Suggestions?

Anything Triton related

Re: Suggestions?

Postby Stu on Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:30 pm

Adz wrote:
Stu wrote:I'm not sure if it's just me but these seem to be the only forums that do it, when you click a link it opens from the page your viewing instead of a new tab?

I think you'll find this is an IE7 issue, rather than a site issue Stu. Have a look in Tools>Internet Options>Tab Settings>

In the middle is 'When a pop-up is encountered', set this to 'Always open pop-ups in a new tab' & down the bottom is 'Open new links from other programs', set this to 'A new tab in the current window'

Hope this helps. ;)

Adz, I'm using firefox & all my settings are ok, it just seems to be this site?
If god didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of food
Stu

Postby daryn on Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:28 pm

Stu wrote:I'm not sure if it's just me but these seem to be the only forums that do it, when you click a link it opens from the page your viewing instead of a new tab?

This problem lies in how people do their posting, by this I mean:

1. If you post a reply using the quickpost feature already on the page and insert a link it will open in the same page as you are viewing for readers.

2. If you choose the optional with features [POST REPLY] link you will be taken to a more featured post box with buttons for inserting the correct coding for URL's (weblinks) and in this method when clicking on the link you will be taken to a new page.

The problem itself in recognising this in Method 1. above is probably more a forum phpbb problem and not your browser.

It maybe quick to post replys using method 1 but method 2 is better for all readers.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby al coholic on Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:12 pm

Homer wrote:Would be handy to have "location" as a mandatory field so you know if it is worth posting about a product or service someone is asking about that may be local only.
As it stands 2 or 3 people ask "where are you mate" without being able to offer any sort of info on the question asked.

That would be good, maybe even just the state they are in (or country if outside oz) as mandatory and then if the user wants to let us know where in that state they live, its up to them. I think some users get worried about security and stuff if they give away too much info on the net. Would be a good feature tho.
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Postby Adz on Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:17 pm

Hi guys,

Im not sure if this has been suggested before or not, but has anyone given consideration to the possibilty of a state based 4x4 club?

Here's my suggestion:

<insert state here> 'NewTriton 4x4 Club' (i.e ACT NewTriton 4x4 Club)

This could not only give the forum greater exposure, but we could have state club meets as well as combined club meets, competitions, prizes. We could engage AndyJ for club tshirts, hats, stubby coolers, and get club stickers made up.

Each state could have a vice president (with Dave being the almighty el presidente), treasurer, secretary, trip coordinator, fundraiser/sponsorship person.

Each State could run fundraisers which could be poured back into the club to reduce prices of merchandise etc.

We could run a 'Best NewTriton 4x4 Club sticker location' competition, with prizes going to the top 5, or top 3 best locations. Each member would submit a photo of a great location the truck is with the sticker as proof.

I know this sort of stuff is not a new concept but I thought this could be a lot of fun & get our thinking caps running.

Obviously all this would need to be a lot more refined as to how it would run, but I for one would love to be a member (or committee member) of what could be one of the greatest 4x4 clubs around. ;)

Have a think about it & put your suggestions forward.
You can sit there complaining, or you can knit me some seat belts.
Adz

Postby MR T on Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:46 pm

just a suggestion but is there any chance of being able to have bigger kb size for our avitar pics as there are a few that i would like to use but are to big to put on here but am able to use on other sites :?:
a smile is a sign of joy, a hug is a sign of love, a laugh is a sign of happiness and a friend like me...well...that's a sign of good taste.
MR T

Postby daryn on Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:57 pm

T, give dave your proposed avatar size in kb so he can see how this will effect bandwidth, storage etc.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby snowman on Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:19 pm

snowman wrote:dave,

any chance the 'view new posts' (best clicky bit on the site!) can be added to the top of the page in all screens. :?:

for example once you make a post on a topic and want to go back to new posts you have to go back to main index screen first to access that clicky bit.

Dave,

You the man!!!!!!!!!!!!
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Jitsukablue on Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:26 pm

Ok, here's a suggestion. I'd be great if our profil had tick boxes or drop down menus for our add ons, that way I could, for instance search all memeber who have roof top tents, or lifted suspension at a glance.
He who dies with the most toys, wins
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters...
Jitsukablue

Postby Dave on Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:14 pm

Well done for noticing that Snowman!

Jitsukablue, one of the upcoming features will let you search the shed area for this sort of thing, it's still a little way off from getting right, but it's getting there.

Cheers, Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Postby jimmy on Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:28 pm

got another suggestion dave, a section that covers hotfixes, dates applicable, numbers etc
i have tried searching them but its a haystack and a single location would be great, maybe with links to relevant threads discussing the issues

cheers trev
after Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF
jimmy

Postby Greedy on Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:36 pm

Trev,
Not sure if you've seen this sticky thread in the warranty/recall section. That gets a good number of them. 8-)
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy!

It ain't pretty being easy!!
Greedy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby daryn on Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:22 pm

YouTube plugin so that we can insert clips into posts by embedding link.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby daryn on Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:49 pm

Tapatalk for iPhone enabling for site.

Hilux guys have it and a few of us have iPhones.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby trouble on Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:22 pm

daryn wrote:Tapatalk for iPhone enabling for site.

Hilux guys have it and a few of us have iPhones.

Good idea Daryn ;) ;) ;)
I Love The Mods!
Ban everyone!
trouble

Postby Rolla on Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:17 pm

As a newbie I like to look at the Sheds of the guys who have done a bit of work to their trucks to see what I may want to do in the future. I find it difficult to track down a particular shed because the shed list is not in alphabetical order - can you sort the shed list ?
Wunce I coodent spell injunear, now i is wun
Rolla

Postby daryn on Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:14 am

daryn wrote:YouTube plugin so that we can insert clips into posts by embedding link.

Bumping this suggestion.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby brunopezz on Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:31 am

dont know if it has been mentioned before, would be good if we can search profiles/sheds by area that we live in, perhaps states/terotories or even closest capital city.
brunopezz

Postby snowman on Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:43 am

yeah and make your location mandatory to sign up. :D
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby fridgie on Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:57 am

As said earlier,

Maybe have a way to see/search members in your state/area to make it easier to be able to organise a few trips.( Or ask them for ideas on where to go)
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

FORUM DIRECTORY - Click here

SEARCH TUTORIAL - Click here

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Postby Dave on Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:59 pm

Hi guys, thanks... the shed is getting a slight revamp with how the search listings currently work so it'll be much better soon. I have been working on and off it of late, should have it updated soon!

As for youtube links into the forum posts, I'll check it out.

Cheers, Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Postby daryn on Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:46 pm

daryn wrote:
daryn wrote:YouTube plugin so that we can insert clips into posts by embedding link.

Bumping this suggestion.

As brought up before Dave, just a thought as it was mentioned elsewhere again today.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby Try-it-on on Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:36 pm

Along with "posts", "joined", and "location" under their avatar where a person has posted, it would be good if it could also have what model their vehicle is.

The reason I ask this, is I have often read a comment by someone about their vehicle ... they added this, or modified that, or had this problem etc. And as a new member, I don't know yet what everyone drives, so the only way to find out if I have the same model as them, so can add that mod, or also get that type of bar, or might also have that problem, is to have to navigate away to their shed and look it up, and that's if they even have a shed set up.

If it was part of the basic profile summary next to every post they make, you could glance across and see immediately if their comment is likely to be relevant to yourself, based on whether they have the same model as you do.
I love Terra Firma - the less firmer the more terror.
Try-it-on

Postby borngeek on Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:37 pm

Dave MADE me come here...... funny to see you here Daryn :? :lol:

look the pair of us can add sooooo much more funny with youtube you would be MAD to miss out :mrgreen:

if i havent sold you yet i can be reached via mobile to add more bull to the mix?
Don't be a tool, use this: FORUM DIRECTORY

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :lol:
borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Homer on Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:46 am

Just thinking out aloud but we could just move MR09GLXR's thread into the "jokes" section and use that? That is how I've seen them on other forums.
I Don't know if their are any copyright issues with a dedicated section?
Maybe we can clean out the other comments started and go from there?

Is this what you meant BG?

Oh I see now...embeded...is that where I emsleeped ?
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Suggestions...Another new forum subject.......

Postby reeldreamer on Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:54 am

Just wondering whether the mods would consider adding a subect to the technical section "Performance" with all of us going crazy on exhausts, filter, chips, tunes and tricks it would be a worthwhile section to trade secrets and of course brag........just a thought!

Mitch
Bash plates and other cool gear from Prestige Offroad Accessories

http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=80
reeldreamer

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion