New Triton Owner - At Last

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

New Triton Owner - At Last

Postby al coholic on Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:16 pm

Gday everyone,
Just thought I would introduce myself after seeing this place mentioned a few times over on 4wd action, my name is Ben and i have been lurking here for a few weeks gathering up all the great ideas and accessories for the new truck, while I patiently await her arrival. It is spot on 2 months since I paid the deposit, the dealer has been in recievership, the sales manager was a lying son of b**** and no longer works there, it has not been a good buying experience at all. I pick the ute up tommorrow morning, so the whole mess is finally over. One of the reasons i signed for a Triton (apart from the great vehicle) was the easy to deal with people at mitsubishi, (that obviously was short lived) all the other dealers, Mazda, Ford, Toyota were tools and were not interested in talking price until I was signing a contract. I know when I drive out of the yard, it will be all forgotten and I will be in love with the new rig.

I went for the GLX dual cab, with alloy tray, because it is my work vehicle thru the week, i need more room than a tub back and like the easy to clean vinyl floors. It is black (another for team black isnt it) It is an auto (another dealer stuff up) which doesnt bother me all that much, at least the mrs can drive it, i did order the factory diff lock but you guessed it (dealer stuff up).

I will be getting a steel bar, side rails and steps, snorkle, flares and spotties fitted in a few weeks by TJM, and am looking at a set of wheels and decent rubber atm. So i will post up some pics after this is done, as everyone knows what a stock Triton looks like.
Cheers guys, hope to get alot more use out of this wonderful site.

BTW- Why are there so many hilux user names and avatars on here, are they just looking at what they are missing out on??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Re: New Triton Owner - At Last

Postby MR T on Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:23 pm

welcome to the MIB have fun on the site ;)
a smile is a sign of joy, a hug is a sign of love, a laugh is a sign of happiness and a friend like me...well...that's a sign of good taste.
MR T

Postby daryn on Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:01 pm

al coholic wrote:BTW- Why are there so many hilux user names and avatars on here, are they just looking at what they are missing out on??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is called grieving, give them time.

Welcome to the site to :)
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby tritionspecn on Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:10 pm

Hey Al,
How ya Going? Well thats great news, I hope it work out nice and easy tomorrow. I am also waiting for a GLX too, but mine was a bit of an easier transaction! I am in a 2wd did Auto too, would be good to get some feed back from ya. I have been told that the auto is a bit of a treat, but I haven't really asked on here, maybe someone can vouch???
welcome and have fun tommorow and good luck with the sleepless night, dare say you will be up nice and early!!!! :lol:
tritionspecn

Postby al coholic on Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:05 pm

tritionspecn wrote: I am in a 2wd did Auto too, would be good to get some feed back from ya. I have been told that the auto is a bit of a treat, but I haven't really asked on here, maybe someone can vouch???

Mate, mine is 4x4, but after driving it today, i found the auto is fantastic. It is so smooth and the 3.2 engine is unbelievable aswell. Very happy :D :D :D

I actually wasnt that excited overnight, just wanted to get it all over with. The dealer was true to form, they have forgotten to pick my personised plates from the RTA which i had put on hold especially for them to pick up. :evil:

Anyway, i have it now, thats all that counts. The dealer has given me my first service free, and all servicing at fleet rate and an extended warranty to try and compensate for thier stuff ups. Thats something i spose.

Cheers Ben -
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Postby tritionspecn on Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:33 pm

Well thats great then! I am glad for ya, I know what its like when you buy something and it take forever to settle. :)

Sorry didn't realise you had the 4wd varient, better still. So your very happy with the box?? So not a such a bad stuff up after all??? I guess they both have their pro's and con's, mans v auto's. I was after a man too but my dealer convinced me to go auto box for the stuff I was going to do.

Ok then, enjoy the car, look forward to some of your feed back, dont know when mines arriving, was told mid august but if ya look at the new rumour thread, explains a bit more! :roll:

Cheers Nuri
tritionspecn

Postby al coholic on Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:51 pm

Tex wrote: Looks like you've got good taste :D

Cheers Tex, I must have good taste if I drink bundy and drive a triton hey. Im not really an alcoholic, im still in training :lol: :lol: BTW, I live in the Blue Mountains west of sydney mate, i did add that in my profile the other day but must not have saved it or something, oh well.

Spent all of sunday cutting and altering all the bits that were done inncorect on my new alloy tray, they had way too much overhang on the rear and the towbar was tucked about 500mm underneath the tray, almost impossible to get to, so i have shortened the tray to make it better, they had the rollbar/headboard about 150mm higher than the roof of the cab and looked ridiculous, the fuel filler was held on with one screw and stuck out a mile past the back of the cab. It was so annoying after all the crap from the car dealer, for the tray guys to fix it, means i would be without the truck for a day or two, so decided it was easier to do myself. The mrs was not keen about me hacking into a 1 day old car, but she has admitted it looks heaps better now.

My 3yo old son is stoked with it and calls it daddy's big truck, (he should wait till the lift goes in :D ) and drags everyone out to take look at it.
al coholic

Postby Wallace on Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:05 pm

Welcome and congrats on the new Tri. :D :D BTW love the avator.....more than a few headaches in that bottle :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: or a sh*te load of mates 8-) 8-)
The loneless road is the one you walk alone
Support Beyondblue
You never know when you will need the help.
Wallace

Postby Adz on Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:57 am

G'day Ben, welcome to the forum mate...you're not too far from canberra, so you're more than welcome to come along on our Newtriton.Net Brindies Trip - See >>HERE<<
Enjoy the forum mate & congrats on the new truck! ;)
You can sit there complaining, or you can knit me some seat belts.
Adz

Postby al coholic on Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:13 pm

Thanx for the invite adz, unfortunately I think my wife and I have our ten year school reunion that weekend, and she is pretty keen to go, I know what I would rather do tho, it would be sweet to meet some of the guys from here. It is not definate as yet, and may even be the following weekend, so if things change I will make every effort to be there mate, will keep an eye on the trip thread. Cheers Ben. :)
al coholic

Postby Adz on Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:27 am

No problems at all Ben, happy to extend the invite to anyone who is keen & available for the trip. It will be an absolute cracker of a weekend.
Do your best to get out of the reunion, but should you fail the mission, there will always be other trips, you can count on it! ;) :lol: Again, welcome & enjoy your stay on the forum mate!
You can sit there complaining, or you can knit me some seat belts.
Adz

Return to Introductions