I took the leap!

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

I took the leap!

Postby Mccann on Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:42 pm

Hi all,

As most of you would know, it is a hard time picking the right car. And for a first time 4x4 buyer there are a lot of options out there. After a lot of internet searching and financial debate, 3 days ago my Fiance finally found a Cyber Blue (had to be) ML Triton GLX-R run out (at a dealer 100km from home) for $42,985 D'way, bargain? I thought it was, and it was on our short list.

So, today I signed the dotted line. We will be picking it up next Saturday.

Only options we got were Electronic Rust Proofing, and Tint. Had to get tint, uneven window colour is shocking.

Planning on getting a ARB protection/step/tow bar, as I don't like the OEM step very much. If anyone has one from ARB do you like it? is it practical? And Safari Snorkel.
Also will get some underbody rust proofing, spotlights and 2-way after that.

Planning a trip, with the misses parents, to Cape York in 2 years time. So hopefully it will be fully geared up for that by then.

Right now just trying to wait patiently to get it! Only 6D 12h 20min to go.
Wish me luck.

MMc
I always thought why doesn't someone do something about that...........
Than I realised I was that someone.
Mccann

Re: I took the leap!

Postby al coholic on Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:52 pm

Congats on the new truck mate, you wont be dissapointed. I can assure you that it was definately the CORRECT choice in choosing the Triton, but who knows, i may be a bit biased...........
There are a few blokes on here with the ARB rear step, so i'm sure they will let you know how it is. Look foward to that cape york trip.........its on my wishlist in the coming years.

BTW - this week will absoulutely fly by and before you know it you will be driving your new truck home................................. :lol: :lol: :lol: Naaa, just kidding. It will seem like forever. Cheers Ben
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Postby boycee on Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:58 pm

congrats. I hate the dealers when they stuff us around with delivery.etc. Takes forever.

Goodluck with it all.

Where you from. 8-)
www.4wdsupplies.com.au
boycee
Platinum Subscriber

Postby daryn on Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:00 pm

Congrast Mccann.

ARB rear step is a piece of art just like my ARB front bar...well you know what I mean, no other choice. :)
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby tritondan on Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:16 pm

congrats on the purchase

i also have the cyber blue triton and was lucky enough to get the darker alloys that match the wheel arch.
its my second 4wd but first diesel, It wont be long before you start doing the mods. i had a heap done in the first 1000ks of owning (bought demo with 5000km)

best mods for me were DP chip, EGR blank and westgate turbo mod.
after that get our suspensin sorted
BUT each to their own and im sure you will do what suits you and when.

i guess i need to take some pics and start a shed profile.

dont worry - a week is not that bad - i had to wait over 2 ( i survived)
its a brand new day - its a brand new life
tritondan

Postby snowman on Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:22 pm

i've got the rear ARB bar and it is good except for the price.

i have a mate with a prado and his wife trashed one rear corner reversing the trailer and he did the other onto a pole. at $500 a repair he could have paid the difference between a standard tow bar and the ARB by now!!

ARB make very good stuff - it is just a bit pricey. although i would not buy their side rails again as i think there are better slider/step options around now that 12 months ago...

congrats on the new purchase.
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Mccann on Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:23 pm

Thanks for the welcome and info guys.
I have a connection at ARB so I get all the stuff at trade prices :D

There is so much on this site, it is great to have 1 site for 1 type of 4x4. Almost everything you need/want has almost already been spoken of. Now just to find it all.........

Oh by the way, I remember a while ago I herd that it is "code" that all Triton drivers wave to each other on the road? is that right?

MMc
Mccann

Postby daryn on Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:35 pm

Mccann wrote:...I have a connection at ARB so I get all the stuff at trade prices :D

Oh by the way, I remember a while ago I herd that it is "code" that all Triton drivers wave to each other on the road? is that right?

MMc

That is how I got my ARB gear as well, its not what you know but who you know :)

No code in Newcastle, they are all stuck up snobs here.

The WA boys blow kisses... :lol:
The SA boys always shout maccas to one another.
The QLD boys, well, what can I say, sick of seeing them in the bloody bathurst commercials today...lol
The Vic boys are a lonely lot, to far spread out over our biggest state to pass one another :D
The NSW boys like to congregate in ACT, best chance there of getting a wave.

Geez, I talk crap :)
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby al coholic on Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:46 pm

I dont know why all the NON newtriton.net triton owners dont wave, it is clearly written in the owners manual.......everyone should check it, i cant remember what page it was, somewhere in the midddle of the book, towards the back just after the front couple of pages. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Na, just talkin crap like Daryn so he doesnt feel left out. He is all alone up there in Newy, no one even waves to him you know. :lol: :lol:
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Postby mad992 on Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:49 pm

us guys north of brisbane wave to each other no snobbery here ;)
mad992

Postby boycee on Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:09 pm

I drove 1400km's a couple of weekends ago and couldn't believe it but all the triton owners waved. 8-) :o

We are nice guy's over this way. :lol:
www.4wdsupplies.com.au
boycee
Platinum Subscriber

Postby did3.2 on Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:06 pm

I wave to every new triton I see, and I am still to get a wave back :o , the only reaction I get is the wife and kids cringing with embarresment :? saying "will you please give up NOW!! " just makes me more determined to keep doing it till I get one back :twisted: .
Ran into King triton today at canberra and storm trooper at yass, both on their way to the Brindies(I will make the next one), I got a good hand shake from both, spose that will do for a while till I manage a wave.....Please somebody!! :?
Family, Friends and Four Wheel Drives!
did3.2

Postby Mccann on Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:31 am

OK just as I thought, there will definitely be waves coming from my Triton.
Pickup has been rescheduled to 1pm :( 'cause "there isn't enough salesman on this morning for them to give delivery of your vehicle blah blah" or some sh!t.
So i'm getting geared up to go get her. I will make a Shed entry as soon as I get some good photos, hope it's clean.

See you all in the forums......

MMc
Mccann

Return to Introductions