Alientech tunes

Alientech tunes

Postby Maxiy on Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:23 am

HI Guys dragging up an old thread.

I rang a local tuner yesterday to get a quote for an ECUTEK tune, and he also quoted me for an ALIENTECH tune which was about $500 cheaper.

I have never heard of ALIENTECH, briefly have seen it mentioned above.

anyone had any experiance with it ? and how does it compare to ECUTEK
Maxiy

Re: Alientech tunes

Postby gartam on Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:07 am

Alientech are the people who make the Kess v2 and ECM tuning software. This is what I use when I am doing the tunes. You can also use WINOLS and Swiftec.
gartam

Postby L200Shogun on Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:52 pm

If you need future retunes then Ecutek is only tuning cost. Some of the other software you have to rebuy the "licence"
L200Shogun

Postby Maxiy on Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:47 am

L200Shogun wrote:If you need future retunes then Ecutek is only tuning cost. Some of the other software you have to rebuy the "licence"

Hi Shogun

Interesting, when i talked to mt local tuning shop, they said that it was the other way around. if i was to get an update or re-install i would possibly need to re-buy the licence for ECTEK, where as the alientech i would just pay the time taken to re-load, as they deal with it in-house (for ECUTEK they are a partner shop to MRT in sydney, do the tuning in house, but get the licence and stuff from MRT)

At this stage i'm leaning towards the Alientech, mainly because of the price, as i would be able to get a new exhaust and the tune for the same price as the ECUTEK by itself
Maxiy

Postby L200Shogun on Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:11 pm

https://www.facebook.com/RacingPerforma ... 3096096894

I forget what the other software they use is. I had the choice of either for the same price.

Why Ecutek? Whilst like many businesses we have access to other tuning services with factory ECU Remapping, we chose Ecutek for these vehicles because of the live data logging, and the ability to be able to remap the vehicle in the future without incurring full tuning costs every time.

With other tuning services, you have to pay the full cost of tuning every time. With Ecutek, once you pay the initial licence fee, remapping anytime there after should you make further changes will cost in the vicinity of $450.00 only. Makes much more sense as a long term tuning tool for most customers.
L200Shogun

Postby Maxiy on Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:32 am

L200Shogun wrote:https://www.facebook.com/RacingPerformanceWorks/posts/4639293096096894

I forget what the other software they use is. I had the choice of either for the same price.

Why Ecutek? Whilst like many businesses we have access to other tuning services with factory ECU Remapping, we chose Ecutek for these vehicles because of the live data logging, and the ability to be able to remap the vehicle in the future without incurring full tuning costs every time.

With other tuning services, you have to pay the full cost of tuning every time. With Ecutek, once you pay the initial licence fee, remapping anytime there after should you make further changes will cost in the vicinity of $450.00 only. Makes much more sense as a long term tuning tool for most customers.

Huh very interesting, i will have to question the tuning garage on this, perhaps they got it the wrong way round when i spoke with them. Thanks Shogun

Tax return was not the usual, so this may have to go on the back burner for a while.
Maxiy

Return to Electrical