Hello all

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Hello all

Postby Cowboy Dave on Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:48 am

My first post as a new member to the forum.

Have been browsing around for a while before I bought my new Triton.

I got a silver MN GLX-R with the luxury pack - seems to have been one of the last ones around from what I can tell.

So far very happy with it, except for some issues with the factory fitted MMCS. I've fitted the Mitsubishi iPod cable (yikes 200 bucks, wish I'd read about the non genuine one beforehand) and the ipod integration is fantastic. Unfortunately the GPS is a bit ordinary and the dealer supplied whereis maps appear to be 2 editions out of date. And then there's the wiring...

I am in the process of trying to fit an aftermarket reversing camera but having no joy with the MMCS. It is built to take one, the software has references to it as does the manual. The dealer says you can only fit the camera with a mirror LCD and wants $600 for the camera and about $1,000 for the camera+mirror installed.

Right about now I'd kill for a wiring diagram (esp the pin outs on the MMCS and the wiring loom on the passenger side rear quarter panel) and a workshop manual but as it's a new model both are proving hard (impossible?) to find.

Browsing these forums is a dangerous thing - I have to keep going back to my shed profile and adding new future modifications :roll:
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Re: Hello all

Postby Trilo on Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:33 pm

Welcome Dave
I can't help you with any electrical (unless its a house light globe), but I'm sure there are some pretty smart people on here that might :D. And yes it can be dangerous browsing :o
Never argue with an idiot, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
Trilo

Postby al coholic on Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:58 pm

Welcome to the site mate, we can definately help spend all your hard earned cash on here. :D :lol: Good luck with the new ute. ;)
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Postby Tony on Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:32 pm

Welcome, You did well to find a Luxury pack. Seem to be rare as. I could only find an auto in silver so had to settle for the GLX-R with no leather or electric seats. Your findings so far on the mmcs are interesting! I'm not convinced its worth the coin yet. I also want to fit a reversing camera or at least parking sensors.

Cheers Tony.
Tony
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Cowboy Dave on Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:10 pm

GLX-R MN wrote:Welcome, You did well to find a Luxury pack. Seem to be rare as. I could only find an auto in silver so had to settle for the GLX-R with no leather or electric seats. Your findings so far on the mmcs are interesting! I'm not convinced its worth the coin yet. I also want to fit a reversing camera or at least parking sensors.

Cheers Tony.

Tony so far I am well convinced that it wasn't worth the coin - if however I could get the reverse cam going, and work out how to connect an amp to it, then maybe... sort of had to get it if I wanted the leather (which I needed to satisfy the wife) and I hadn't realised quite how ordinary the GPS would be.

Re the lux pack, well I got sick of being told it was impossible by the dealers that didn't have one, or that I'd have to wait for the shipment arriving in February for a normal one. The week before xmas I got busy with google and turned up two that were candidates, one vanilla demo job in Singleton and one luxury item in St Leonards. Couple of days later I was driving it off the lot - and straight into the parts dept and thence to ARB :roll: sad really...

Cowboy Dave

Postby Tony on Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:36 am

Cowboy Dave wrote:
GLX-R MN wrote:Welcome, You did well to find a Luxury pack. Seem to be rare as. I could only find an auto in silver so had to settle for the GLX-R with no leather or electric seats. Your findings so far on the mmcs are interesting! I'm not convinced its worth the coin yet. I also want to fit a reversing camera or at least parking sensors.

Cheers Tony.

Tony so far I am well convinced that it wasn't worth the coin - if however I could get the reverse cam going, and work out how to connect an amp to it, then maybe... sort of had to get it if I wanted the leather (which I needed to satisfy the wife) and I hadn't realised quite how ordinary the GPS would be.

Re the lux pack, well I got sick of being told it was impossible by the dealers that didn't have one, or that I'd have to wait for the shipment arriving in February for a normal one. The week before xmas I got busy with google and turned up two that were candidates, one vanilla demo job in Singleton and one luxury item in St Leonards. Couple of days later I was driving it off the lot - and straight into the parts dept and thence to ARB :roll: sad really...

The dealers told me no more luxury pack were being built or I would have waited :x A few wore must have snuck in by the looks of it.

I suppose you have noticed with the mmcs the altimeter, out side temp and trip computer are gone :x
Now you can join the rest of us on waiting on the ARB products :lol:
Tony
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Cowboy Dave on Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:49 am

I don't think they snuck in as such I think it was just down to what each dealer had - 3 of them told me I was dreaming but the 4th had one.

Yeah the missing trip functions is a real annoyance. The manual seems to show that on other models the mmcs can do some of those things so it seems they crippled it a bit when they stuck it in the Triton. Guess us ute drivers aren't expected to like such bells and whistles. Have ordered a scanguage as suggested by someone around here. That will at least cover the mileage type stuff.

About to order my ARB canopy today...

Cowboy Dave

Return to Introductions