TDC Digital Chip Dyno Results

TDC Digital Chip Dyno Results

Postby scubapro on Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:31 am

For all the guys who bought the TDC Digital Chip. I just had my Triton Dynoed.

No chip 83Kw at the rear wheels
With Chip 90Kw as set by TDC then the guys played around with the settings
Set chip on setting 7 will get you 100Kw at the rear wheels.

I have been using it for 3 Days now & according to the computer I am only usoing 1 litre more than before so that is running around town 12.5 litres for 100k,s.
scubapro

Re: TDC Digital Chip Dyno Results

Postby Stu on Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:04 am

did you by any chance try F?
If god didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of food
Stu

Postby Jitsukablue on Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:18 am

Nice work. Did they give you a nice graph? Can you stick it on this here page? What's the torque increase like?
He who dies with the most toys, wins
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters...
Jitsukablue

Postby scubapro on Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:04 am

I was not around when they tried the settings but advised me to stick to no 7. They did give me a graph but no torque figures only Kw & PSi of the turbo.

However just from driving it the ute feels very different, if you want to go just plant the righ foot only problem there is a lot of black smoke from the rear, but it DOES GO :o :o :o

If I had a scanner I could post the graph but I don,t have one. I will ask a friend if he can do this for me next week.
scubapro

Postby Buzzy on Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:23 pm

scubapro wrote:However just from driving it the ute feels very different, if you want to go just plant the righ foot only problem there is a lot of black smoke from the rear, but it DOES GO :o :o :o

Mine was blowing black smoke to. I put it down to the power increase from the chip and the motor not getting the air it needs. Put a snorkel on and a Uni Filter and its all good now. Goes like a rocket, no smoke and makes some cool sounds doing it.
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby subi_man on Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:32 pm

scuba, did they happen to monitor the exhaust gas temps while your Triton was on the dyno? (this is important so ensure no piston damage can be done if it ends up running rich with the chip setting). Would be keen to hear what they said

Cheers
Andrew

Never judge a man by the size of his shed, but by how many toys he has IN that shed
subi_man
Valued Contributor

Postby scubapro on Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:33 am

I am not sure if they monitored the exhaust temp but I have a Scangauge 11 fitted & allthe temps are the same as before. Engine temp varies from 173 to 185 Degs Farinheit.

I have not observed any changes apart from the go factor. What snorkel did you install?
scubapro

Postby ML-VR08 on Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:08 am

I have mine set on 11 or B and it blows alot of smoke, but it pulls very hard, but notice a big drop off in power at around 4000rpm, as i was having a drag with a fella in a commy, and its dies a little in the top rev range, but then picks up again!
ML-VR08

Return to Electrical