15,000 Service

Discussion on servicing, engine oils, gearbox oils, diff oils etc

Re: 15,000 Service

Postby ML-VR08 on Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:47 pm

Just had the 15000kms done... $317.75 everything checked and filled up etc... great service gave it a little wash (with the hose) finally some good service...completed all the necessary hotline fixes i spoke to them about...very happy :)
ML-VR08

Postby Homer on Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:18 pm

Just got 15,000 done $246 and I supplied oil.

Got rung by 'the girl' who does the ringing.
"Your car is ready but we found it needs a wheel alignment".
"Really I had a wheel alignment done yesterday" (they didn't even notice the tyre black - love that stuff hey Blue)
"Oh well I guess they made a mistake".
"Yes I think so".

Go to pick it up.
Girl again:
The engine tick is just a normal characteristic for this vehicle.
We charged extra $55 to check the cruise control - because it is non genuine - and found no problems.
We charged $55 to check the squeak in your rear springs because you have a suspension modification. You must remove the modification and we will check for the squeak again.

Your hum and vibration is your transfer case. It must be removed and worked on. Your car will be off the road for a minimum of one week - sorry no hire or courtesy vehicle supplied.

I called for the service manager when she got uppity when I said I wasn't paying for the cruise or suspension 'check'.

Had an 'attitude adjusting' talk with the service manager.
Turns out:
Yes there is apparently an issue (as we know) with some petrol engines, but at present they haven't been told what it is. Mine is very quiet compared to some (I knew that). They have had some success with Wynns engine oil additive :?:

The spring squeak fix for any vehicle that already has it - and for standard '08 models onwards is gernie the hell out of them and apply some grease - grease is an extra this stealer throws in - some don't.

Be careful when oiling the uni filter - post in uni filter thread.

The transfer case has a bearing or chain problem that requires removal and repair quite soon - but should be fine for Fraser Island trip this weekend.
Last time I got towed off Fraser, half my transfer case was hanging out the bottom of my MK :lol:

Patto, I could be in your shoes this weekend ;)
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

15,000km service completed

Postby borngeek on Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:38 pm

Just had mine done by diff dealer that i bought car from (the other mob made me angry :evil: )
luckily living in city gives me 4 or so close enough options 8-)

This mob were OK!

Only replace oil filter, drain plug gasket and put in "Magnatec PROF 1540" oil..
They topped up fluids and gave me some detergent for the windscreen.

Log book tyre kick performed all up $337.. not cheapest but not over the top i felt. (should be at least $80 cheaper IMO)

They "cleaned and lubed rear supension all ok" :lol: WARRANTY.. (i already have "silencer kit"/hotline fix as mine march 09 build)

Peeling steering wheel and hard lid foam sticking to tub issue was photographed and sent to Mitsu. They will call when they hear back..

Overall positive experience with this dealer! (not sure if i can name them??)
Don't be a tool, use this: FORUM DIRECTORY

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :lol:
borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Re: 15,000km service completed

Postby mad992 on Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:18 pm

good 1 its nice when your satisfied i got a wheel alignment done with my 15000 did U :x
mad992

Postby borngeek on Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:05 am

nah no wheel alignment but it was done while in for smash repair anyway as bro in law chucked it on this laser thing to check everthing was straight... no idea what it does but it looked like expensive kit. he only put on for kicks he said totally unnecessary with the lame dint i made :roll:

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Postby snowman on Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:08 am

i am one of the believers in naming and shaming, or in this case, singing the praises of any commercial entity.

ok that may not be the official line from the mods and site owner but IMO this is the power of this website!!!

as long as it is not an emotional slag then why can't you state the costs, facts etc. of a particular service or product.

more so if it is a positive statement as it may attract people to their business.

where are you geek? Please add your location and, if in Sydney, what dealership. i'm looking to move to another but find all their pricing is VERY similiar. i just got a quote on the 30k service and if it includes 'tappet adjustment' it was $800 dollars. An absolute f8cking rip off if you ask me.

Shit they built and SOLD me the whole car for 40k including all on road costs!!!!!!! So Mits probably made the car and landed it here for no more than 30k. so they want about 3% of the total build cost just to change the oil!!!!!!! WTF. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Last edited by snowman on Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby borngeek on Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:09 am

Hey Snowman,
Yeah i am in Sydney!

I used Sydney City Mits. (link road opp holden in roseberry/zetland)..

The mob i bought the car from were just across the bridge (artarmon) wasnt excited by their service and care taken (especially after spending my coin on the truck there :roll: ). The mechanics left grease on door trims, didnt check things i asked for and desk staff were generally rude.. They cleaned it after i made a commotion about grease in my brand new truck. To be honest the head mechanic and manager tried very hard to please me after the 'incidents' but in the end its wasnt good enough so i voted with my feet. :mrgreen:

The Sydney City bunch SMS when yr truck ready and explain the bill and are polite and actually listen/act/report on what I was concerned about.. They also were the ones who updated my ECU while i waited and havent said anything about the EGR blank yet.. The service manager is an actual mechanic!! He didnt bullshit me and got me happily out the door fast.

From reading thru some of the prices people paid here they are average in price too!

Only critism is they dont do a wash, but i am fussy about who cleans my cars and use the same crew.
It was pretty clean when i dropped it anyway! (well as clean as you can make a black one..) :ugeek:

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Postby new44 on Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:49 pm

Just been quoted $273 In Albury at the dealer.
new44

Postby Cowboy Dave on Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:36 pm

borngeek wrote:Only critism is they dont do a wash, but i am fussy about who cleans my cars and use the same crew.
It was pretty clean when i dropped it anyway! (well as clean as you can make a black one..) :ugeek:

Who do you use to wash your car? Could use a recommendation.

I think I bought mine from the same dealer as you - I think I'll follow you to Sydney City for the service as well...
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby mad992 on Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:42 pm

yeah i agree dont let the dealership wash your car, the pimply lil 2nd year mech washes it with his snot-rag full of grit and grease and creates more swirls and paint damage than it had before the wash :o
mad992

Postby AUSCAM on Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:10 am

RANG AROUND FOR 3 QUOTES FROM 3 DIFFERENT DEALERS ON NORTHSIDE OF BRISBANE FOR 15000 SERVICE.
1 - $450, 2 - $455. 2- $ 485. ULTRATUNE - $285. Log book service.
Now i know why you guys call them stealers.
AUSCAM

Postby borngeek on Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:30 am

Cowboy Dave wrote:
borngeek wrote:Only critism is they dont do a wash, but i am fussy about who cleans my cars and use the same crew.

Who do you use to wash your car? Could use a recommendation.

I think I bought mine from the same dealer as you - I think I'll follow you to Sydney City for the service as well...

I use the 'prestige' mob (scw express) on broadway (chippendale side just after abercrombie st).. Sometimes if they are busy you will need to do a once over before you leave (happen once and they put an extra guy on my ute now 8-) )
Just tell the skinny pakistani fella the guy in the black one sent you, i am regular enough now :lol:
mon-wed is discount days ;)
With them (and everyone else these days i have tried) they dont polish the 'chrome' bars... spose its a largish job. They point to issues with damage and the cleaning product has been removed from their kit by the boss :?:
They use meguiars wax and polish and cleaning products and you can get the "ultimate wax and pol with prestige external/interior cleanup" - so just shy of full detail - for $100.. (on discounts days)
Prior to clean i do a ct18 low pressure gernie engine bay, radiators, and under carriage and sussy etc.
Post I do the internal air gun cleanout and polish up bars and bits and pieces they missed when you look real close..
The truck looks slick for at least two days :lol: bloody black :roll:
This is a bi-monthly routine. :mrgreen:

Yeah i flicked the st leonards mob after 1500km service.. rude, hopeless, rant.... :oops:
Sydney city did everything i asked and have a shuttle to take you into city after 8:30am if you need a lift out of roseberry!

cheers BG :D

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Postby jimbob on Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:11 am

Got mine done on the weekend. $212 at North East Mits, SA. Quoted $250, so it was a nice surprise.
jimbob

Postby GLX-R Alex on Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:56 pm

I Get mine done at Blacktown... 15000km done of Friday... Quite good service but $$$. I asked for the Air filter to be changed and they did a tyre rotation balance and wheel alignment. Anyone got that form with the invoice with the brake test and alignment details and a pic of your truck on the rollers..hahah I like the SMS to my phone when its ready.

BUT $590 bucks aint cheap and i thank god its a fully maintained lease with the company.
GLX-R Alex

Postby borngeek on Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:56 am

GLX-R Alex wrote:I Get mine done at Blacktown... 15000km done of Friday... Quite good service but $$$. I asked for the Air filter to be changed and they did a tyre rotation balance and wheel alignment. Anyone got that form with the invoice with the brake test and alignment details and a pic of your truck on the rollers..hahah I like the SMS to my phone when its ready.

BUT $590 bucks aint cheap and i thank god its a fully maintained lease with the company.

yikes 600 bux! :shock: :shock:

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Postby al coholic on Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:11 pm

Got 15k service done today at Lithgow Mitsubishi (D&J Ford) These guys were terrific!!! :D Quoted me $290 for the service or $210 if i supplied my own oil, which i did, 10L of Penrite HPR 15 was $70 at supercrap and a better oil than the Castrol dealer stuff IMO. I did have to fork out for a new air cleaner though, it was completly clogged with dust after only 15k and thats with getting cleaner air through the snorkel up at the roof line :shock:

The head mechanic went right over the truck and was checking things left right and centre, even the kiddie seats and anchor points. Makes you feel better knowing they are that thorough. :D

He did however have a big issue with the bullbar/brush rails/ side steps. In his opinion, he thought they may not allow the airbags to work properly, more in a low impact prang, he thought they may go off where they may not of otherwise............i can see his point......but.....the barwork is not coming off.

But i would definately recommend this dealer and they seem to be one of the cheaper dealers according to the previous posts, and much much much better service than the mob i bought the truck from on the other side of the mountains........ :evil: :evil:
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Postby waveriders on Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:21 pm

I had mine done last Wednesday, total cost was $380. Told the dealer that I thought that it was expensive for an oil change, he told me it's more than that and I responded by saying that it's not much more than that.
Won't be rushing back but I need to find somewhere reliable on the coast as my old mechanic has moved on.

The one goo dthing they did was fix the rear diff lock. They originally told me that there were no parts in Australia but they found a vehicle with a rear diff lock and took the pump from that, so if there is some one out there waiting for a vehicle with a diff lock you maybe waiting a bit longer.
waveriders

Postby Rienoh on Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:58 pm

bseymore wrote:I just had mine serviced today at the stealer.

$446.95 WTF

Included:

$110.00 for Magnatec SP 5W40 Oil
$45.48 for filter
$198.00 for labour

I feel violated....... :evil:

They blame the high labour cost here in Townsville on the mines taking all the good mechanics!

Mate you did get ripped off!!!

I only got charged $442.90.
Rienoh

Postby sierra on Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:23 pm

Rienoh wrote:
bseymore wrote:
Mate you did get ripped off!!!

I only got charged $442.90.

Got a firm price for my 15,000km service.
$193.50 with me supplying the oil. That's the $215 quoted less 10% for a current special.
sierra

Postby greeny03 on Sat May 01, 2010 8:15 am

$209.20 for service at 15000km! Very happy!! :) Seems the guy who quoted gave quote on petrol jobbie. He wrote price in next to the booking and they honored it. ;) :o
VR Triton
greeny03

Postby mad992 on Tue May 11, 2010 12:10 pm

greeny03 wrote:$209.20 for service at 15000km! Very happy!! :) Seems the guy who quoted gave quote on petrol jobbie. He wrote price in next to the booking and they honored it. ;) :o

wow thats a score greeny, they will pick it up next service , trust me your name has an asterix next to it :lol:
mad992

Postby Cowboy Dave on Tue May 11, 2010 12:54 pm

mad992 wrote:trust me your name has an asterix next to it :lol:

Wish I could see that:
Asterix_the_gaul4.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby Snooozy on Sat May 29, 2010 5:03 pm

Had my 15k service today. Dealer in Seymour Vic.
When I booked it in I asked the price, was told $230. After reading the posts thought that wasn't too severe.

After waiting around at the stealers for two hours, the woman behind the service counter said it was all ready.

"That's $341.05 thanks"

Oil filter $46.57
Sump gasket $1.64
Washer additive $0.87
Oil & Grease $71.86
Labour $180
Workshop supplies x 2 $4.55 WTF
GST $31.00

I didn't even get new wiper blades.

WHAT!!! I was quoted $230. :o "No that's the price" she said. It includes the Saturday surcharge.

I was not told of any surcharge. I had the option of during the week (if my wife dropped the car off)
I don't completely disagree if they are paying penalty rates for the mechanic, but I would like to be told. The surcharge was only about $11. So that doesn't account for much of the $111.05 price difference.

I will be calling the service manager Monday morning (he wasn't working today) to air my protest at the price & if that doesn't work I'll be writing to the dealer principle.

My wife has her Holden serviced at the same stealer & if we don't get some satisfaction they wont see that car again, or my Tri.

You cannot get away with this sort of rip off in a country town-word will get out, & I will make sure of it. :x

Well that's my rant for now.

Ian.
Snooozy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Joe on Sat May 29, 2010 5:24 pm

IMCAD wrote:Workshop supplies x 2 $4.55 WTF

That would be the sausage roll and a donut that the head mechanic had for morning tea IMCAD :? .
Dad
----
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
Joe

Postby sierra on Sat May 29, 2010 5:39 pm

Sounds as if they should have said $330 not $230. Then the $11 for Saturday works and the rest of it too.
They certainly didn't even remove the wheels on mine for the 15,000km service. Best to confirm the price when you get there, just to be safe from their little lapses of memory!
sierra

PreviousNext

Return to Servicing