Cold start issue

Anything Triton related

Cold start issue

Postby MrJack on Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:15 pm

My mn takes a few goes to start when really cold, 0 degrees mornings,half kicks then doesn’t start, eventually starts and rus rough for a few seconds then fine,starts fine all day. I have replaced glow plugs and tested the system and it works fine, new battery as well, newSCV, has a Munji egr lead put on in summer wondering if that’s causing an issue? It’s just shy of 300 k and never had injectors either And is also due for a tapper adjustment, I’m at a bit of a loss now. Sorry if this has been covered, I did use the search and got the usual answers which I’ve already covered
MrJack

Re: Cold start issue

Postby DibbyDibbyDJ on Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:08 pm

Are the glow plugs drawing current? Does it smoke when it starts from cold?

Tight tappets could be a cause of this, but to be honest you would need a compression check to confirm this. And probably easier just to get tappets checked.

Have you tried pumping up the fuel primer before starting?
2024 Outlander

mitsubishi-forums.com
DibbyDibbyDJ

Postby MrJack on Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:51 pm

DibbyDibbyDJ wrote:Are the glow plugs drawing current? Does it smoke when it starts from cold?

Tight tappets could be a cause of this, but to be honest you would need a compression check to confirm this. And probably easier just to get tappets checked.

Have you tried pumping up the fuel primer before starting?
Thanks Dibby, yep glow system is working, tested powers up then drops when you hear that click, I replaced the glow plugs anyway but when I tested them individually only one was faulty. Tried the priming the pump trick as well,no difference, I am leaning towards the tappers myself or possible injector issue. It’s due for timing belt now and tappet adjustment and I’m considering putting injectors in as well. It’s done 300000 km trouble free and still pulls like a train and uses no oil, thanks for the reply Some smoke on start up
Last edited by MrJack on Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrJack

Postby MrJack on Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:52 pm

Possible injector issue it should read, damn predictive text
MrJack

Return to General Discussion