BRIDE bucket seat in my triton!!!

Anything Triton related

BRIDE bucket seat in my triton!!!

Postby MonsterTriton on Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:10 am

hey guys,
i just got my new Bride bucket seats in my triton,
what do you guys think???
i will be selling them to, there is a variety of designs,

they really make me stick in my seat during fast and tight conering, as my suspensions are race spec,
the triton can coner faster that i can hold my self in my std seat,
now i feel like im in a full race car, at the same time i feel confident in pushing my car to the limit! :),
i had to get custom mount brackets, with double bolt through the floor and twin brackets on seat mount to keep it veryyyyyyyyy strong!

Click to view larger picture

THERE IS A MONSTER IN ALL OF US
MonsterTriton

Re: BRIDE bucket seat in my triton!!!

Postby Jitsukablue on Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:42 am

mmmm, that looks like a nice chair, I could have a kip in that!
He who dies with the most toys, wins
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters...
Jitsukablue

Postby Sapient on Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:46 am

You need one for the drivers side that says Groom
Sapient
Platinum Subscriber

Postby MonsterTriton on Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:18 am

haha, i was going to get the passenger side, but decided to keep them comfortable and sliding about hahaha,
hey atleast the weight center during conering will help with them sliding about to give me a better angel to drift haha.

i glad you guys like the chair, i decided to go for the leather to match with the tritons interior, and not to much for show!

if you guys want one i shall post a buckseat topic under the commonrail center section....
MonsterTriton

Postby irsa76 on Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:56 pm

Cool seat. Looks like the Aerotech seat I've had in the shed for years
Here it is test fitted to my former 720 project, bent chassis and no $ ended that project :(
irsa76

Postby Blue on Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:45 pm

irsa76 wrote:Cool seat. Looks like the Aerotech seat I've had in the shed for years
Here it is test fitted to my former 720 project, bent chassis and no $ ended that project :(

I've had a couple of Aerotechs, they were a fantastic seat, shame they went out of business...
Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt or fish.
Blue
Platinum Subscriber

Postby MonsterTriton on Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:52 am

oh yea,
i feel very comfortable with the seat, it holds me really in place :)
MonsterTriton

Postby Homer on Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:50 am

Hey Monster that seat looks good.

From my investigations though (in QLD at least) apparently fitting seats without a moveable headrest isn't legal - I would really like confirmation of this as I don't understand why.

Also customised mount brackets must be Engineer certified, and I'm having problems finding an Engineer that will go near it - probably because in the miniscule chance something does go wrong in a big accident and the mount breaks, the Engineer may end up in a little trouble. :(

I would be willing to waiver their liability no probs as it doesn't take much to engineer a strong seat mount system, that's for sure, but haven't yet found someone.
I would just do it myself but don't want legality or insurance issues.
If anyone on this forum knows someone who could certify or design mounts, I would love to hear it.
Just think..... 7 series leather electric BMW seats in your Triton for around $500 a pair - plus Engineering cert. Opens up all the possibilities.
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby gfm_69 on Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:17 am

I would be interested in a set in a cloth trim to suit the GLX-R what is the damage($) and will they fitt the normal seat rails?
gfm_69

Postby MonsterTriton on Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:21 am

moveable headrest, well that would rule out all bucket seats, which i find impossable, i see many cars with bucket seats, its a safety issue, buckset seats are safer guarrented.
the seat i got is adjustable, front and back, and with the adjustable back.
i find these the most comfortable buckseats rather than getting the one peaice, that i can also acquire!

as for the mounts, i guess the engineers dont want responsability, though for me i told the engineer what to do. it came with a simple single bolt, though that wasnt enough for me, so i got it double bolted, and custom side brackets to support the seat bolt. i will take a pic for you today.
in all honestly i was driving like a manaic and the seat holds me in place so well, i have not regreated changing my electric seat to this seat. its great!!!!!
i will take the pic of the mounts, and if the seat mounts seem safe for you guys, then i will make sure each seat i sell has these custom mounts.

btw i only sell the seats that are high quality not crap seats. most australians like my self weigh 80kg and above. and we need the mounts to support it!, only problem is that some are quite small, the size do range but never very large, my friend who is 6'4 and about 150kgs has alot of troubles trying to find a seat... even the ones imported from japan are made smallish, i guess the asian market doesnt concider big people haha.

anyways there is a range of bucket seats such as,,,,,

MonsterTriton

Return to General Discussion