New member saying hi!

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

New member saying hi!

Postby dayzaway on Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:16 pm

Hi guys. Another owner to be here and looking forward to it!

I have ordered a dark blue MN GLX-R, manual, diff lock, delivery hopefully in the first shipment of GLX-R's to arrive.

Unfortunately neither the dealer or myself knew about the multimedia communication system option, so that's $2500 i've managed not to spend.
Speaking of which, does anyone have any experience with the system, good/bad? I presume it's the same as the one offered in the Pajero?

I'm pretty happy with the deal I negotiated, but at the time very little was known about the MN so almost everything was based off the ML.
The dealer fitted options/extras I have included are:
Towbar
Neoprene seat covers front and rear
Window tint
Electronic rust protection
Mickey Thompson ATZ 4-Rib 265x70x17
Tub hard cover
Dust seal kit

Planing on speedliner for the tray and a canopy as soon as there are a few available to compare.
Also 12v to the tray, weather shields, reverse lights & spot/drive lights are things i'd like to add over the first few months.

My use for the triton is more recreation and lifestyle orientated than work related.
Have a boat, 2 dogs and the missus who all love to get away camping so looking forward to the maiden trip.

Great ideas and heaps of info floating around this site so a big thanks to all who contribute!
dayzaway

Re: New member saying hi!

Postby Homer on Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:13 pm

Welcome mate, where are you located?

I'm sure you'll be hanging out by the time it arrives.

If it is at all possible, it might be worth getting your money back on the tow bar and buy an ARB or something. The Mits bar is too low and hits all the time when off road (I have one). Ripped the trailer plug off first trip.

Not sure how far under they will sit with the new series longer tray too.

Then again, the after market guys may not have anything available for the MN yet - if it is different from the ML that is.
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby Mongo on Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:44 pm

Welcome to Newtriton mate your new rig sounds nice I look forward to seeing the new Mn series very interested to see how they look and go, keep us posted on how it goes make sure you do up a shed profile its cool checking out other set ups. Its a great truck for the dog especially with a canopy makes the back more user friendly. Did you get deisel or unleaded :?: The Neoprene seat covers are great, a bit pricey but worth it, sorry dont know anything about that sound system but if it performs better than the Ml than it will be one Hell of a sound system. I agree with Homer if you can change to aftermarket tow pack you will be better off, also if its not to late research the spray on Rhino liner for the tub especially if you intend to get a canopy.
Have Fun Smokn the lux's. :lol:
Mongo

Postby dayzaway on Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:53 am

Thanks Homer, Mongo.
I'm in Perth (I've updated my profile to show that now).

Thanks for the heads up regarding the tow bar. I'd read about the ML one being a bit low & figured if its still too low on the MN I'd get an ARB or TJM bar later on. Can sort of justify it to the missus then that its a necessity ;)

Mongo, I have the deisel coming. I think mitsubishi has dropped the V6 petrol altogether and now the only petrol engine is the 2.4 in the GL and GLX.

Looking forward to getting a shed profile up and running, just need the center piece before I can start 8-)
dayzaway

Postby boycee on Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:48 am

welcome dayzaway,

Hope you don't get the blue one I've seen. :?

Your safe. the one I saw was the glx and is getting wrecked. :o

look forward to seeing some photos and reading the reports on the engine etc. 8-)
www.4wdsupplies.com.au
boycee
Platinum Subscriber

Postby dayzaway on Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:16 pm

Its at the dealership, in the showroom with a SOLD sticker on the window :D
Hopefully will be ready by the end of the week 8-)
dayzaway

Postby Stu on Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:55 pm

welcome mate
If god didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of food
Stu

Postby dayzaway on Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:09 pm

Thanks Stu.

I am absolutely livid at the moment - just found out they ordered me one without a diff lock!
:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
dayzaway

Postby sam on Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:20 pm

Mate just don't accept it without the diff lock is all I can say :(
sam

Postby dayzaway on Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:43 pm

Yeah you're right Sam, I haven't accepted it.

It turns out they used the incorrect product code when the order was placed.
This has bumped me back to a March delivery date for a dark blue manual with diff lock, or i forgo the dark blue in favour of gunmetal which they are expecting in December.

I'm opting for the gunmetal, can't wait until march for delivery.

All up, not impressed with the lack of customer service and communication from the dealership, especially considering the order was placed in June and is fully paid for. The DP and MMAL will be receiving letters expressing my dissatisfaction that's for sure.
dayzaway

Postby al coholic on Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:52 pm

Mate, sorry to hear of your troubles. Some dealers are the biggest wankers you will ever meet. I went thru all the same crap when i ordered mine, so i know how you feel. Apparently ordering a car from a factory requires a uni degree or something, cause they never get it right.

You could always convince them to install an air locker for you at thier cost. It would only cost Mitsu about an extra 1k on top of the $500- you spent for the factory diff lock. There is no way you should be made to wait until March, or even December, that is absolute bull..........good luck with it, play hard ball with them, dont back down.

BTW, your letter to MMAL will get a response along the lines of "your complaint has been noted, thankyou" they could not care less either.

Eventually, when you do have your new ute, you will be very impressed, they truelly are great trucks, just dont go to the dealer for any help, advice, servicing or parts. :lol: :lol: :lol:
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Postby dayzaway on Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:02 pm

al coholic wrote:Eventually, when you do have your new ute, you will be very impressed, they truelly are great trucks, just dont go to the dealer for any help, advice, servicing or parts. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Heh heh i hear that Al.

Spoke to the dealer today and they finally have a body number and arrival date at the dealership... 29th of December, just sneaking in for their stated December arrival :roll:

Anyway I'm away over Christmas so should be able to pick it up the day i get back, 4th of January.
That will make it more than 6 months from order to delivery, thanks to dealer incompetence.

"Mitsubishi.... Love that car!"
hmmm, think their catch phrase should be "Mitsubishi.... Where's that car?"
dayzaway

Postby al coholic on Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:47 pm

dayzaway wrote: "Mitsubishi.... Love that car!" hmmm, think their catch phrase should be "Mitsubishi.... Where's that car?"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: GOLD
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Postby Silver Streak on Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:30 am

Spoke to the dealer today and they finally have a body number and arrival date at the dealership... 29th of December, just sneaking in for their stated December arrival :roll:

Anyway I'm away over Christmas so should be able to pick it up the day i get back, 4th of January.
That will make it more than 6 months from order to delivery, thanks to dealer incompetence.

"Mitsubishi.... Love that car!"
hmmm, think their catch phrase should be "Mitsubishi.... Where's that car?"[/quote]

That's an unbelievable amount of time, isn't it. I've always wondered, with you or anybody else, with this extended time between ordering and delivery, has the dealer tried to drop, or reduce the dollar value of your trade-in. Because in 6 months you may have a couple of extra dings on the vehicle and another 10,000ks on the clock.

Silver Streak
Silver Streak

Postby dayzaway on Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:28 pm

Not sure Silver as i'm not trading in, going to sell the current car privately.
However, if i was there's no way i would accept a cent less than the original stated value - it was their stuff-up so they should have to wear any loss. My wife works in the industry, financial controller for four dealerships no less (no mitsubishi unfortunately), and although they might cry poor its definitely not the case. None like to take a hit on a sale/trade-in, but if it happens occasionally its not going to effect the owners/DP's hip pocket significantly, i mean you should see the houses and boats these guys have!

Anyway, it took a lot of work (and added a few more gray hairs) but i've managed to get them to include the hard lid at no cost because of the order stuff-up, poor attitude & communication (none) and the long wait for the "correct" car (still not my first choice in colour, but it was between the dark blue and gun metal anyway).
Telling the new car and commercial managers that i was more than happy to explain to MMAL the bullshit I've been through seemed to help i think :lol:
dayzaway

Postby drover on Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:38 pm

Nah shoulda got "White" easy ta clean and cooler in the 40+ deg. :lol: :lol: :lol:
drover

Postby dayzaway on Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:57 pm

Update: took delivery today (finally!)

Looking forward to the easter long weekend, going camping & it'll be the first chance i have to take her off road.

Will get some shed pics up soon.
dayzaway

Return to Introductions