howdy

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

howdy

Postby QueenslandeR on Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:22 pm

hi guys,

Names Josh. Long time reader, 3rd time poster. Just recently took ownership of a new MN GLX-R. Ordered it start of Dec and picked it up on the 6th, a bit later than promised but you can never trust the dealers. I've read alot of usefull info on the site so far, and already have a decent list of mods i'd like to do. Im pretty happy with the car so far, a few fellas found theirs was a bit sluggish in first gear, mine seems to go fine. The only thing so far is the suspension is horrible, particularly when your on the highway doing 100+km/h, feels like the ass end is bouncing around one some bumps in the road, will fix this soon when she gets lifted. Also got elec rustproofing fitted, and the bloke that fitted it never connected it to the battery, the wire was sitting next to the pos under the plastic cover :evil: (found this out when connecting up the driving lights). So far only mods i've done are wheels/tyres and driving lights. Factory fitted stuff includes trayliner (which im also not happy with), window tint,paint/fabric protection,rustproofing, hardcover, towar & bonnet and headlight protectors. Im sure you'll here more from me on the forum and maybe get out for a drive with a few of you. :D
QueenslandeR

Re: howdy

Postby jop on Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:24 pm

Welcome mate,nice truck - where abouts are you?
jop

Postby QueenslandeR on Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:26 pm

Thanks Jop im up in the hills in tbar :)
QueenslandeR

Postby al coholic on Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:34 pm

Gday Josh, welcome to the site mate. Plenty of info for you on here if you ever need it and a good group of blokes too. Enjoy the new truck. ;)
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Postby Homer on Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:18 am

Welcome mate.

Check your tyre pressures too - seem to be 40 psi from the dealers every time I go there.
If you deflate to 32-34 it will ride heaps better and help with the bump steering until you get the new suspension.
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby QueenslandeR on Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:58 am

Thanks homer i will check it out.
QueenslandeR

Return to Introductions