Scangauge

Re: Scangauge

Postby NowForThe5th on Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:28 am

The settings, or the links to the settings, are all in this thread, Alex. Just go back 2 pages.

Viking Shippy, you too.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby al coholic on Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:30 am

GLX-R Alex wrote:Can someone put up the scangauge settings procedure for a xgauge to display boost. I've done it previously but it's now no showing up.

It's not an xgauge thing, you have to go into the settings and change from map to psi or something like that??
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Postby NowForThe5th on Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:37 am

No, Ben, you set it up as an X-Gauge. Brett (FSC) did them years ago. Links to his sheets are two pages back and include tables for atmospheric pressure at various altitudes. That way you get a zero starting point.
Chris

NowForThe5th

Postby al coholic on Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:57 am

I've never done that on either of mine and get a boost reading??

So the xgauge one is a bit more accurate then by the sounds of it?? I'd imagine the boost reading I'm getting is straight from the ECU anyway, has to be close enough.....
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Postby viking shippy on Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:17 pm

I set up my scanguage with
Deisel rail pressure today.
Works well .thanks guys..
What scale of measurement is it in btw.
I Couldn't find any other guages that work..
viking shippy

Postby Calblitzen on Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:06 pm

I've set up a few of the x gauges, will try to remember this week to list them. The boost one I use if I remember correctly takes into account the atmosphere pressure.
No matter what life throws at you, SMILE.

Better to be looking at it, than looking for it.
Calblitzen

Postby viking shippy on Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:32 pm

Calblitzen wrote:I've set up a few of the x gauges, will try to remember this week to list them. The boost one I use if I remember correctly takes into account the atmosphere pressure.

I found that one... but didn't bother cause i spend most of my time at sea level..any others? Would be great...mate
viking shippy

Postby sheepo on Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:41 pm

Hi I have been trying to figure out the scan gauge saying 'not ready' when u check for codes my mates triton comes up with 'ready 'and he gets great fuel economy I have checked it out with an other scanner and that says the Comprehensive Component Monitor is incomplete and other search's I have done on this say some sensor is not working right I just have to find out which one , it does not come up with any codes stored must just be a sensor just out for range to finish the check the computer does
My theory any way
Like to here peoples thoughts
Cheers Peter
Peter
08 VR
sheepo

Re: Can't find it? Ask here FIRST, before you start a new th

Postby tritonliz on Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:00 pm

Just setting up Scangauge for first time. I put in price per litre etc for fuel and filled up tank..havn't got down to quarter full yet to refill and put other info in but if I do press Gauge all it shows is a load of squares, as though some info should be there but isn't// is this right? Doesn't seem so...
tritonliz

Postby Cowboy Dave on Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:51 pm

The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Re: Can't find it? Ask here FIRST, before you start a new th

Postby coughy on Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:27 am

tritonliz wrote:Just setting up Scangauge for first time. I put in price per litre etc for fuel and filled up tank..havn't got down to quarter full yet to refill and put other info in but if I do press Gauge all it shows is a load of squares, as though some info should be there but isn't// is this right? Doesn't seem so...

unplug it and replug it liz if that dont work you will have to do a reset to factory

sounds like you have made a custom gauge and corrupted another factory setting
easy as i said restore to factory and start again
that is what happened to me any how.
now mine is great..
Read this First ;) ;)Then still cant find what you are after
Use this Second ;) ;)Then still no Joy Go Here
Look in this thread 8-) 8-)
coughy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby croc.me on Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:14 am

My scanguage took a few tanks till it started working properly (Gauge said I used 40L, when actually it was 59L), despite following instructions correctly. Then one tank fill it just started displaying meaningful numbers. It's gone from being 20L out to less than 2L out now. I know it should still be more accurate, but it's fixing itself :lol:
croc.me

Postby Cowboy Dave on Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:39 am

When you're first calibrating the fuel fill ups the trick is to enter an incorrect figure which is half way between reality and what the scangauge guesses. So if the scangauge says you used 40 litres, and you fill it with 20, enter 30 on the scangauge. I don't know why this works but it will get the scangauge to accurate consumption figures much quicker than using proper numbers.

But Liz sounded like she had more fundamental problems with hers since none of the other gauges were working.

Which reminds me, if you didn't already know Liz, once on the gauges display page, each of the 4 tops buttons will cycle through the available gauges so maybe if you didn't choose what you wanted to see first it wouldn't display properly?

Cowboy Dave

Postby tritonliz on Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:50 pm

Cowboy Dave wrote:When you're first calibrating the fuel fill ups the trick is to enter an incorrect figure which is half way between reality and what the scangauge guesses. So if the scangauge says you used 40 litres, and you fill it with 20, enter 30 on the scangauge. I don't know why this works but it will get the scangauge to accurate consumption figures much quicker than using proper numbers.

But Liz sounded like she had more fundamental problems with hers since none of the other gauges were working.

Which reminds me, if you didn't already know Liz, once on the gauges display page, each of the 4 tops buttons will cycle through the available gauges so maybe if you didn't choose what you wanted to see first it wouldn't display properly?

Thanks guys, had to reset it and have file dup fuel again and will see if it works, pain in arse to set up but guess once done it will be all good..
tritonliz

Postby smlr on Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:05 pm

Does anyone know if you can get EGR up on scangauge
smlr

Postby NowForThe5th on Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:17 pm

NowForThe5th wrote:Haven't been able to find the codes for the air temp sensor at the MAF, however, for those with a Scangauge, these codes apparenty work to give commanded EGR

Commanded EGR(%)
TXD: 07E0012C
RXF: 0441052C0000
RXD: 2808
MTH: 006400FF0000
NAM: EGR
Chris

NowForThe5th

Postby smlr on Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:04 pm

Thanks heaps
smlr

Postby Kingjw2001 on Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:36 pm

Can someone please tell me if these things are plug and play? From reading a bit of this they sound like more trouble then worth. Will they effect warranty?
Kingjw2001

Postby NowForThe5th on Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:48 pm

Plug and play? Yes, to the extent that they're pre-programmed to give a certain set of readings. For the ScanGauge you can extend this set to include other readings as well but you need the codes. Most of those are in the ScanGauge thread.

No, it won't affect warranty.
Chris

NowForThe5th

Postby Kingjw2001 on Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:59 pm

Thank you.
Kingjw2001

Postby BILLC on Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:24 am

Hi Guys,

Should the boost fluctuate while driving? my set up is going up to 16/18psi then dropping back to about 8psi as the revs increase ?
Is this caused by the VGT or have i done something wrong? as all other turbo cars I have had will get to the set boost and stay there until I back off the accelerator ?
BILLC

Postby Cowboy Dave on Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:56 am

It's normal for it to fluctuate

Cowboy Dave

Postby NowForThe5th on Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:06 am

Yeah, normal. Some gauges sample over a longer time span so as to reduce the fluctuations that you see.
Chris

NowForThe5th

Postby BILLC on Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:55 am

Thanks guys..
BILLC

Postby Sav_1 on Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:36 pm

If this has been covered I'm sorry. Triton started surging a few days ago but never threw a code or a CEL. Today it did and my Scangauge says there is a code but won't display a code and when I try to clear it, it says Not Responding. Any ideas on how to get this to work?
Sav_1

PreviousNext

Return to Electrical