New member from Queensland

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

New member from Queensland

Postby andostriton on Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:40 pm

G'day all, just registered, Just brought myself my second Triton,its predecessor was a 1996 GLX 2.8 Diesel. Always wanted the new ML GLXR T/ Diesel model, this one just came along at the right time at the right price. Came with all the extras, TJM Bullbar,TMax 11000lb winch, IPF 900 series spoties,TJM Airtek snorkel, Cruis Control, Spoties on the roll bar. Have read a few of the posts, I too am having the same trouble as many of you with the vehicle surging under acceloration. 3 times its been back to the dealer, turbo cleaned the first time, new inlet manifold and software upgrade the second, 3rd time was yet another software upgrade. It has to go back in 2 weeks when the final upgrade is installed and have been told this is the final fix for the surging issue. Apart from this " Love that car"
andostriton

Re: New member from Queensland

Postby subi_man on Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:06 pm

Welcome! Disconnecting the battery overnight always cures my surging issues on the rare occasion it starts happening, but yours might be something different. Good luck
Andrew

Never judge a man by the size of his shed, but by how many toys he has IN that shed
subi_man
Valued Contributor

Postby daryn on Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:12 pm

Welcome Ando, nice triton, nice accessories too, sounds like a good score.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby Homer on Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:50 am

And maybe blank your EGR.
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Return to Introductions