triton / navara / hilux / colarado / bravo...hmmmm

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Re: triton / navara / hilux / colarado / bravo...hmmmm

Postby poondog on Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:59 pm

Gents various,

Thanks for the responses - all invaluable!! Just watched the Australian 4WD Action DVD with this month's mag and it discusses the 4WDer's Ute of the year...where amongst having a farmer, tradie, etc they give some stunning 'eye candy' mum a spot on the test team!! Focus poon focus....anyway, all bar one rated the DMAX as the clear winner....WTFO...another vehicle to consider...unless that is the magazine has Isuzu as a major sponsor!! Anyone driven an DMAX??

Good tip on teh Mazda joker!!

AdamJ - couldn't agree more - have a demo with elec brakes fitted and even if they have 1-2 utes that do the rounds of a major city...book the car and hook up what ever it is you're planning on using to tow so the customer can make a 'real informed decision'!! Crickie I'm sure they pay a hefty price for insurance on the trade plates as it is, so what's another few $k!!
Last edited by poondog on Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
poondog

Postby jop on Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:59 pm

Yeah - navara won the 4wd action test a few years in a row - but look at them now :?

All about advertising dollar.

For my money it's between hilux and triton, winner is obvious on this site 8-)
jop

Postby Choady on Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:21 am

Mate - just get the Triton and you will not be disappointed. With the money you save you can get some new suspension and better tyres (drive from dealer to tyre bloke and you should be able to get $100-150 trade per corner). You will still have fun tokens left over to do plenty of other mods.

And if you really want to be a cool cat - get one in BLACK :twisted: :lol:
Choady

Postby Homer on Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:39 am

Hey mate wondering how you got Poondog?

We call our apprentices Poons...cause I swear the little bastards are all crosses between a poofter and a....

No offence meant....just the only other time I've heard it.

Plus gives some ammo to us on here if you don't get the Triton ;)
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby tritondan on Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:49 am

Just joined as im looking for vehicle replacement.

i might well have written the opening post as that is the EXACT same situation i am in
i bought a van 1620kg + all the gear and now need a replacement vehicle to tow. And thats right - the wife hates the current patrol.

I currenlty have a 91 GQ pet/lpg SWB that towed the van home over 1700km. it did the job ok but used HEAPS of fuel and for the family is going to be too small.

had a look - no drive yet - the other day and got a half approval from SHMBO. in the end i saud it would be my car and you would hardly ever drive it, so i might get what i want., After the frown, logic appeared and agreed. So it would be TD manual.

looking forward to the result and how it tows your van.
its a brand new day - its a brand new life
tritondan

Postby 85HiluxSR5 on Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:13 pm

i would get my arse into gear if your after a new triton as their rolling out the new 2.5lt deisel next month superseeding the 3.2lt... or you could chill for a few months and maybe buy mine as i might be buying the new club cab if they release it....
85HiluxSR5

Postby tritonmick on Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:20 pm

Don't know if I am too late to be of help. I have the Td GLX-R and my van weighs 1850kg and in and 18 footer, I had the petrol SR 5 before and I am wrapped in the triton. It pulls the van with ease and is much smaller than the toyota so it makes parking the van in small sites a lot easier. Good Luck
tritonmick

Postby tritondan on Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:14 am

i visted two dealers yesterday and there was not a glxr dual cab insite. so not only could i check one out properly, i couldnt even test drive one.

he did inform me there was a ship on the way with more and continued his speil about the new modela nd admitted Mitsu have kept many of the details close and he didnt know much. only it was longer and engine was 2.5l.

so - is there anyone on the sunny coast that wants a few beers and can spare an hour for me and the mrs to have a decent look and spare a couple lites of fuel for a drive. ?????

really keen to drive one so i can rule it out or order one.
(im probably on the side of ordering one) brother in law just orderd a hilux and paid little over $50k with no accessories. Ouch

dan
its a brand new day - its a brand new life
tritondan

Postby 85HiluxSR5 on Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:31 am

plenty available here in qld 2008 & 2009

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/res ... A79&Nne=15
85HiluxSR5

Previous

Return to Introductions