Bluetooth volume kit now a Mitsubishi spare part

Anything Triton related

Bluetooth volume kit now a Mitsubishi spare part

Postby subi_man on Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:19 am

Mitsubishi now have the Bluetooth volume kits listed as a spare part. I have not verified these part numbers, but I believe them to be;
MR936541 - for GLX-R and GLS
MR936542 - for base model Tritons

Have ordered one for mine, will be pressuring the dealer to supply and install for free (wish me luck :roll: )

Thanks to Trytin for supplying the Nexgen contact details 8-)

Cheers
Andrew

Never judge a man by the size of his shed, but by how many toys he has IN that shed
subi_man
Valued Contributor

Re: Bluetooth volume kit now a Mitsubishi spare part

Postby King Triton on Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:33 pm

any idea of the cost Subi?
King Triton

Postby subi_man on Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:03 pm

Not yet mate, waiting on a call back from the dealer about either free-fitting (unlikely) or the cost. Trytin was saying to get the kit from from Nexgen was around $60, but as it's now a Mitsubishi part they won't supply direct to me :roll:

Watch this space!!
Andrew

Never judge a man by the size of his shed, but by how many toys he has IN that shed
subi_man
Valued Contributor

Postby Chaj on Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:04 pm

interesting to see what develops here... :?:
Chaj

Postby trytin on Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:35 pm

Unit works great because even if you could adjust the volume by the phone, that is usually a pain to find the phone and adjust while your driving. To fit the unit undo 2 bolts in console, lift front half with a jerk ( not your mate ) and lift back - no need to remove cable to lighter. Undo 2 bolts front concole, 2 clips on side of kick plate and remove gearknobs. lift out console. Bluetooth unit in front of you. remove plug on right side of unit ( not much slack ) and insert box cables to this plug on unit and removed cable ( this is the hard part - you will get it plugged in straight away or get pisseed off. If the later you will need to remove the 4 screws hold the unit being careful to note earth wires and how it goes together) . Run cable to volume control position ( see my profile for top spot left of steering ) and mount volume knob. Put console back in and done. It can be done in 20minutes plus the time you need to mount the volume.
trytin

Postby FRDESP on Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:18 pm

Awesome thanks for the headsup.
FRDESP
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Iron_eagle70 on Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:55 pm

Fat chance on the free bit Subi. If they do We will all be there next week.. Or at least next service (my service center had the car more in the last 3 weeks almost as me) asking the same. Can't see that happening.
Life isn't like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your butt tomorrow
Iron_eagle70

Postby subi_man on Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:12 pm

I'm pretty sure you're right there I.E - after all I've proven to myself that it's a phone problem rather than the Bluetooth unit itself (my wife's ZTE and my now unused iMate JasJam work perfectly) BUT I figure you never know if you don't ask! If anyone does get it fitted free, it will probably be at the discretion of their particular dealer and how keen he is to maintain a positive customer relationship ;)

Cheers
Andrew

subi_man
Valued Contributor

Postby Iron_eagle70 on Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:15 pm

Yep right there Subi. Ive had no troubles with the N70 and now the N95. Sure nowe and again they dont connect. But mostly all good. So I'm happy with it. Sure I'd Have ratehr put the pioneer that I used to have with BT on it and the direct IPod adapter..but thats in my dads Ford Currier now. So its gone.
Life isn't like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your butt tomorrow
Iron_eagle70

Postby subi_man on Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:41 am

$tealer just rang and quoted me $145 to supply the volume kit... :evil: :roll:
Andrew

subi_man
Valued Contributor

Postby Greedy on Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:30 am

I guess that shows the markup dealers like to add. 250%. :evil:
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy!

It ain't pretty being easy!!
Greedy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby King Triton on Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:45 am

Trytin

Could you buy the parts from JAYCAR or Dicksmith's?

I'm sure if you took the unit into one of these shops they would have exactly what is neede for 1/4 of the price
King Triton

Postby trytin on Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:54 pm

You could probably purchase the parts and do yourself but there are too many issues to deal with. You need the right connectors, know the wiring layout, contend with the phone interferance ( as was a problem with the first attempt ), working out the correct applifiers, volume pot size, sheilding on cables and box ect then run the risk of blowing up the bluetooth unit. I thought about doing that originally as I am an electronics person. Really you could spend $50 or $60 yourself in something that may or may not work. I would rather spend my time talking the dealer in a discount for something that is a Mitso problem knowing they paid $50 for it.
trytin

Postby Naff on Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:45 pm

Biggest problem would be the plug - but if someone bought one - we could "reverse engineer" it before they installed it and see if it could be reproduced. $150 for a couple of wires and a potentiometer is a bit steep :?

I've got a Sony Ericsson - I have the problem that it's quite loud when I first get connected and after 5-10 mins it sounds like it is distorting- so I have to turn it down on the phone. .. not a big deal but I also miss my Pioneer BT unit!
Naff
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Mike on Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:19 pm

Iron_eagle am I correct in my understanding that your N95 works ok with the std bluetooth? I can't get the volume control to work with mine. Is yours the std N95 or the later black version? :?
Mike

Postby Iron_eagle70 on Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:52 pm

Mike,

Standard one. Haven't had to change the volume on the phone at all. All appears to work fine for me.
Iron_eagle70

Postby GLX-RSilver on Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:36 pm

Campellfield Mitsubishi quoted my wife $114. Does anyone know the real price or is that it?
GLX-RSilver

Postby Mike on Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:45 pm

Got tired of not being able to hear the Nokia N95 so got the dealer to put in the bluetooth upgrade. Volume control is located in the glovebox out of the way. Dealer suggested once volume set should not need to change all the time. Seems they may be right as well.
The killer and what has left that sour taste in my mouth is the cost of $195 for supply and fit. :cry: :evil: :twisted: What do you do though?
Mike

Postby trickydevil on Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:25 am

I got ine from nextgen a while ago, there was a post on here some where, cost $60 delivered and took about twenty minutes to install. Will try and find the pic's. & instructions. My filing system isn't the best.
trickydevil

Postby 4wd26 on Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:13 am

Tricky,
there was then a further post which mentioned that because they had become a Mitsubishi item that they could not sell direct to the public

See thread
http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=774&p=20280&hilit=+bluetooth#p20280

subi_man wrote:I spoke to him today, and he said they now have to be ordered as a Mitsubishi part :(

See this thread for part no.s

Cheers
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

Postby oneilln on Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:59 am

Guys,

I spoke to Mitsubishi on Friday (19th December 2008) regading my Nokia 6120 and it's lack of volume. They provided me with an Aftersales Bulletin (Bulletin No: MB897) which states the availability of two different patch hardesses that allow you adjust the volume. The first section reads:

Part NO: MR36542 - This is a simple patch hardess that allows the phone signal to connect directly into the audio system and the audio volume controls can be used during the phone use. This kit applies to the following models (380 - Suits all models using kit MR934116, RG Colt - Suits all models using kit MR935621, ML Trion - Suits GL and GLX models using kits MR935479, SJ Express - Suits all models using kit MR936141) COST = $71.49 + fitting AUS dollar.

Part No: MR936541 - This partch harness includes an integrated amplifier and volume dial which controls the volume of sounod heard from the speaker directly driven by the standard bluetooth system. This kit applies to the following models - Pajero Exceed & Triton VR, GLX-R and GLS. Volume dial is located in the glove box. COST = $164.20 + fitting AUS dollar.

I hope this helps you guys out. In regards to the second patch harness, does anyone know if it's possible the place the volume dial next to the bluetooth answer/hangup controls on the spare "button" located to the right of the steering wheel?

Nick
oneilln

Postby subi_man on Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:47 am

The vol control can be pretty much put anywhere within reason, but they are installing them in the gloveboxes as "apparently" is doesn't need adjusting for every call (ie. once the vol has been set to a satisfactory level, it won't need to be adjusted again.... .....) Hope that helps!
Andrew

subi_man
Valued Contributor

Postby oneilln on Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:47 pm

Thanks subi_man, I might go ahead and purchase the kit and "attempt" to install myself, could be dangerous but what the heck!

Cheers, Nick
oneilln

Postby Big Brad on Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:45 pm

Put the volume knob in the glovebox as since its install I haven't had to adjust it.

Hope this helps

Brad
The next statement is True - The first statement is False
Big Brad

Postby ptgards on Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:12 am

Hey all, from what I can gather on Nokia forums and Parrot Bluetooth sites there is no problem with the unit, just particular phones. I have a N95 and while it connects no worries and works fine, I can't adjust the volume to make it louder for when I am driving. I have upgraded my phone software and this made no difference. I believe there is a list of phones out there that are not compatable with the particular Triton Parrot Bluetooth units installed. Next phone I get will be one that is compatable, in the mean time I've just got to suck it up as I am not paying to get the volume control installed.

Hope it helps,

Cheers,

Gards
ptgards

Next

Return to General Discussion