it just got delivered!!

Triton in the media

Re: it just got delivered!!

Postby SEJ GLX-R on Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:43 pm

al coholic wrote:Bit slow on the uptake :oops:

Diddy on Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:21 pm wrote:get with the times buddy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Diddy on Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:22 pm wrote:get with the times buddy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are slow mate, Diddy had to tell you twice :lol: :lol:
See my build thread ... HERE
See my shed ............. HERE
SEJ GLX-R

Postby al coholic on Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:48 pm

So when did Diddy change his username??? :?

:lol: :lol: Belters!!!
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Postby Diddy on Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:30 pm

3days ago :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
i wish we had a caravan like the ALCO'S
Diddy

Postby har05l on Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:53 pm

Nice toyota pose at the end ben :lol: :lol:

I got 1 sand spitting pic 8-)
[censored]
har05l
Platinum Subscriber

Postby al coholic on Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:47 pm

Bring your copy of the mag along to Lake Lyell Ken and i'll autograph it for you too :lol: :lol: :oops:
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Postby daryn on Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:49 pm

I bought the magazine this evening in melbourne and read it on the plane, I as actually pretty pleased with this issue in respect to Triton activity, firstly a member of this forum gets a great article, 4wdAction style, on his Triton, lots of great pictures and good report on his Triton, 4wdAction style, and this forum was thanked for the input and advice of members here. What more could you ask for. - 8 Pages

Then as we all know we were asked to participate in a "TRACTION" feature, what better vehicle to ask for to support this article but the Triton with its various array of options available, and to boot no less than 9 Tritons plus one MMAL Triton appear in this article with some great photos, a picture tells a thousand words. Once again newtriton.net was thanked for its support and every vehicle owner was mentioned in a side bar, as well 13 great photographs. - 8 Pages

That is great coverage with 16 pages of Tritons in one issue all from NewTriton.net, all finished off with Al showing a big smile after beating us all in the Dune climbing test.

This is great stuff, I would expect that you may see images from this day appear in random articles in the future as well.

:D :D :D
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby snowman on Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:58 pm

daryn wrote:I bought the magazine this evening in melbourne and read it on the plane, I as actually pretty pleased with this issue in respect to Triton activity, firstly a member of this forum gets a great article, 4wdAction style, on his Triton, lots of great pictures and good report on his Triton, 4wdAction style, and this forum was thanked for the input and advice of members here. What more could you ask for. - 8 Pages

Then as we all know we were asked to participate in a "TRACTION" feature, what better vehicle to ask for to support this article but the Triton with its various array of options available, and to boot no less than 9 Tritons plus one MMAL Triton appear in this article with some great photos, a picture tells a thousand words. Once again newtriton.net was thanked for its support and every vehicle owner was mentioned in a side bar, as well 13 great photographs. - 8 Pages

Agreed. 8-) 8-)

daryn wrote:That is great coverage with 16 pages of Tritons in one issue all from NewTriton.net, all finished off with Al showing a big smile after beating us all in the Dune climbing test.

This is great stuff, I would expect that you may see images from this day appear in random articles in the future as well.

and he didn't beat us fairly, he [censored] cheated. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Excolo on Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:00 pm

I finally found it at the Newsagents yesterday. :) Great work Guys!!! :D
Strong like ox. Smart like tree.
Admit nothing - Deny everything - Make counter accusations.
Excolo

it just got delivered!!

Postby Cowboy Dave on Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:07 pm

4 newsagents so far, all still carrying issue 160, no sign of the new one...
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby daryn on Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:39 pm

Snowie, whatever Al did, I did too, we both not silly ;)
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby Pure Mongrel on Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:00 am

The latest issue arrived on local news stands the same day I picked up my new Triton.

Coincidence or sign from above?

I will reflect on this over a cold one after I have "tested" the Triton this weekend.

I am becoming more convinced that 4 wheel driving is a religion after all. ;)
"When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty!"
An adaption from an American Civil War statement that seems very apt for the way things are done these days! "When Tyranny Becomes Law, Rebellion Becomes Duty"
Pure Mongrel

Postby helicoptercow on Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:42 am

picked mine up from the newsagent this morning. No time to read but a quick thumb through saw there were some good pics in there and the other triton story. Al looked a little excited on the last page... sure we could have picked someone prettier to represent the group :lol:

"it's so much easier to apologise rather than ask for permission" - gutters

The Cattle Truck

"Wool-Wheat" = Cotton. Warm like wool, but grows like wheat

helicoptercow
Platinum Subscriber

it just got delivered!!

Postby Diddy on Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:10 am

I only seen newtriton.net mentioned once in our article didn't se it in the other feature only the triple diamond club was mentioned somebody correct me if I'm wrong plz
i wish we had a caravan like the ALCO'S
Diddy

it just got delivered!!

Postby UAV on Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:17 am

We were mentioned in the thankyou section in the article for the other triton.
UAV

Postby daryn on Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:40 am

Diddy wrote:I only seen newtriton.net mentioned once in our article didn't se it in the other feature only the triple diamond club was mentioned somebody correct me if I'm wrong plz

I already have diddy, that is why i wrote what i did.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby reeldreamer on Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:58 am

I thought it was great to see so many tritons in the mag finally!
Bash plates and other cool gear from Prestige Offroad Accessories

http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=80
reeldreamer

Postby snowman on Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:39 pm

Diddy wrote:I only seen newtriton.net mentioned once in our article didn't se it in the other feature only the triple diamond club was mentioned somebody correct me if I'm wrong plz

you can't just look at the pictures Diddy...... :P
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Quinny on Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:26 pm

Just got my copy of 161 -

Well done boys & girls...

Enjoyable read...

Q
Never argue with an idiot ... they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ...
Quinny
Platinum Subscriber

Postby andyj on Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:53 pm

Its about time we started to get some recognition from 4WD
Or as Speedy Gonzalez once said, it won't hurt, did it
andyj

Postby al coholic on Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:53 am

snowman wrote:and he didn't beat us fairly, he $@#&% cheated. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Woooooooo up there buddy....how did i cheat???

We were asked to go have a second go at it with the manual guys in 2nd low this time to try to even up the gear ratios, i choose a fresh line up the dune and it floated all the way to the top.......great skill if you ask me :twisted: :twisted: As Daryn said.........the two auto's got as far up the dune as each other, beating all the manuals.............total mystery to me as to why??? Is the auto that much better :twisted:
al coholic

Postby Wizza on Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:00 pm

Just need a Triton on the cover now.....
Lifes Short, Fish Hard!!!
Wizza

Postby fitz on Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:29 pm

daryn wrote:I bought the magazine this evening in melbourne and read it on the plane, I as actually pretty pleased with this issue in respect to Triton activity, firstly a member of this forum gets a great article, 4wdAction style, on his Triton, lots of great pictures and good report on his Triton, 4wdAction style, and this forum was thanked for the input and advice of members here. What more could you ask for. - 8 Pages

That is great coverage with 16 pages of Tritons in one issue all from NewTriton.net, all finished off with Al showing a big smile after beating us all in the Dune climbing test.

Well that Triton feature would be mine. I have been pretty much involved with the Triple Diamond club which takes more of my spare time, so i haven't been on the forum for some time.

Interestingly 4WDAction actually found me. As I drive through Silverwater to get to work and 4WDAction offices are at Silverwater they saw my truck a few times in the morning then tracked me down via Eddie at Artarmon Automotive who gave me a ring.

I thought it would be good to get a Triton in the mag as we all know they are very 'Cruiser / Patrol focussed.

It was a pretty good write up and although they had a little bit of 'literary license' they were pretty true to what info I provided.

I wanted to make sure also the correct people got mentions as I certainly got some good help out of this forum as well as the Triple Diamond 4WD Club (incidentally we have a few Tritons these days but not as many as we have Pajeros!!).

Great to see they coupled it with a New Triton focussed piece.

Incidentally they wanted to do a video shoot as well but I was stumped for time in Feb when they wanted to do it.
fitz

Postby har05l on Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:49 am

Was good to see fitz ;)

Checked the triple site after reading the story and sounds like you do some good trips.
[censored]
har05l
Platinum Subscriber

Postby helicoptercow on Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:26 am

yea well done fitz, did us proud :D

when i saw the article i wondered it they were a member of newTriton... haven't read it yet so didn't know it mentioned us :oops:

"it's so much easier to apologise rather than ask for permission" - gutters

The Cattle Truck

"Wool-Wheat" = Cotton. Warm like wool, but grows like wheat

helicoptercow
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Bogor on Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:34 pm

Just went and bought the mag based on this thread :)
Article looks good and only part way through, aparently I should be working while at work and not reading 4WD mags / Forums :)
One thing I did notice is that they went to alot of trouble to cover the license plates in some of the pics however in others they left the license plate in full view.
A bit of an oversight?

Anyway the pics look great. Seems like you all had a great time! Well done!! :)
Bogor

PreviousNext

Return to Triton News