ECU upgrade by MRT

Anything Triton related

Re: ECU upgrade by MRT

Postby subi_man on Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:51 pm

Welcome Chris/CCM - I look forward to working with you one day on my Triton, seen first hand your work on my Foresters, so I have confidence in what you can produce 8-)
Andrew

Never judge a man by the size of his shed, but by how many toys he has IN that shed
subi_man
Valued Contributor

Postby rushN on Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:57 am

I too have had an ECUTEK re-tune on my old WRX, so I can also vouch for the effectiveness and quality of work. I'm looking forward to the same when I have my Triton reflashed when the tune is available :)
rushN

Postby CCM on Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:50 pm

Thanks guys!

Its back from the dealer and I'm quoting up myself on some significant MOTEC data logging equipment specifically to find out what goes on inside these things!That being said my own trancing won't hold up the comercial Ecutek product see keep an ear out (or wait to here from me) for more detailed results soon!We'll be trying to get a manual version on a dyno sooner rather than later to firm up the results and gains as previsouly relised on the first Triton done!

If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask in the meantime however - If I know the answers I'm usually happy to share!

Cheers!
I bought a new Turbo Diesel Ute to tow my two toys, now the Ute takes all my time n money! crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap
CCM

Postby boostedbmw on Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:03 pm

Well i'm keen for updates as i am looking for an upgrade now. Is MRt a chip of a piggy back?
It's easier to get forgivness than permission.
boostedbmw

Postby rushN on Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:03 pm

ECUTEK is a reflash of the factory ECU.
rushN

Postby boostedbmw on Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:42 am

thanks
It's easier to get forgivness than permission.
boostedbmw

Postby FreestyleCab on Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:13 am

I assume that if we get our ECU reflashed by MRT that we have to make sure Mitsubishi doesn't reflash it with a new crappy factory fuel map on the next dealer service?

Is there anyway that this could be prevented in the ECU? Any way to password protect or lock out future ECU reflash attempts?

I would hate to see $1000+ of MRT work erased by a Dealer mechanic.....
Brett
FreestyleCab

Postby Jitsukablue on Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:40 am

I'd thought about that. I can only assume if stealers do a reflash, the MRT rep. who did the tuning would reflash it back again. Once all the testing has been done, that ECU code could be archived for that purpose?

One other question to the good guys at MRT... Is there a way of having a switch or startup proceedure that loads the enhanced ECU at key on? So by default at normal key on, it runs stock code, then with the special sequence loads to good stuff? In case the dealers get nosy.
He who dies with the most toys, wins
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters...
Jitsukablue

Postby CCM on Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:35 pm

Jitsukablue wrote:I'd thought about that. I can only assume if stealers do a reflash, the MRT rep. who did the tuning would reflash it back again. Once all the testing has been done, that ECU code could be archived for that purpose?

One other question to the good guys at MRT... Is there a way of having a switch or startup proceedure that loads the enhanced ECU at key on? So by default at normal key on, it runs stock code, then with the special sequence loads to good stuff? In case the dealers get nosy.

We keep all the exisitng files so if a dealer goes over the top for whatever reason we can alwasy go back to the map developed for your vehicle. There is no way to 'lose' the value in any way other than the dealer physically removing and replacing the ECU with another. So in any case once the facotyr computer has consumed an ECUTEK License and allowed us access, there is no reason to have to pay that again - Once it is effectively unlocked we can re flash it as many times as we like.

Unfortunately no way to effectively have map switching - The factory hardware does not have the technology or facility for it. Dealers have no way to know it has been modified by MRT to that point. Although there is some data left on the ECU that indicates ECUTEK is there, the dealer has no facility to read it. Other than it physically going better the dealer will have no reason to know. That is not to say we hide ECUTEK from dealers, simply they can't see it.

General Update
I'm hoping to have my own GLXR on the dyno in the next couple of days. Which is becoming tricker than I hoped due to booking in for towbar fitment, some mods to my nudge bar for driving lights and the waranty repairs to the sunroof!?!?! I bough t a new car so I didn't have to deal with this ;)
I bought a new Turbo Diesel Ute to tow my two toys, now the Ute takes all my time n money! crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap
CCM

Postby ghilly67 on Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:51 am

Hiya
I had an Ecutek remap on my 07 3.2gls triton on tuesday in England at sanspeed (http://www.sanspeed.co.uk) and im very happy with the result.
dyno results are below
Max torque was 238lbft at 2100rpm
max power was 136bhp at 3400rpm
now torque is 335lbft at 2200rpm
and power is 163bhp at 3550rpm.
this is at the wheels and the tuner said add 22.5% due to the auto gearbox and slightly larger diameter than stock 20 inch wheels and 275/45 tyres
this should make it max torque 410 lbft and 199bhp at the flywheel roughly and it sure feels like it.
i had a german made mal cr powerbox fitted before and this was impressive but this feels much smoother and more power with no dramas.
i had injector rattle and needed a software update to cure it but the english dealers computer would not get it on with my thai imports computer
so i thought maybe a remap might be the answer.my local tuner had Ecutek equipment and said no problem to fix but expensive compared to dealer
it came to 650 english pounds(300 labour and 350 for Ecutek licence) OUCH!
the rattle is still terribly noisy when cold but about 50% quieter when warm but i dont care as they have turned it into the starship enterprise!
i cant test her properly at the moment as the day i had the remap we had the worst snow in england in 30 years and i had to crawl home tickleling
the accelerator in 4 wheel drive and still has not thawed so have to take it easy but so much more power and lovely torque it feels like a different engine.
im going for a long drive this weekend and will let you know more when i do.
yeeeeehhhhaaaaaa :lol:
If things dont change they will stay as they are.
ghilly67

Postby Storm Trooper on Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:30 pm

you gotta love that power and torque increase, good stuff.. i can't wait till i go down that that road, just to see how the petrol compares to the diesels.
i vote for a html version of the Gasa strip in between the 2 sites. then the goons who wanna get all parochial about their trucks can chuck rocks and shit at each other. by cyberhonky on Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:37 am
Storm Trooper

Postby Jitsukablue on Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:12 pm

Holey phaarrrrkkkk. I want a starship enterprise too! So how come Ecutek have released the 3.2 in the UK and not here?
Jitsukablue

Postby ghilly67 on Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:38 pm

They dont sell a 3.2 triton in england, only 2.5 litre 135bhp or 160bhp called a L200 so i dont know why you guys cant get the remap but i can. My tuner said the software was developed in New Zealand so why cant you guys get it yet??
If things dont change they will stay as they are.
ghilly67

Postby mad992 on Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:11 am

jeeeeez louise,,,can i have what he's having,,, i want my 3.2 did to fly like the enterprise :lol: ,only problem then would be handling breaking traction and fishtailing up the bruce highway.....................
mad992

Postby Storm Trooper on Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:16 pm

mad992 wrote:jeeeeez louise,,,can i have what he's having,,, i want my 3.2 did to fly like the enterprise :lol: ,only problem then would be handling breaking traction and fishtailing up the bruce highway.....................

Hey Mad i wouldn't be calling it a problem, more like more fun.... :P
i vote for a html version of the Gasa strip in between the 2 sites. then the goons who wanna get all parochial about their trucks can chuck rocks and shit at each other. by cyberhonky on Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:37 am
Storm Trooper

Postby Jitsukablue on Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:11 pm

Ahh, That is what MMNZL developed that was only released for a limited time, and what it about to be released here in the TMR by MMAL.
Jitsukablue

Postby brent18 on Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:45 am

has anyone know what upgrade can be done to the petrol v6? i feel it to be a bit slugish when on the beach in the lower revs, and a poor response time.
brent18

Postby Adz on Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:46 am

brent18 wrote:has anyone know what upgrade can be done to the petrol v6? i feel it to be a bit slugish when on the beach in the lower revs, and a poor response time.

I'd be interested in this also, being a V6 owner.... :D
You can sit there complaining, or you can knit me some seat belts.
Adz

Postby Homer on Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:10 pm

Storm Trooper wrote:ok it looks like i have to get a diesel . . . . :|

Stormy, I left it with you mate.....you said everything would be alright :cry: .....I trusted you :cry: :cry: .........soon we would be in petrol head heaven :cry: :cry: :cry:

What has happened? I get back on deck to hear nothing but talk of oiler performance. I had to go back a whole page to see anything about petrols....and your heartbreaking reply...... learn the horrible truth on these blasphemous pages! I feel your pain brother.

We are doomed. Diesels rattling around faster than ever, long smoky trails dwindling into the distance....noses well and truly thumbed....and us poor petrol cousins...we thought -the sporty cousins..... slagging along in their wake wishing we opted for the faster diesel option :o

Don't they understand - it's PETROL head - not OILY head

Where did it all go wrong?

I blame Audi!!!!

Beating all comers in their rattly, smoky, oily Le Mans race cars.

Back I say!!! Back into the industrial and military applications where you belong!

Leave the technology and go fast science...stuff to those who will use it for good and not evil.

Away with you meddlers in performance technology.

Away with you.
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby Greedy on Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:44 pm

:o :lol:
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy!

It ain't pretty being easy!!
Greedy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Jitsukablue on Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:15 pm

Ha ha, that's the best rant I've seen for a while. Just get a turbo and quit moaning :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Jitsukablue

Postby subi_man on Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:49 pm

ROFL good one homer :lol: :lol:
Andrew

Never judge a man by the size of his shed, but by how many toys he has IN that shed
subi_man
Valued Contributor

Postby Jitsukablue on Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:53 pm

Come on Brett/MRT, what happened to end of Janurary release. How does it compare to what is already being flashed in the UK?
*continues to chomp on the bit*
Jitsukablue

Postby FreestyleCab on Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:34 pm

One thing I did notice on the Lithgow Powerlines trip was when we were all airing up the tyres after lunch, I walked past Sapients ute and the bonnet was up with the engine at idle and I thought the motor was very quite compared to mine. The MRT reflash on Sapients ute seems to reduce injector noise considerably.
Brett
FreestyleCab

Postby Adz on Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:09 am

Homer wrote:
Storm Trooper wrote:ok it looks like i have to get a diesel . . . . :|

Stormy, I left it with you mate.....you said everything would be alright :cry: .....I trusted you :cry: :cry: .........soon we would be in petrol head heaven :cry: :cry: :cry:

What has happened? I get back on deck to hear nothing but talk of oiler performance. I had to go back a whole page to see anything about petrols....and your heartbreaking reply...... learn the horrible truth on these blasphemous pages! I feel your pain brother.

We are doomed. Diesels rattling around faster than ever, long smoky trails dwindling into the distance....noses well and truly thumbed....and us poor petrol cousins...we thought -the sporty cousins..... slagging along in their wake wishing we opted for the faster diesel option :o

Don't they understand - it's PETROL head - not OILY head

Where did it all go wrong?

I blame Audi!!!!

Beating all comers in their rattly, smoky, oily Le Mans race cars.

Back I say!!! Back into the industrial and military applications where you belong!

Leave the technology and go fast science...stuff to those who will use it for good and not evil.

Away with you meddlers in performance technology.

Away with you.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ENCORE!!!
You can sit there complaining, or you can knit me some seat belts.
Adz

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion