Triton is best dual-cab 4WD ute - weekend SMH

Triton in the media

Triton is best dual-cab 4WD ute - weekend SMH

Postby subi_man on Sun May 24, 2009 9:25 am

Finally someone can see past the badges :roll: Sydney Morning Herald picks the Triton as best dual-cab 4WD ute

Could only find a video of the review but it's the outcome that matters 8-)
Andrew

Never judge a man by the size of his shed, but by how many toys he has IN that shed
subi_man
Valued Contributor

Re: Triton is best dual-cab 4WD ute - weekend SMH

Postby Homer on Sun May 24, 2009 10:07 am

Yep, love that car :D
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby mad992 on Sun May 24, 2009 7:55 pm

yeah finally these buffoons have discovered what we have known all this time aye guys ,,,,,,finally some serious recognition for the triton love that car :D
mad992

Postby snowman on Sun May 24, 2009 8:21 pm

This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby snowman on Sun May 24, 2009 9:06 pm

funny it seems the list of winners from the 4X4 australia test almost got turned upside down (with a couple of exceptions) just goes to show how emotive it can be.

oh well in any case if you want to place kids in the back i just dont think you can go past the Triton atm. my kids love it and reckon there is only a little bit less room than the commo acclaim wagon and certainly more than the old MK which is now our second car. one thing on this issue though is the curved window line is quite high for the kids to look out of, so my younger ones tend to use some form of booster. and the rear passenger windows don't wind all the way down...ah they got over it in a few short days.

....and on Hilux resale, a mate of mine recently told me 'you own a commodore for life' not because they are a particularly good car but because there are so many to choose from second hand, they can be hard to unload. just ask me i sold a Commodore when the new triton came along. point is, with the Hilux being the highest selling VEHICLE (not just ute) for a month or two last year i can't help but feeling once all those leases and CHP's are up in 3,4,5 years there will be heaps on the market and when supply goes up.......maybe they will become a victim of their own success in the second hand department. but that might not help other ute brands either :cry: :cry: :cry:

and i don't know why they keep quoting $4000 difference for the triton GLX-r and hilux SR5 (ok ok i know they are rec retail prices) maybe Mits are not doing great deals currently but i found it to be about $10,000 with ABN and some haggling. certainly more than $4000 if you are looking to buy....
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Still-Lurking on Sun May 24, 2009 10:00 pm

I wonder how the sales compare when you look at private registrations as opposed to government sales.
If you check the government auctions there's always heaps more Hilux's than the other utes - heaps.
Sooner or later that has to play on the second hand price.

Well done the Triton.. ;)
Still-Lurking

Postby Still-Lurking on Sun May 24, 2009 10:05 pm

Whoops, he's said the Triton GLX-R is a 2.5 .. :roll:
Still-Lurking

Postby Naff on Sun May 24, 2009 10:18 pm

Yeah I noticed that Still-Lurking - big whoops. If they can't get the basic info right it makes you wonder if they really do any testing at all.
Naff
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Still-Lurking on Mon May 25, 2009 7:37 am

NaffX214 wrote:Yeah I noticed that Still-Lurking - big whoops. If they can't get the basic info right it makes you wonder if they really do any testing at all.

They no longer have the time or money at the papers.. :oops:
Still-Lurking

Return to Triton News