Bluetooth Problem

Bluetooth Problem

Postby Racer on Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:43 pm

I received my new GLX-R Triton today....very happy with it however a little drama is my Nokia 6220 Classic phone will not pair with the "Parrot" bluetooth system. It returns "unable to connect to ..."...The phone is only a month or so old and has no other problems pairing with my GPS etc...I tried the Mrs's phone (N95) and it connected no problems...

I am now in the middle of updating the phones software but seeing if anyone has an idea as to what the problem may be....
09 ML GLX-R 3.2
Racer

Re: Bluetooth Problem

Postby daryn on Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:01 pm

Hi Racer,

My Nokia E51 sometimes mucks up with Bluetooth, every so often I have to restart it, mine uses the symbian software, not sure what yours does, I would say it is the phone if your wifes works fine.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby Homer on Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:15 am

Hey Daryn, how is your E51's volume when connected to blue tooth?

My 6110 navigator is pretty hard to hear sometimes and I have been offered an E51 upgrade yesterday.

I'm always suss on upgrades as I've ended up with what turned out to be a "downgrade" on at least one occasion. The 6110 works well enough (except the GPS bit :roll: ) just would like better blue tooth volume and battery life.
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby Sapient on Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:09 am

I had to retro grade from the E51 to an old N70 because I couldnt get any volume out of the Bluetooth........tried a brand new E51 the other day thinking maybe they had got it sorted since I last tried, but nooooo still borked :x
Sapient
Platinum Subscriber

Postby daryn on Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:12 am

Homer wrote:Hey Daryn, how is your E51's volume when connected to blue tooth?

Hey Homer,

E51 volume is crap, its the best mobile phone that I have owned up until I connected it up to the Triton, do I blame nokia though, no, I blame MMAL. So I am just putting up with it whilst I work out what I am going to do in place of it as my dedicated Nokia CK15w car kit crapped itself as well recently. Maybe phone through TomTom or I will get the Bluetooth module for my kenwood stereo.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby Adz on Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:38 am

I think I'll just go with the following, as I too have the same problem with the Nokia N95. I've currently got it thru my TomTom but would prefer to have the surround sound! :lol:

Part No: MR936541 - This patch harness includes an integrated amplifier and volume dial which controls the volume of sound heard from the speaker directly driven by the standard bluetooth system. This kit applies to the following models - Pajero Exceed & Triton VR, GLX-R and GLS.

The stealer has quoted me $180 to fit it at 7500km service (approx. 500 km's to go) :D :D
Last edited by Adz on Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can sit there complaining, or you can knit me some seat belts.
Adz

Postby Racer on Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:03 pm

Ok...

I fart assed around with Nokia this morning and still no action, due to my phone being less than 30 days old I had it replaced as the bluetooth "wouldn't work". I received the new phone (Nokia 6220 Classic)....attempted to connect it and it would not work either :evil:

So I rang the MMAL Customer Care line where it got a bit technical with them..they shonked me back to the Dealer....the salesman made a few enquiries with Service Dept...MMAL released a technical bulletin advising that the bluetooth system does not work with some of the newer modern phones and they are currently creating a patch/upgrade with the Bluetooth System supplier.....

Just though this would be handy info for others in the same boat....

Stay tuned..
09 ML GLX-R 3.2
Racer

Postby Racer on Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:04 pm

Please DELETE - Double Post
09 ML GLX-R 3.2
Racer

Postby Adz on Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:05 pm

Nice Racer, thanks for the update. 8-) 8-)
Adz

Postby Homer on Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:16 pm

Thanks for the heads up guys. Looks like the E51 will stay in the drawer until the new patch is available - not holding my breath.

Cheers.
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby subi_man on Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:52 pm

Racer, Nokia and the Triton (Parrot) bluetooth have known problems unfortunately - eg. the old 6120 had very poor volume, other Nokia brands have connection issues, but yet some work fine :?
Andrew

Never judge a man by the size of his shed, but by how many toys he has IN that shed
subi_man
Valued Contributor

Postby hiluxglenn on Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:25 pm

Racer wrote:Ok...

I fart assed around with Nokia this morning and still no action, due to my phone being less than 30 days old I had it replaced as the bluetooth "wouldn't work". I received the new phone (Nokia 6220 Classic)....attempted to connect it and it would not work either :evil:

So I rang the MMAL Customer Care line where it got a bit technical with them..they shonked me back to the Dealer....the salesman made a few enquiries with Service Dept...MMAL released a technical bulletin advising that the bluetooth system does not work with some of the newer modern phones and they are currently creating a patch/upgrade with the Bluetooth System supplier.....

Just though this would be handy info for others in the same boat....

Stay tuned..

im having the same issues with my nokia 6210 and the hilux bluetooth system.
i have had 3 new phones now through optus, due to less than 30 days old thing and same thing everytime
im still tossing up what to do, might have to wait and see if toyota do the same thing
Glenn
i dont need sex, work f#*ks me everyday!!!!!!!!
hiluxglenn

Postby Racer on Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:46 pm

I think you will find thats just a Hilux problem Glenn :twisted: ( I can say that cause I am a former Hilux owner)
09 ML GLX-R 3.2
Racer

Postby hiluxglenn on Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:27 pm

dont start another war racer!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:
it could end in tears

any other phone i try on the stereo hooks up straight away
this model phone wont do it
weird

Glenn
hiluxglenn

Postby Racer on Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:37 pm

It must be the same/similar setup I would say....
09 ML GLX-R 3.2
Racer

Postby mad992 on Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:51 pm

ive got a nokia 6300 classic no problems here guys all good ;)
mad992

Postby FreestyleCab on Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:26 pm

Racer wrote:I think you will find thats just a Hilux problem Glenn :twisted: ( I can say that cause I am a former Hilux owner)

Lock this thread now!

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Brett
FreestyleCab

Postby Quinny on Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:49 pm

My N95 8Gb connects ok - but I can't adjust the volume. If I use the AUX cable, volume is great but I have to use the microphone on the phone...Not the remote one up near the visor....(- not great when the phone is sitting in the glove box :? )
Never argue with an idiot ... they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ...
Quinny
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Mattr177 on Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:30 pm

I have a Nokia 6500 slide and have no issues at all, and the better half has a N95 and to date no issues with her's either......... Touch wood
Mattr177

Postby Adz on Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:25 am

Mine connects fine, its just the volume that is giving me the irrits!!
Adz

Postby hiluxglenn on Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:15 am

hey racer,
when you switch car on, if it doesnt pair up, try switching bluetooth off on your phone, wait a couple of seconds and switch back on, it should then pair up.
might have to try it a few times but it is working for me
hope this helps ya
Glenn
hiluxglenn

Postby Racer on Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:12 pm

hiluxglenn wrote:hey racer,
when you switch car on, if it doesnt pair up, try switching bluetooth off on your phone, wait a couple of seconds and switch back on, it should then pair up.
might have to try it a few times but it is working for me
hope this helps ya
Glenn

Tried it all Glenn......awaiting this upgrade from Mitsu when it arrives...
09 ML GLX-R 3.2
Racer

Postby Storm Trooper on Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:31 pm

got a blackberry 8300 and its sweet as, i adjust the volume on the phone to the level i want and its works . . . :)

the best part is when my cousin is with us in the triton and someone calls me.... :lol: :lol: :lol: i answer it he reaches over and turns up the volume using the stereo knob :lol: :lol: :lol: i laugh everytime :lol: :lol: :lol:
i vote for a html version of the Gasa strip in between the 2 sites. then the goons who wanna get all parochial about their trucks can chuck rocks and shit at each other. by cyberhonky on Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:37 am
Storm Trooper

Postby Eelesy on Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:25 am

Has anyone that has already had their bluetooth stuff up and had the box fixed/replaced found that its doing it again??

I have never had a problem with my samsung phone connecting and holding a connection after it was fixed up untill about a week ago. now it cant even find the parrot unit?
I'm not dead
Eelesy

Postby Racer on Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:06 am

I just spoke with my dealer in relation to the bluetooth not working with my model phone. The service tech told me that they are removing the module and sending it to Sydney to have it updated.HOWEVER this is done at the cost of the consumer as its a merely a software upgrade not a warranty issue....
09 ML GLX-R 3.2
Racer

Next

Return to Electrical