New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Postby carpe-diem on Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:07 pm

just introducing myself..we just bought a 09 vr turbo diesel triton after retiring our go anywhere and unstoppable 98 prado..
hope to get some usefull info from members along the way especially bout raising the suspension 2"without getting the dredded shutters that come with it (apparently)......;)
carpe-diem

Re: new member

Postby boycee on Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:53 pm

Welcome carpe diem, Heaps of info and help from a great bunch of guy's on here. 8-)

Where you from?
www.4wdsupplies.com.au
boycee
Platinum Subscriber

Postby al coholic on Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:36 pm

Welcome carpe-diem. Its a great site here. (yes, it is addictive and they encourage you to spend too much money on mods) but apart from that, its great. Congrats on the new truck. ;)
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Postby Homer on Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:14 am

Only the manual had shudder problems seize the day.

The auto has a 1 piece tail shaft and has no shudder issues.

If I'm not mistaken, the late '09 models also came out with a one piece tail shaft for the manuals, which should reduce or eliminate the problem also.

Have a look underneath and see if you have one or two piece tail shaft - if one piece, all your problems could be solvered.
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby Blue on Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:03 am

Welcome carpe - surely the correct latin screen name for a Mitsu site would be "diligo ut car", of course it doesn't roll off the tongue quite as well...
Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt or fish.
Blue
Platinum Subscriber

Return to Introductions