My MN GLX-R is on Order

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

My MN GLX-R is on Order

Postby gamblor on Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:16 am

Hi all!
I have ordered an deposited on a 2010 MN GLX-R with the rear diff lock. I was able to get a clause in where i can walk away from the deal (with deposit) if i don't like the MN in person after I get to try it out, but I doubt i'll have a problem. So can i be a member :?:

In case anyone is interested the take home price for the 2010 MN is the current 2009 GLX-R ML model "new" price (+ the ABN discount) which should be in place till 2010 when they expect "It might go up in price" which sounded like sales spin to get me to buy now :lol: But it does look like MMA are having problems supplying all the potential triton customers so there might be some chance of truth to it. I did over hear there is a limited shipment for 2009 which is that OCT-NOV release date after that people will be waiting for Feb to see more (Dealers words again, to be taken with a grain of salt).

So now I'm left here to fight off my insanity of waiting for my ute to get here from Thialand some time in November( this was the earliest delivery time for my option and colour choice).

G'day from Bris any how!
Last edited by gamblor on Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gamblor

Re: My MN GLX-R in on Order

Postby sam on Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:22 am

Welcome gamblor and you should be more than happy with the new Tri ;)
Are you getting manual or auto :?: and you are correct about taking anything dealers say but it should be with a large lump of salt :lol:
sam

Postby Homer on Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:40 am

Welcome mate. So the new model pricing is similar to the ML. I'll have to read up on the differences in the designations now GL-R, GLX-R etc. as I don't know the specs that well.
Cheers.
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby subi_man on Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:21 am

Congrat - I'm looking forward to some reviews from new owners when these puppies start being delivered 8-)
Andrew

Never judge a man by the size of his shed, but by how many toys he has IN that shed
subi_man
Valued Contributor

Postby waveriders on Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:26 pm

Congratualtions on the purchase. I know how frustrating the wait can be having waited 3 months for my ML.
waveriders

Postby Bammo on Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:27 pm

Gamblor -

Could you be specific for us on what price you paid and what extras (and gearbox) were included?

This would be really helpful for those of us dealing with &^%$ing wanker stealers here in Perth who won't give a price!
Bammo

Postby gamblor on Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:36 pm

Homer wrote:Welcome mate. So the new model pricing is similar to the ML. I'll have to read up on the differences in the designations now GL-R, GLX-R etc. as I don't know the specs that well.
Cheers.

I assume the GL-R MN price = VR ML price the dealer was saying that MMA don't have offical prices as of yet but they sure as hell want to sell cars so i guess for now they are just doing some creative matching.

Sam wrote:Welcome gamblor and you should be more than happy with the new Tri ;)
Are you getting manual or auto :?: and you are correct about taking anything dealers say but it should be with a large lump of salt :lol:

Oh I'm excited for this triton and I'm very confident i'll love it :D I was a little catious making the deal though, simply because I was buying a car I haven't even seen in the flesh hence, my condition to test drive on the contract to me was a must.
I chose the Manual because I like driving them and the extra tourque was also welcome. I did think twice about my descision though when the dealer said *take yet some more salt* that the MN auto would have the "same tiptonic style transmission as the pajero". As you can imagine this sounded pretty sweet to me :o

BTW almost forgot.. I got the new colour Ironbark I saw it on the Paj and thought it would look great next to the chrome of the triton nudge and sport bars. I pretty sure I'm the only one who likes it though, my Girlfriend laughed at me for choosing it (chose it any way). But if that wasn't enough the dealer thought it would be fun to join in having a go at me for this colour :? So anyway because its in "Ironbark" i've decided to name it "Banjo" ;)
gamblor

Postby gamblor on Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:46 pm

Bammo wrote:Gamblor -

Could you be specific for us on what price you paid and what extras (and gearbox) were included?

This would be really helpful for those of us dealing with &^%$ing wanker stealers here in Perth who won't give a price!

For the man 47999 just like whats on carsales (configure your on roads+$ ,your ABN -$ and your options+$)
http://www.carsales.com.au/new-cars/results.aspx?tabid=2207633&No=30&Make=Mitsubishi&sid=123527C01A46&Nne=15&N=4294949495+2994+2951+4294843004&Model=Triton&Qpb=true&Ns=p_NewPrice_Decimal|0||p_Make_String|0||p_Family_String|0||p_Badge_String|0||p_Series_String|0

BTW *EDIT* from memory rear diff lock $700, the paint $450 and the entertainment system was like $2500 all prices extra.
My drive away price with on roads, minus ABN plus extras of rear diff lock and paint was like 48888. When i go home i'll check the paper work. I found out that the information started to flow when i showed up with a depoist pinned to my shirt.
Last edited by gamblor on Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gamblor

Re: My MN GLX-R is on Order

Postby revhead on Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:26 pm

This is what is in my contract/invoice

Basic ute GLX-R (manual) - $46,990 (i'm friends with the dealer so.....) not sure on retail price
Towbar - $655.00
Hard Tonnee cover (central locking version) - $2250.00
240XGT's & Uniden UHF kit - $880.00
Black paint - $450.00
Diff lock - $700
Boggard T/Timer - $200

All fitted via dealer, & less ABN discount, 1 thing i was curious about, he told me that on a pre-order you lose some of your ABN discount ? sales spin ?
revhead

Postby chick_magnet_0001 on Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:00 pm

ohhhhhh god :? another triton named something
first Homers' snow flake, now gamblors' banjo
you felllas make me laugh sometimes :lol:
anyone else gotta great triton name they whisper hello to every morning they start er up
COME ON FULL NOISE!!!!
Recovered:
Jop at scenic rim
Homer at janowen Hills
Homer at janowen Hills (3mins later)
Recovered
by fridgie 4wd Training Day... "shakes head" i woulda made it
chick_magnet_0001

Postby daryn on Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:29 pm

chick_magnet_0001 wrote:ohhhhhh god :? another triton named something
first Homers' snow flake, now gamblors' banjo
you felllas make me laugh sometimes :lol:
anyone else gotta great triton name they whisper hello to every morning they start er up

Well I laughed when I seen your username come up as "newest member", we have everything covered here at the NewTriton site, first there was Chick Magnet, every site needs a chick magnet, then come diesel dog, just what we need to get the beers from the fridge, a diesel dog :), and then last night mud_slut joins up, what else do we need when it gets dirty, a mud_slut :lol:

I can just picture it now, Chick Magnet in the drivers seat, Diesel Dog hanging out the back in the tray with his tongue hanging out and Mud_slut pushing the truck out of the bog because she is in love with the Chick Magnet, love it :lol:

---------
end of hijack, sorry :)
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby Homer on Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:44 am

I wanna see Camel Toe.....did I say that out loud?
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby daryn on Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:22 pm

Homer wrote:I wanna see Camel Toe.....did I say that out loud?

:lol:
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby jop on Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:59 pm

Wait till blue gets a hold of this new Banjo :o
jop

Return to Introductions