must have triton upgrades

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

must have triton upgrades

Postby keith and coral on Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:01 pm

All things going well with a mechanical inspection, I have just purchased a triton.

It is a 2007 3.2L turbo diesel GLS with 75000km. There are currently no modifications to the car. It does have the factory option rear diff lock.

Most of the 4wding I intend to do is beach work, and maybe the occassioanl trip to land cruiser mountain park.

Just wondering what you all think are the most important upgrades for the triton are.

Money is a bit of an issue, so as much as I would like to I cant go crazy with upgrades.

A lot of people have recommended to me to add snorkel and change the suspension? Does this sound about right?

thanks
keith and coral

Re: must have triton upgrades

Postby Buzzy on Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:04 pm

Tyres / suspension & then snorkel
Welcome to the site
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby boostedbmw on Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:26 pm

I agree with Buzzy but if you leave your truck at factory height for now i would DEFINATLY get under body protection ASAP
It's easier to get forgivness than permission.
boostedbmw

Postby rick on Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:28 pm

hi keith n coral,nice choice of motor ;) , if you dont mind me asking what was she in the end :?:
i think im a lesbian trapped in a mans body!!!
rick

Postby daryn on Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:42 pm

Hi Keith & Coral,

Welcome.

1. Suspension
2. Tyres
3. Snorkle & Air Filter (eg Uni)

There a heaps more but there is the top 3, just like Buzzy says.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby al coholic on Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:11 pm

Hi and welcome to the site, only new here myself. There is a heap of good reading of past threads that should have you up to speed on the triton in no time.
I would do as the guys mentioned above and add tyres/suspension first and then a snorkle. Anything after that is personal preference and if unsure or on a tight budget, just see how things go as you use the truck and add the bits and pieces as time goes on. Cheers Ben.
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Postby Stu on Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:08 pm

barwork
tyres
snorkel
battery
look at what you want. a weekend tourer/ a day tripper/ a month away from home/shopping trolley?
a heat exchanger
an air tank
a winch
fit everything you want & then look at suspension to cater for the load
If god didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of food
Stu

Postby snowman on Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:48 am

if you intend to 4wd with friends in a convoy type procedure..consider a UHF radio. it makes comms much easier.

You gotta copy Rubber Duck?...........Arizona noon on the 7th of June when they highballed over the pass, bulldog mack with a can on the back, jaguar hauling ass......... :lol: :lol: :lol:
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Blue on Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:26 am

Jeebus snowman, you're going a ways back there - think I was about 10 when I saw that movie but it's always stuck with me...

Edit for posterity... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1t6zQsjzYE
Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt or fish.
Blue
Platinum Subscriber

Postby keith and coral on Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:33 pm

Thanks for all the advice.

Mechanical inspection came back and nothing bad to report, the worst of it was probably the power steering and brake fluid was over filled!!!

Spoke to my brother who has bought a lot of gear from his local ARB dealer for his patrol. Looks like the guys there are gonna hook me up with some good, discounted gear.

They are gonna sell me a set of 4 eld man emu shocks only off of there demo car for $200. The shocks have about 12000k's on them - and 90% of that has been bitumen driving.

They are also gonna do a deal on a snorkel and ERPS system for me. Like you all said I'll work out the rest along the way.

Rick - in the end with a trade I got the triton for 33000
keith and coral

Postby blue vr on Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:22 pm

i want to lift my 08 vr about 4 inch anyone done it, how high are people going, am i mad (i know i will loose wheel travel)
blue vr

Postby Wallace on Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:26 pm

Sell,sell ,sell it now before you become hooked... :lol: :lol: Congrats on the new vehicle :D Thye mods are endless and the dollars are easely consumed. No need to run amuck in the first instance. Do what you think as the owner is practical and to your needs and the rest will follow. Enjoy the new truck and welcome to the site 8-)
The loneless road is the one you walk alone
Support Beyondblue
You never know when you will need the help.
Wallace

Postby boycee on Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:38 pm

hi and welcome to the site. :D Before you think of mods to the car, the most important thing to me is recovery gear, and a compressor. think of them as a cheap insurance policy. :lol:

If you get some 265/75/16 tyres you will get a lift without the problems alot of the guy's are battling with. Shudders etc.

A canopy is also a great investment so you can get things in the back with no problems. 8-)

But the number 1 piece of gear for you new truck has to be a beer fridge. Without this in my experience, you will not survive any 4x4 trip. :lol:
www.4wdsupplies.com.au
boycee
Platinum Subscriber

Return to Introductions