Suggestions?

Anything Triton related

Suggestions?

Postby Skog07 on Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:16 pm

Zip.
Dont know about L200. Over here it started as a Sigma motor put into a ute. Called a L200 and it was turned into a triton. And there is also a L300 van available as well in Oz. You havent had the pleasure in owning a Valiant Ute before it was spoilt by Bitsrshiti.
But if all the Oz members on new triton are forking out a pineapple for membership you guys can come up with a little more than disputing diff locks over on newhilux or a hilux as a backdrop.
FSC, Buzzy, SDU, Subi, come on give Dave a suggestion or two about what you want over here.
Regards
Skog
Skog07

Suggestions?

Postby 4wd26 on Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:02 pm

I would like to see my sent PM's
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

Suggestions?

Postby subi_man on Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:29 pm

Good suggestions 4wd26! I would also like to able to search for posts by the poster's name as well as keywords.
Andrew

Never judge a man by the size of his shed, but by how many toys he has IN that shed
subi_man
Valued Contributor

Suggestions?

Postby jonesy on Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:24 am

I agree that the membership is too steep. Consider that people have multiple hobbies/interests and can participate on multiple forums. You have to draw the line in how much you can donate across them all.

I think the lifetime membership option is the best way to go especially if the forums are going to be split into public and private/members only.

I think the members of this site could benefit from different forum software like vbulletin or some of the other PHP based free forums that have a lot of what people are used to and take for granted in a forum like PM's and organised threads, thread subscriptions and advanced searching. The search capabilities on a forum are one of the most important features. The Searching facility on this forum sux big time.
jonesy

Suggestions?

Postby Dave on Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:02 pm

Jonesy, I am considering the lifetime membership option, but failing that, it will definitely be a cheaper renewal fee. I am also currently investigating the option of providing NewTriton.net T-Shirts to those who subscribe.

I have built many sites in the past using phpBB and vBulletin, I have also considered using that here but it wasn't necessary - I like the idea of simplicity and being unique compared to the other sites out there.. This is NOT just a forum, it's methodology is similar to Facebook in a way, with the vehicle profiles/comments and such. Simplicity is always a winning way with most sites, the more technical junk you add to a site you will find people will be less enthusiastic about the entire thing.

Some of the things that will be definitely put into this site is organised threads, subscriptions yes and the searching option will become much better than what it is. Apart of the idea behind the financial membership is that it will allow the site to go further ahead with new & updated features that members will benefit from.

After the security weaknesses those other forum software applications have, and being compromised once in the past, I will never look at them again.
Dave
Site Admin

Suggestions?

Postby pickle on Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:27 pm

I must say that since going over to vbulliten that we have not been compromised like the old forum for the Paj club. But in saying that we only needed a forum as we have a web page for the club as well. So in a sense you are right Dave as you have the whole lot here in one hit. Be good to see the forum categorised though. Good work on it anyway as I know how much time you need to put in!
Dave
pickle

Suggestions?

Postby King Triton on Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:03 am

Just one other suggestion Dave

In the search function is it possible to search by the person who started the thread.
Because i have started a couple of threads and the and i was looking for one the other day but it took me ages to find them.
If i could have searched by thread originator KING TRITON all threads by me would have come up, same as if you know someone else did a thread you wanted to look at you could just search under there name.

King Triton

Suggestions?

Postby King Triton on Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:26 pm

Hi Dave me again

I just keep of thinking of suggestions, and they are only suggestions the site is good as it is.

Is it possible to have a SEND ME A MESSAGE tab/button in the profile section so when looking at someones profile you can just click to send them a PM instead of going to members section and clicking on Private Messaging and them having to remeber how they spell their username.
King Triton

Suggestions?

Postby Bubbalucci on Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:33 pm

i second that one from the KING
Bubbalucci

Suggestions?

Postby Dave on Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:59 am

Great idea King, that'll happen for sure!
Dave
Site Admin

Suggestions?

Postby YogiOz on Thu May 01, 2008 2:03 am

Another suggestion would be to enable the posts author to change the subject (I, for example, would have liked to change the post "DP Chip" to "Performance Chips" or some such. :roll: ). 8-)
Mick

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some people are like a Slinky; they aren't good for anything, but they make you smile when you push them down the stairs.
YogiOz

Re: Suggestions?

Postby Eelesy on Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:01 pm

I dont know if there is an option to change this somewhere, but one thing i was just thinking is can we be notified when someone makes a comment in out shed? like get sent an emal or something.

I dont check my shed that often but every now and then i will notice someone has asked me a question, about 3 months prior.

Just a thought
I'm not dead
Eelesy

Postby joker on Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:25 pm

Good idea Eelesy!
I hardly ever check comments in my shed and found 2 new ones just now from ages ago.
joker

Postby Dave on Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:22 pm

Hi Eelesy this is fixed in the new update don't stress :)
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Eelesy on Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:40 pm

Cool Bananas.

Cheers Dave
I'm not dead
Eelesy

Postby 4wd26 on Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:52 pm

What about being able to search out members shed by alphabet?
I like having the first users up on the front page- well not really but :lol:

If I want to search out a shed by name I have to troll through all 17 pages now. Also if that cannot be done , allow us to go further than 1 page at a time?
Getting Out There
4wd26

Postby Greedy on Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:05 pm

4wd26 wrote:What about being able to search out members shed by alphabet?
I like having the first users up on the front page- well not really but :lol:

If I want to search out a shed by name I have to troll through all 17 pages now. Also if that cannot be done , allow us to go further than 1 page at a time?

I find it easier to go through the "members" link rather than the "shed" link. That can be filtered by first letter reducing the number of entries seen. ;)
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy!

It ain't pretty being easy!!
Greedy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Dave on Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:09 pm

Hi 4wd26, thanks for the input, all this is covered in the new version, really good search functionality actually.

If anyone has any more comments/suggestions please don't hesitate to reply to this thread I'm all for suggestions!!!!! keep em coming....

Edit: C'mon fellas keep the thread clean with proper suggestions ;)
Dave
Site Admin

Postby MR T on Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:27 am

is there a way to delete more than one pm at a time i need to clear out my box :?:
a smile is a sign of joy, a hug is a sign of love, a laugh is a sign of happiness and a friend like me...well...that's a sign of good taste.
MR T

Postby smeghead on Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:50 am

MR T wrote:is there a way to delete more than one pm at a time i need to clear out my box :?:

Yeah mate, just tick the check box to the right of each message you want to delete, then from the dropdown list at the bottom right select Deleted Marked, then hit Go....
Sean

'07 | GLX-R | 3.2 DiD | Manual | Gunmetal Grey

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
smeghead

Postby 4wd26 on Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:51 am

Not sure if this is can be done with this forum background?

But I like forums that send out the text in email subscriptions.

Dear 4wd26,

CeeJay has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - 3 Corners/Simpson Trip Report - in the Trekking around Oz forum of Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum.

This thread is located at:
http://140.99.20.180/forum/showthread.php?t=6017&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
Yes, will be BFG ATs for me next. There were 2 other cars on the trip with BFGs and they didn't noticeably wear at all.

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

This way you can check out if anything interesting has been added rather than having to keep logging on to the forum- especially at work with photo restrictions etc.
Getting Out There
4wd26

Postby Stu on Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:05 pm

ok then how about a FAQ sticky?
If god didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of food
Stu

Postby joker on Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:38 pm

Dave wrote:Jonesy, I am considering the lifetime membership option, but failing that, it will definitely be a cheaper renewal fee. I am also currently investigating the option of providing NewTriton.net T-Shirts to those who subscribe.

Any update on this? Renewal was still $50 and no sign of T-Shirt yet?
joker

Postby Dave on Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:27 am

Thanks Smeghead for clearing that one up :)

4wd26, good one... I was thinking this the other day, with a bit of modification that could probably be done... in saying that, I was also recently investigating the change over to new forum software which already had that feature plus allot of other useful features. Something I am still testing but this may mean a complete redesign of the site again, which I would like to somewhat avoid.

joker, looked into this option but went with the stickers instead as I couldn't source a good deal on shirts, I also looked at how to reduce the renewal fees within paypal but there was no option for this so I decided to keep it as one fixed price... as I state on the site, it's optional for you to subscribe or renewal there is no requirement to subscribe.

Stu, good one... I had started looking at building an Ultimate Hilux FAQ style thread with allot of useful shortcut links to different threads, will be looking at doing something similar here as well.

Cheers guys
Dave
Site Admin

Postby snowman on Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:45 pm

someone set me straight if this can already be done.......... :oops:

can we have a 'save favourite threads' button? i know that you can save 'favourites' on your computer via IE or Mozilla etc but i log in via multiple computers and there are a couple of topical threads for me which i can find hard to refind once they leave the current topical ones........ :?:

would be nice if you could do this via the site itself - even if you have a limit i guess.
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion