New MN tested!!

Triton in the media

Re: New MN tested!!

Postby lanselltoor on Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:51 am

Hello,
Read this thread, then read the article and wondered if they are related...
http://www.bikepoint.com.au/reviews/200 ... tion-16902
lanselltoor

Postby tryhard on Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:26 am

boycee wrote:But now a real thought... i dont know cos i havnt seen/tested it, but i dont like the idea of a longer tray. if i wanted a longer one i would have got a single cab. if the chassis hasnt been changed cant u just get hold of a ml tub and bolt it on??

thats what i reckon too. if you need a longer tub during the week bolt it on and then go 4wding with the shorter. :?[/quote]

the stealer I went to said the chassis on the MN is longer, so the old tub wouldn't fit. Was only a salesman though, so could be wrong, mind you it's a fair bit longer than ML so it would make sense something is holding it together :)
---

MY10 MN GLX-R 2.5 DiD Auto gunmetal grey
tryhard

Postby garage-tuner on Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:18 pm

if the chassis hasnt been changed cant u just get hold of a ml tub and bolt it on??[/quote]

thats what i reckon too. if you need a longer tub during the week bolt it on and then go 4wding with the shorter. :?[/quote]

the stealer I went to said the chassis on the MN is longer, so the old tub wouldn't fit. Was only a salesman though, so could be wrong, mind you it's a fair bit longer than ML so it would make sense something is holding it together :)[/quote]

To clear up the above - the ML and MN Triton have the same chassis.
As has been mentioned, the extra length of the MN is all in the tub. The chassis has not changed.

As the chassis is the same between ML and MN Triton, the short tub from ML will fit on the MN models.
If you have a look at the genuine accessories parts list for the aluminium trays for the double cabs, you'll notice that the same part numbers are used for ML and MN Triton!! ;)
garage-tuner

Postby tryhard on Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:34 am

garage-tuner wrote:As has been mentioned, the extra length of the MN is all in the tub. The chassis has not changed.

As the chassis is the same between ML and MN Triton, the short tub from ML will fit on the MN models.
If you have a look at the genuine accessories parts list for the aluminium trays for the double cabs, you'll notice that the same part numbers are used for ML and MN Triton!! ;)

I should have known better than to listen to a salesman ... you'd think they'd crawl under the bloody thing before making sweeping statements (I would have put my old ML tub and canopy on the MN but now I've sold it :( ) Just have to get used to my new big ar$e ... :p
---

tryhard

Postby jop on Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:09 am

Tryhard talk to ama - http://www.ama4wd.com.au/
They have always had ml tubs for sale.
jop

Postby tryhard on Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:08 pm

ta mate - don't take delivery till Jan now so I'll wait to see if I can live with it (the idea of keeping the old tub was not to lose the fitted canopy, but I might try canopy-less for a while ...
---

tryhard

Postby Notso on Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:43 pm

Had a look under one the other day. It's going to be an interesting bit of engineering to make a tow bar for it?
Notso

Postby rawlos on Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:29 pm

Thay have two towbars one if you remove well body like the ml towbar but rated to 3000 kg if you leave the long body on then thay extend the chassis with slide in rails to extend it back but this reduces the towing cap down to 2750 kg.I had a look under and you can see that the tray is to long for the chassis.This is just MM playing with figures to make the ute look more impressive and try to whoo you over there compeditors.? This is just my veiw
rawlos

Postby al coholic on Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:49 pm

4WD Action are reviewing the new MN in the next issue (142 i think) due out early December for anyone interested. All reports so far of the new rig seem to be pretty positive, so will be interesting to see what they say. I know alot of people dont like thier mags, but at least you know they will actually test it offroad, not like other mags.
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Postby pickle on Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:27 pm

Yep was a bit dissapointed in the Overlander article. Thought it was more a review than a test drive. Maybe 4wd Action might have a bit more of the bad ....and good offroad. I got to drive a GLX-R at Mansfeild two weeks ago and the 2.5 combined with the new auto does go well. We also had a reputable journalist with us who gave it a caning in the twisty sections out from Mansfeild and it performed really well. I am picking one up on Thursday for a week to reveiw and it will be going offroad. Taking it down to Tassie for a tour of duty, heres hoping it will come back in one peice :o
pickle

Postby pickle on Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:48 pm

Got the GLX with ASC and Diff Lock.
You guys might be able to follow as I do some testing for seven days.

http://140.99.20.180/forum/showthread.php?t=7722
Dave
pickle

Postby Etoile on Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:34 am

Saw a sweet looking MN at Wanneroo/Wangara (seriously, which one is it? Haha) the other day. Stealer told me it was "a rare 4X4 Action Model, only a few in the country" or words to that effect. It basically was a GLX-R with the ML GLS door strips, had MMCS, and under the 'Triton' badge on the drivers door had a '4X4' badge. I'm guess it probably had all the options as well...

Asked how much and was told drive away price was $58,000!!! :o :o :o :shock: Of course, "if I wanted it, we could work out a price" :lol: :lol:

On another note, they have a crap load of MN's just sitting in the yard...
Etoile

Postby Dylan 191 on Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:37 pm

Spotted a couple of MN's today
Big Big butt :shock: :oops:

Click to view larger picture

Click to view larger picture
Marge bring me your address book ,4 beers and my conversation hat !!
Dylan 191

Postby tassietriton on Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:51 pm

The wheel arch flares look wider than the ML's.
Would that be right?
PS I note that Daryl has wide flares for sale on ebay
tassietriton

Postby sierra on Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:51 pm

Etoile wrote:Saw a sweet looking MN at Wanneroo/Wangara
On another note, they have a crap load of MN's just sitting in the yard...

Did you mean to says ML's?
I was there earlier this week and looked at a couple of MN's but all the others were ML's.

They need to move that axle back 300mm and put some wheels and tyres on that fill the arches.
;)
sierra

Postby Greedy on Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:30 pm

sierra wrote: They need to move that axle back 300mm and put some wheels and tyres on that fill the arches. ;)

That would spell the end of a large number of standard sidesteps with the decreased rampover angle. :lol: My wife put the first dent in ours in our driveway. :roll:
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy!

It ain't pretty being easy!!
Greedy
Platinum Subscriber

Previous

Return to Triton News