Scangauge

Re: Scangauge

Postby sheepo on Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:57 pm

hi fitted my scangauge and my map reading says 143 this does not sound right to me any clues?
thanks in advants? peter
Peter
08 VR
sheepo

Postby snowman on Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:32 pm

NTBB,

if you have your gauge calibrated to read 0.0 at off then it will run neg pressure under very light throttle percentages.

dont forget that some days, depending on barometric pressure, the scanguage wont always read 0.0 when not running, althougth it may have the day before. splitting hairs though.
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby maxtriton on Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:42 pm

Just got my scangauge today plan on installing tonight, i'm thinking the OBD Connector is behind the passenger side kick panel?? Any tips on install would be good too. Cheers.
maxtriton

Postby Steane on Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:18 pm

maxtriton wrote:Just got my scangauge today plan on installing tonight, i'm thinking the OBD Connector is behind the passenger side kick panel?? Any tips on install would be good too. Cheers.

I think it's just above your left knee on the drivers side bottom edge of the dashboard from memory.

I ran the cable on mine back up under the dash and over the steering column, then used velcro to sit it in the front/centre of the dash. Sits in there neatly and is easy to see, you can even set it for blue background lighting to suit the rest of the instruments if you have an ML. Only thing it blocks is the odometer.

I got the idea from another forum member and seem to recall that there was a topic on this forum with some pics of that type of install, and possibly others.
Steane
Platinum Subscriber

Postby sheepo on Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:53 pm

i fitted mine on the steering colum and just lowered the steering colum to see dash clearly
Peter
08 VR
sheepo

Postby Joe on Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:24 am

Had my Scangauge for a couple of months now and am happy with it except for one thing. Have filled up about five time noe and everytime I have to adjust the litres used. Is this right, or should it be calibrated by now. From what I can tell reading the manual, I shouldn't have to adjust it after the second fill, so what am I doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated because the trip computer is far better and give alot more info than the standard GLX-R thingy and I'd like to be able to rely on it.
Dad
----
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
Joe

Postby subi_man on Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:52 am

Mine is the same Joe - for some reason it varies all over the place. Are you adjusting it by much each time?
Andrew

Never judge a man by the size of his shed, but by how many toys he has IN that shed
subi_man
Valued Contributor

Postby 4wd26 on Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:59 am

Mine is also the same.
Don't adjust to the exact liters or you will have to change each time.

i.e. say you put 70lts in and the guage says 50, I'll change up to 60.

the next fill might read 65 when I put in 70, so go up to 68.

From then on it still does fluctuate but is reasonable accurate- its been like this since new (over 2 years)

the more you try and get it accurate, the more you chase the magic number......
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

Postby Joe on Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:08 am

Thanks guys.

Today I filled up with 56 litres and it said 112, so doulbe the amount?
Dad
----
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
Joe

Scangauge

Postby Cowboy Dave on Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:22 am

Worst I had was 150 litres. Decided I couldn't be bothered any more after that. Just seems silly when it knows my tank is only 75 litres...
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby 4wd26 on Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:40 am

joe1234 wrote:Thanks guys.

Today I filled up with 56 litres and it said 112, so doulbe the amount?

I would have gone down to 75 lts.
If you adjust it to 56, then next time it would give 25 lt used

I'll have to check my figure (it adjusts on the screen with the fuel) somewhere about 44% from memory???
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

Postby FreestyleCab on Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:25 pm

Mine hovers around 53 to 55%

A few times I have filled up and my ScanGauge has been within a 0.5 of a litre. Other times it's out by 5.......
I often wonder if it is the ScanGauges problem or am I being ripped off by the bowser due its poor calibration??
Brett
FreestyleCab

Postby norto on Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:27 pm

I'm not sure how it calculates fuel useage....maybe by the TPS .
Mine is extremely accurate after a lot of fiddling but still
shows the same L/HK whether i'm towing or not even though im using more than
twice as much fuel when towing
Pete
norto

Postby GLX-R Alex on Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:02 pm

Steane wrote:
maxtriton wrote:Just got my scangauge today plan on installing tonight, i'm thinking the OBD Connector is behind the passenger side kick panel?? Any tips on install would be good too. Cheers.

I think it's just above your left knee on the drivers side bottom edge of the dashboard from memory.

I ran the cable on mine back up under the dash and over the steering column, then used velcro to sit it in the front/centre of the dash. Sits in there neatly and is easy to see, you can even set it for blue background lighting to suit the rest of the instruments if you have an ML. Only thing it blocks is the odometer.

I got the idea from another forum member and seem to recall that there was a topic on this forum with some pics of that type of install, and possibly others.

Here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq2RrYfp-v0
GLX-R Alex

Postby awill4x4 on Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:32 pm

The particularly interesting thing I was looking at was the inlet air temp and how quickly it climbed to 50+C on the 2nd go. I'd love to see the inlet air temps on a long haul uphill under load. To me that video clearly shows how inefficient the intercooler actually is.
Does anyone know if the Scangauge will work in an 07 Pajero? I've contacted the distributor and he cannot say one way or the other but seeing both engines are basically the same common rail versions I don't see why it shouldn't work on my Paj.
Is there anyone on the Eastern side of Melbourne (I live in Berwick) that would be prepared to plug one in my Paj to see if it works? If it does, then I've got to get me one of those it will be a great tool when I build an intercooler for it.
Regards Andrew.
awill4x4

Postby reeldreamer on Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:02 pm

Can anyone tell me how to set the boost reading to 0.0 at idle and change it to read PSI instead of MAP? I changed it in the units setting but still says MAP and the boost is sitting at 1bar at idle which is obvious becasue of atmospheric pressure but i want to set it to 0.0 if possible.

Mitch
Bash plates and other cool gear from Prestige Offroad Accessories

http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=80
reeldreamer

Postby johnnie5 on Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:59 pm

iirc boost is an x gauge setting and you need to put an offset in so it starts from 0
x gauge settings allow you to label the name anything you like
johnnie5

Postby subi_man on Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:39 am

reeldreamer wrote:Can anyone tell me how to set the boost reading to 0.0 at idle and change it to read PSI instead of MAP? I changed it in the units setting but still says MAP and the boost is sitting at 1bar at idle which is obvious becasue of atmospheric pressure but i want to set it to 0.0 if possible.

Mitch

follow these directions to set up an x-gauge boost readout

http://www.scangauge.com.au/support/pdf ... 0Boost.pdf

hope that helps
Andrew

Never judge a man by the size of his shed, but by how many toys he has IN that shed
subi_man
Valued Contributor

Postby reeldreamer on Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:20 am

Thanks for the tips guys got it licked ;) Only question is has anyone configured the KW setting? If is it accurate as mine reads up around 700kw under load.......i knew she had some grunt but not that much! :lol:

Mitch
Bash plates and other cool gear from Prestige Offroad Accessories

http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=80
reeldreamer

Postby johnnie5 on Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:41 am

awill4x4 wrote:

The particularly interesting thing I was looking at was the inlet air temp and how quickly it climbed to 50+C on the 2nd go. I'd love to see the inlet air temps on a long haul uphill under load. To me that video clearly shows how inefficient the intercooler actually is.
Does anyone know if the Scangauge will work in an 07 Pajero? I've contacted the distributor and he cannot say one way or the other but seeing both engines are basically the same common rail versions I don't see why it shouldn't work on my Paj.
Is there anyone on the Eastern side of Melbourne (I live in Berwick) that would be prepared to plug one in my Paj to see if it works? If it does, then I've got to get me one of those it will be a great tool when I build an intercooler for it.
Regards Andrew.

iirc law states OBDII port from about 2004 onwards in all vehicles

so shouldnt be a problem
johnnie5

Postby sjptools on Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:09 pm

Hi all, have finally gotten around to looking at additional xgauges for the scangauge the following I've added todayis for the Diesel Fuel pressure rail.

TXD 07 DF 01 23
RXF 04 41 85 23
RXD 28 10
MTH 03 E8 27 10
TAG FRP

NOTE THE TAG OF FRP AS OPPOSED TO FPR WHICH IS BUILT IN FOR PETROL CARS, WHICH DOES NOT WORK AS IT IS NOT AN ACTIVE PID FOR THE TRITON

P.S. the output should be around 33 MPa at idle, rising as engine speed increases....
sjptools

Postby sjptools on Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:01 pm

bump :)
sjptools

Scangauge

Postby JamoGLXR on Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:26 pm

I use mine for temps air intake, water temp, speed adjusted for bigger tyres and boost or RPM.

Does that answer your bump?
"You'll Never Walk Alone"
JamoGLXR

Postby sjptools on Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:50 pm

not exactly just wondering if any one was interested in monitoring their High pressure rail ;)
sjptools

Postby sen on Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:28 pm

Great stuff sjptools. I am ordering a scangauge tonight and high pressure rails is one thing I want to monitor.
Triton MN GLX-R 2010 Diesel Auto
http://www.fuelly.com/driver/Sen/triton-mn-glxr
Show Pony
sen

PreviousNext

Return to Electrical