Noob

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Noob

Postby blurter on Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:21 pm

Hi guys, I've been lurking around for a while (this sites got tons of information) and thought I'd better say hello. Currently living in central Queensland (jeez I wish it would rain!) with the wife and the first rug rat to come out next month :shock:. I've got one of the early ML DID GLXR's, took delivery in Dec '06, and have had nealy all the problems that everyone else has had :x , hesitation, hanging idle, blocked sensor tube on the intake and steering colum knock . I've had the reflash and new upper intake manifold installed which seems to have fixed things with the motor and have recently blocked the EGR off (thanks again Alex) with good results, more power being the most noticeable, however it does sound noisier when cruising at 100kph. Any way I'll leave it blocked and see what happens, take it easy everyone.
Cheers
blurter

Re: Noob

Postby Homer on Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:48 pm

Welcome blurter. Good testing ground for vehicles where you are.
Had a brother in law born and bred at Blackall that swore land cruisers were the only cars that lasted the pounding out there - but they used them hard - he would A frame 3 together and drive through water half way up the windscreen....towed another in laws hire commodore behind them during one lot of floods to get them out :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great country out there.....really miss it
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby blurter on Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:04 pm

Thanks for the welcome Homer, I'm actually not that far inland, only about 2 and 1/2 hours from the coast in the middle of black gold I mean coal country :)
blurter

Postby Mongo on Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:27 pm

Hey blurter welcome mate enjoy becoming a Dad for the first time :D I become a first time Dad 8 months ago and it is absolutely awesome Im havin a ball with our beautiful little baby Girl. :D :D If I can offer any advise, stay off those weekend booze ups with the lads for a while cause the newborn screams just don't seem to sooth a hangover that well. :( oh yeh and if you get the chance to deliver bub "Do It" no other experience comes close. :shock:
Mongo

Postby Homer on Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:39 am

Surat or Bowen basin?
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby 4wd26 on Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:09 am

Black nugget or the Jolly Collier.

I spent 5 years in the coal fields (Moranbah)

Welcome, both my little ones were born when we were out that way.
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

Postby blurter on Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:42 pm

Sorry guys I've been a bit busy, my beautiful daughter decided to come three weeks early, mum and bub are doing well and we're all back home now settling in and trying to establish a routine. Mongo, I did'nt get to deliver her but I did cut the cord which was great. Now I think shes the most beautiful girl in the whole world but then, I could be a bit biased :D. Homer and 4wd26, were at Moranbah (Bowen Basin) been here 5 years now, we said we'd only stay 4 but thats what every one here says, besides it's a good little town and we like it. Thanks again for your welcome guys.
Cheers
blurter

Postby Homer on Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:56 pm

Congrats on the newby, Noob :D

Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby Mongo on Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:17 pm

Congrats Mate and all the best to the family. :D
p.s sleep when you can ;)
Mongo

Postby al coholic on Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:23 pm

Congrats on the bub mate. Good to hear everything went well. Being a dad is just awesome, enjoy it. Cheers Ben. :D
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Postby Dylan 191 on Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:37 am

congrats on the newest addition to the family mate , yes sleep when u can cause they tend to be awake at night hahaha , welcome to the site and enjoy
Marge bring me your address book ,4 beers and my conversation hat !!
Dylan 191

Postby nicktinalilly on Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:42 pm

Hey Buddy,

Congrats on the little one, I've got two girls, Lilly whose almost 3 and Allison whose 1yr in a couple of weeks.

An absolute ball mucking around with them and they both love 4wd'ing, meaing it puts them asleep!

Some great times ahead of you, congrats again.

Nick
nicktinalilly

Return to Introductions