe @ Coomera

4. Bounce23 @ GH
Diablo

Miss Daisy's Development

Postby Cowboy Dave on Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:42 am

Hmm yes a drill with a hole saw could go very wrong very quickly

Cowboy Dave

Postby chick_magnet_0001 on Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:15 pm

nah its just this forums anwser to the shit aircon i mean we fixed the egr thing , the suspension, the armrest why not just drill 50mm holes all over the car and call them ventalation holes :geek:
COME ON FULL NOISE!!!!
Recovered:
Jop at scenic rim
Homer at janowen Hills
Homer at janowen Hills (3mins later)
Recovered
by fridgie 4wd Training Day... "shakes head" i woulda made it
chick_magnet_0001

Postby fridgie on Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:39 pm

EDIT: Have placed link in the 3rd post to pics of the snorkel install. Was very interesting with the holesaw on the front guard as pics will reveal. :shock: Could have been a drama but all ended well 8-)

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Next

Return to Member Build Ups