Price For 30K Service

Discussion on servicing, engine oils, gearbox oils, diff oils etc

Re: Price For 30K Service

Postby Greedy on Tue May 26, 2009 4:14 pm

MR T wrote:where did you go i got slugged $335 for my 15000k service at edwardstown

Mine was done at Agostino's on Main North Rd. Ring around and then try them for a price match. 8-) Worked for me. Otherwise I would have gone back to Aussie's (cheapest) but that's way out of my way to work
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy!

It ain't pretty being easy!!
Greedy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby MR T on Tue May 26, 2009 4:16 pm

think i might seems like you got a pritty resonable price
a smile is a sign of joy, a hug is a sign of love, a laugh is a sign of happiness and a friend like me...well...that's a sign of good taste.
MR T

Postby Stu on Tue May 26, 2009 4:19 pm

Greedy wrote:
Homer wrote:I've heard stories of cars being washed and vaccuumed at service free of charge. :shock: Is this all old wives tales? :?:

werribee mitsi do this
If god didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of food
Stu

Postby Homer on Wed May 27, 2009 8:21 am

Yep greedy I think most used to, but up in Bris they all stopped because of water restrictions. I'm guessing they wont start doing it again when they're lifted?
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby Greedy on Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am

Homer wrote:Yep greedy I think most used to, but up in Bris they all stopped because of water restrictions. I'm guessing they wont start doing it again when they're lifted?

Probably why they stopped it down here too. :x

Greedy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Blue on Wed May 27, 2009 12:38 pm

$479 for my 30K service including a hire car for the day ($40 billed to leaseplan)
Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt or fish.
Blue
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Homer on Wed May 27, 2009 1:40 pm

They gave you a hire car for a service Blue :shock:

Did they hit you up for the $38 per day insurance waiver?

My company has insurance to cover any excesses on hire vehicles so I don't cop the hidden extras on hire cars.

Costs probably $50 per year but is worth every penny when I smile when they sprout the $1,000 excess line and say "no thanks, it's not my car so I'm not concerned about having accidents."
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby Blue on Wed May 27, 2009 2:12 pm

Homer wrote:They gave you a hire car for a service Blue :shock:

Did they hit you up for the $38 per day insurance waiver?

My company has insurance to cover any excesses on hire vehicles so I don't cop the hidden extras on hire cars.

Costs probably $50 per year but is worth every penny when I smile when they sprout the $1,000 excess line and say "no thanks, it's not my car so I'm not concerned about having accidents."

No excess waiver, $500 if I clean someone up, which I didn't because I'm a smart, skilled and courteous driver... :mrgreen:
Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt or fish.
Blue
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Greedy on Wed May 27, 2009 2:14 pm

Blue wrote:if I clean someone up, which I didn't because I'm a smart, skilled and courteous driver... :mrgreen:

That's a recipe for disaster if driving in Adelaide. :lol:

Greedy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Blue on Wed May 27, 2009 2:30 pm

Greedy wrote:
Blue wrote:if I clean someone up, which I didn't because I'm a smart, skilled and courteous driver... :mrgreen:

That's a recipe for disaster if driving in Adelaide. :lol:

Adelaide ain't so bad - much preferred to push the semi through Adelaide than Shitney...
Blue
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Homer on Wed May 27, 2009 3:26 pm

Blue wrote:"

No excess waiver, $500 if I clean someone up, which I didn't because I'm a smart, skilled and courteous driver... :mrgreen:[/quote]

Ah you don't care it's a hire car too ;)

Mate when is the big drive to Darwin? Or has it been and gone?

Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby Blue on Wed May 27, 2009 3:40 pm

I leave on the 21st of next month and plan to arrive sometime on the 23rd... Then depart on the 12th(ish) and spend a week coming home with the kids in the car...
Blue
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Homer on Thu May 28, 2009 7:45 am

Nice time of year to do NT and NQ.

Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby Eelesy on Thu May 28, 2009 1:23 pm

Quick question, im booking my 30K service as we speak and what are peoples thoughts on removing added accessories such as Deisel chips and boost controllers???

Is this nessesary to do or not really?? and does it affect warranty having these on??

Cheers
Jason
I'm not dead
Eelesy

Postby Eelesy on Sat May 30, 2009 9:04 pm

bump....

cos no one answered my question :?
I'm not dead
Eelesy

Postby subi_man on Sat May 30, 2009 9:40 pm

I always take out my TDC Powerchip, it's only 2 mins and hopefully gives them nothing to complain about with warranty. A boost controller would not be so easy to take out, but if possible I'd be removing all evidence of performance mods (I even put a stock paper airfilter in place of my Unifilter at service time)
Andrew

Never judge a man by the size of his shed, but by how many toys he has IN that shed
subi_man
Valued Contributor

Postby snowman on Sat May 30, 2009 9:56 pm

'saurus,

i agree with subi. my question is why use mitsubishi for your servicing anyway? OK the ten year warranty is voided if you don't (that is their fine print) but you will be either showing them your mods, which will void an engine warranty if it dies anyway or you will be taking all this crap off every time you do a service.

if you go to a licensed mechanic and they use genuine or better parts then the 5 year warrant is still current. i am pretty sure your local mech wont dob you in for mods but if you have a warranty issue you can remove stuff (like the chip at least) for a warranty visit.
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Eelesy on Sun May 31, 2009 11:15 am

Yeah well thats the thing, its goin in for a service and a couple of warranty issues; steering knock and u bolts.

but i might get em to check the carbon while its there so i guess i better be removing the boost controller and chip as that affects the engine. allthough i havnt had any problems using the two yet, they will most likely try to use this as an excuse is shit goes wrong
I'm not dead
Eelesy

Postby Eelesy on Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:28 pm

well i got it back today, u bolts for the recall and new manifold. i mentioned the steering knock before and after i picked it up but they reckon they didnt find anything wrong with it? althought they did not take it for a drive.

Is this a hotline fix or is it just on complaint basis? and of those who have had it done how did u go about it?

Another thing, i now have a dent/scratch on the passenge side about 50mm long that im pretty sure wasnt there when i dropped it off. i mentioned it and they said that the vehicle has lots of scratches already to which i said, i know about them, and thats a new one, i have not noticed it before and i walk out to the vehicle towards that side every morning. but i spose i cant be 100% sure so i guess just notch up another battle scar. :evil: :evil:
I'm not dead
Eelesy

Postby Homer on Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:47 am

I just watched an apprentice reverse a customers van into the besser block wall this morning :?
Got out had a quick look at the back....quick look around and tailed it back into the workshop.

Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby jop on Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:23 am

Stu wrote:
Greedy wrote:
Homer wrote:I've heard stories of cars being washed and vaccuumed at service free of charge. :shock: Is this all old wives tales? :?:

werribee mitsi do this

Zupps capalaba do the wash, but no vacuum, i guess it takes your mind off being bent over.
At the moment mine gets a wash every 1500k's ;)
jop

Postby Neil on Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:39 pm

Hi Guys,

I just had my ML given a 30,000 service at the local dealer in Bunbury WA. $435.80 was the fee which did include a wash and shake off the floor mats. :?

They also did the shackle bolts recall and had a second shot at fixing the rear suspension squeak which looks to me that this is simply squirting CRC over the springs.

The S/manager said he did an 'audible' test only on the DiD and saw no reason tho do any adjusting. No mention was made of possible carbon build-up in the manifold.

I think I will be getting a few prices when the next book service is due, or do it myself. :o

Regards

Neil.
Neil

Postby Eelesy on Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:23 pm

mine cost $376 at Wanneroo. mine had the same audible test. but mine also had the manifold replaced with one of the new ones. no wash though, i think that was cos they didnt finish with it till 5pm
I'm not dead
Eelesy

Postby GLSTOY on Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:47 pm

speaking of services anthing does any one know where i might pick up a workshop manual for a mitsubishi triton ml gls my07 any help would be good
GLSTOY

Postby Eelesy on Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:35 pm

Im not to sure where to buy one GLSTOY.

A lot of us on here have a workshop manual that we got when a bloke hosted it for us to download a while ago. only seems to work on windows XP though
I'm not dead
Eelesy

PreviousNext

Return to Servicing