Price For 30K Service

Discussion on servicing, engine oils, gearbox oils, diff oils etc

Re: Price For 30K Service

Postby srb on Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:33 pm

What's this?? :shock: Dealers lying to customers?? :shock: Who would have thought that? Well I just can't believe it? Wow! :lol:

It's a pity you didn't get it in writing Brodie? If not then you're probably screwed sadly. :-?
TO SEE HOW TO HAVE A TRIP OF A LIFE TIME v
http://www.exploroz.com/Members/281229. ... x#mptabs=2
http://www.flickr.com/photos/exploroz/

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly know how far they can go.
srb
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Lee-thal on Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:27 pm

Was it written in your contract when you purchased it?
On the first page of your service book is the box ticked to say yes or no to capped price service?
Lee-thal

Postby brodical on Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:20 pm

I haven't got my contract with me here in vic ATM but I asked the dealer to pull there contract and have. Look to see if it specifies that this vehicle does not come with capped servicing as this was one of my first thoughts also...he said that his contract doesn't specify either way but still holds firm that being ex demo that it doesn't.....any one else out there got a demo model with capped servicing ???was at leongatha Mitsubishi today and they quoted me $660 for the 30k $330 for parts plus that again for labour .to which I was very surprised and Said shit that's cheap...my other Mitsubishi quote was $1080 ....even uncapped that's a fair price I think for 30k service and they were great to deal with...while I was there had her on the mut3 for an SQL $30 all good...this morning did my own in between service oil and filters penrite hpr 5 ..10l $69 repco cheapest I've seen it ...and ADR approved oil filters for $26 ... That actaully state on the box that they exceed specs and will not void any warranty.....go figure ...
Choices we make not the chances we take determine who we are...
brodical

Postby Lee-thal on Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:29 am

Did they quote to do the valves?? That is VERY VERY cheap for the service with Valves,
Lee-thal

Postby brodical on Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:01 am

Yep and in the parts list was a kit for the valves..seals or something ..
brodical

Postby Lee-thal on Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:23 pm

WOW, that is ridiculously cheap,
Lee-thal

Postby brodical on Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:36 pm

I reckon !!!!!and they were great to deal with too...
brodical

Postby BubbaMc on Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:27 am

Posted this in the wrong thread, so I'll repost it here:

Was quoted $1210.40 by Southside for a 30,000km service (with valve clearance check).

Sounds a bit steep no?

Can I take it elsewhere and keep my warranty in tact? Local mechanic has quoted $535.
BubbaMc

Postby biggibbo on Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:17 pm

Take it wherever you like as long as they do the complete service and use genuine parts you won't have any warranty dramas.

Check that the price quoted includes the valve clearance check as that alone is a few hundred dollars plus parts
biggibbo

Postby PhatVelvet on Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:09 pm

I was told by dealer I'd they don't do the service yearly then the diamond roadside assist will not be rrenewed. It's for 5yrs Australia, so long as the dealer does the book services.
PhatVelvet

Postby biggibbo on Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:44 pm

Roadside assist yes, needs a yearly visit to a dealer

Warranty no

Cheaper to spend the $120 on NRMA/RACV etc and save a few hundred in servicing IMO
biggibbo

Postby Cowboy Dave on Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:06 pm

I imagine if you were worried about it you could get the dealer to do an oil change or something in between major services.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby baito on Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:46 am

So booked 30,000 service for next thurs, capped at $595 including valves, so hopefully it gets done right, I made sure I asked about valves and said I would drop it off wed night... See how we go, might put white out on some bolts which need to be removed and see what happens
baito

Postby PhatVelvet on Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:00 pm

Same boat as you baito, cars booked in for 30k on Tuesday. When I booked it in they quoted $1190 until I asked about capped price servicing and it changed to $590. Also mentioned that capped price servicing only lasts till 60k
PhatVelvet

Postby Colsha on Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:31 pm

Yeah mine is a demo and I was told I'd get capped price servicing. Mine is going to be over by more than 2500km so probably going to have to pay a fortune. Nothing I can do though. Can't afford to get it done and I need to get to work daily (100k each way)
Colsha

Postby baito on Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:09 pm

Triton 30,000 km service done today, all good, a job well done at Epping Preston motors
Cheers
baito

Postby PhatVelvet on Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:03 pm

Had my 30k on Tuesday. Capped at $590, drives and sounds heaps better after having valves adjusted. Little bit peeved at a few things and wouldn't mind some opinions...
They won't replace the air filter until 45k unless it's at my expense. I wouldn't think the average life of a paper air filter is 2+ years... I was led to believe when I purchased the vehicle that capped price servicing meant the car would be serviced properly and receive the treatment it requires under said capped price.
My other annoyance with the whole thing is that they 'reccomended the aircon needs servicing, power steering fluid flushed and an injector service. But these things would be at my expense. I asked if they require these things to be done at 30k then they should be either under warranty as something is wrong or covered under capped price. The response was that there's nothing wrong with the car, the service is 100%. But we reccomend you get these things done...

Also got the downshift issue recorded and they did the oil swap and said to monitor it.
PhatVelvet

Postby destorman on Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:51 am

PhatVelvet wrote: ... My other annoyance with the whole thing is that they 'reccomended the aircon needs servicing, power steering fluid flushed and an injector service. But these things would be at my expense. I asked if they require these things to be done at 30k then they should be either under warranty as something is wrong or covered under capped price. The response was that there's nothing wrong with the car, the service is 100%. But we reccomend you get these things done...

Ah, you got the 'do you want fries with that' customer (cough cough) service spin. You lucky bugger you ...
The best surfer is the one having the most fun ... :mrgreen:
destorman

Postby destorman on Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:58 am

brodical wrote:I haven't got my contract with me here in vic ATM but I asked the dealer to pull there contract and have. Look to see if it specifies that this vehicle does not come with capped servicing as this was one of my first thoughts also...he said that his contract doesn't specify either way but still holds firm that being ex demo that it doesn't.....any one else out there got a demo model with capped servicing ???was at leongatha Mitsubishi today and they quoted me $660 for the 30k $330 for parts plus that again for labour .to which I was very surprised and Said shit that's cheap...my other Mitsubishi quote was $1080 ....even uncapped that's a fair price I think for 30k service and they were great to deal with...while I was there had her on the mut3 for an SQL $30 all good...this morning did my own in between service oil and filters penrite hpr 5 ..10l $69 repco cheapest I've seen it ...and ADR approved oil filters for $26 ... That actaully state on the box that they exceed specs and will not void any warranty.....go figure ...

Mate, it sounds like the stealer is pulling the wool ...

Have a look here: http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com.au/customer-assistance/capped-priced-servicing

And note these ...

New vehicles sold from 1st October 2012 are eligible under the program. National, Government and rental vehicle customers are not eligible and additional exclusions may apply. Mitsubishi Motors Australia Limited (MMAL) may add or remove vehicles from the program, or vary terms of the program, from time to time without notice. Ask your dealer for full details.

Emphasis added by me ... ask you dealer, but it's MMAL who decides! I know who I'd be calling. MMAL customer service.

... the program is transferable with ownership and will remain with the vehicle until it expires. Remember that if you do choose to sell your Mitsubishi and it is still covered by the Capped Price Servicing Program this can support the resale value of your vehicle.

So, there is no reason why a demo vehicle, or well, any secondhand vehicle for that matter, does not have the capped price service transferred when you buy the vehicle (assuming of course it's under the other time and km conditions)

Good Luck.
destorman

Postby destorman on Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:00 am

Just for anyone looking for it, here's the full rundown on the capped price service program:

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com.au/upl ... y-0703.pdf
destorman

Postby Maxiy on Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:21 am

Had my 30k done today, got quoted $595 by the dealer (capped price) and then called my family mechanic, he said he could only go as low as $620. This mechanic has serviced all my previous cars, and has serviced my parents LUX and Cruiser for the last 20 years, family owned and run buisness so i know he will do a top job so do not mind paying that little bit more.

Have to pick it up this afternoon, he gave me a quick call this morning and said he had to get new seals etc for the rocker cover and said a few things were out of spec (i have a basic grasp of engine mechanics but most of what he said went over my head :lol: ) will post up full details when i chat with him this afternoon.

Truck has been sluggish and chewing fuel since the coolant recall, fingers crossed i have a much better performing truck when i get it back.
Maxiy

Postby kxboss on Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:28 am

Read service book, mitsi changed the valve clearance checks on some services, if the do the valves make sure they clean manifold whilst its off most will do free as it should be part of service,
kxboss

Postby Maxiy on Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:53 am

picked the truck up yesterday afternoon. Runs much better now, engine Tappet rattle is all but gone, engine sounds much smoother and MEATIER for the lack of a better word.

very happy i paid the little more, the mechanic gave me a full run down of what he had done, along with list of all work carried out and brands of consumables (i know this is normally done bu him running me through each thing was great). The mechanic that carried out the work seem genuinely passionate about his work aswell, much better than an apprentice still working out if they want to even be there :lol:

They have always done right by me and continue to do so, will be using them for as long as i live close to them.
Maxiy

Postby Robby on Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:19 am

Just had the 30k service done yesterday,I had one issue they looked at,where my ute sounds like the exhaust was blowing at low speed 3rd to 2nd. The dealer said they found loose EGR lines which were tightened ? But I still don't think it sound right?

Cheers Robby
Last edited by Robby on Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robby
Platinum Subscriber

Postby explorer.dave on Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:40 am

Maxiy wrote:picked the truck up yesterday afternoon. Runs much better now, engine Tappet rattle is all but gone, engine sounds much smoother and MEATIER for the lack of a better word.

very happy i paid the little more, the mechanic gave me a full run down of what he had done, along with list of all work carried out and brands of consumables (i know this is normally done bu him running me through each thing was great). The mechanic that carried out the work seem genuinely passionate about his work aswell, much better than an apprentice still working out if they want to even be there :lol:

They have always done right by me and continue to do so, will be using them for as long as i live close to them.

When you say "brands of consumables" are you referencing non-genuine parts? only asking as 30K service would have you with warranty and non-genuine parts can void that, apart from that it is good having a local mechanic you can trust with the work.
Better to be silent and thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt.[

[b]Penrith Panthers 2021..Finally :roll:

Posts should be like mini skirts, long enough to cover the subject matter, but short enough to keep things interesting
explorer.dave
Platinum Subscriber

PreviousNext

Return to Servicing