Some MN TRITON Pics

Triton in the media

Re: Some MN TRITON Pics

Postby hoody on Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:16 pm

sierra , i agree with what you are saying But above in 3000 rpm in forth or fifth gear,i would be doing about 140 -150 klm per hour ,,i will stick with the down low revs .
Hoody
hoody

Postby Tony on Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:56 pm

sierra wrote:
sam wrote:I just read the write up in 4wd action and they reckon it's a powerhouse BUT you do need to use revs much like the Navara to get the best out of it ;)

That's a good thing to have an engine that pulls hard at the top end, otherwise there's no point in going there except to max out in top gear.
In the real world we use partial throttle and the 2000rpm sweet spot and I assume that's where the MN is much stronger but to have the ability to provide a bit more by 'screaming' right out to 3000-4000rpm has to be a bonus compared with the earlier version that I assume died in the arse up there?
The underlying suggestion that 'you need to rev it to get the best out of it' suggests it's gutless elsewhere but I think the truth is that it's more powerful than the 3.2 'everywhere' from about 1500rpm and it doesn't gasp at the top end but rewards with a well mapped power band made possible by the modern cylinder head design.

Image what it would be like if I had one of these engines?
:D :lol:

You don't have to rev the pick handles out of it to get the torque. It would pull a house down in forth gear and at a lot less than 3000 RPM . These things eat hills in forth gear :D
:lol:
Tony
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Silver Streak on Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:04 pm

Hey guys, don't forget there is a difference between between "power" and "torque" here. As you would have seen by the performance graph of this engine, maximum torque, or twisting force, measured by Newton Metres, is at 2000rpm, (350/400Nm whatever) and at this rpm you only have about 85kws available. Now as you would know, as the revs rise, the torque or pulling "output" drops off, but the power, which is the force (~torque) multiplied by speed (~revs) increases. So power increases with revs up to and past the point of maximum torque. In this case to the maximum 131Kws at 4000rpm. However, at still higher revs the engine starts to be limited by the amount of air that it can draw in (4 valves per cylinder help) and torque then decreases more rapidly than the revs increase and therefore power also decreases.
Sorry, but it annoys me a bit when comments are made about "maximum power" at 2000rpm, but this obviously is not the case.

Cheers,

Silver Streak.
Silver Streak

Postby al coholic on Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:03 pm

Well...............there seems to be only one way to settle this once and for all.............

A good old fashioned drag race. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: We will just block off all the streets fast and furious style :roll: :D
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Postby Greedy on Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:16 pm

al coholic wrote:Well...............there seems to be only one way to settle this once and for all.............

A good old fashioned drag race. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: We will just block off all the streets fast and furious style :roll: :D

Welcome to Adelaide most Saturday nights. :lol: :lol:
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy!

It ain't pretty being easy!!
Greedy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby hoody on Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:18 pm

sierra ,you rev your rings out
hoody

Postby sierra on Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:37 pm

hoody wrote:sierra ,you rev your rings out

?????????
:?
sierra

Postby bobtriton on Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:58 am

Hoody did you mean to revolution the engine?, because I do it now more frequently, reves to 4000 rpm, I began doing it at about 10k kms. Mitsubishi`s book recomends never pass 3000 rpm before 2 or 3k kilometers old, I did that up to 10k, just because; I realy don`t need more power, I had bougth this diesel truck to speed down from a Renault Kangoo with a sweet gasoline 1.6 liters, 16 valves and tecnology from Formula 1, engine. It still runs marvelous but I use it only to go in town, Triton is dificult to park, and I don`t pass speed limit with the sweet Triton
Last new year`s eve , my wife and I drove up to the mountains a 160 kms drive, there was when I start going to 4000 rpm, waw this 2.5 100kw engine impresed me lots, it became faster and stronger than my wife`s Jeep KJ auto with a 3.7 gasoline engine, with 210 hp or so. Any one knows how many hp makes a kw?, I`ll go and search in google, by the way great explanation about power and torque Silver Streak.
bobtriton

Postby Greedy on Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:47 am

bobtriton wrote:Any one knows how many hp makes a kw?

1hp = .75kw
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy!

It ain't pretty being easy!!
Greedy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby bobtriton on Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:47 pm

Thanks!
bobtriton

Previous

Return to Triton News