ML mods?

ML mods?

Postby Rienoh on Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:30 pm

Hey,

Ive been doing a bit of playing with my ML in preparation for my Cape trip :D

What are some cheapish mods to do to get it going a bit better?

Ive been doing some reading on the EGR blanking plates and wastegate mods. What is the EGR blanking doing exactly?

Cheers
Rienoh

Re: ML mods?

Postby al coholic on Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:12 pm

The EGR blank plate is blocking the EGR.....what else is there to it?? :?

Read here >>>> viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4813
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Postby Rienoh on Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:09 pm

al coholic wrote:The EGR blank plate is blocking the EGR.....what else is there to it?? :?

Read here >>>> viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4813

Sorry worded that wrong, I mean how have they been going issue wise doing this? side effects?
Rienoh

Postby borngeek on Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:19 pm

Yes massive side effect,,,
no carbon blocking up your intake manifold. :lol:

Have a read around mate, plenty to see. Check my sig below for the directory, grab a beer and start reading. ;)
Don't be a tool, use this: FORUM DIRECTORY

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :lol:
borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Postby big_bob_thefirst on Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:45 pm

To answer the other question, I've found that a unifilter has had a positive impact. Bit more grunt and relatively cheap.
I feel sorry for people who don't drink...
When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they're going to feel all day.
big_bob_thefirst
Platinum Subscriber

Postby DocBassett on Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:30 pm

throttle controller from boycee was a good cheap mod ($250) and a HID headlight conversion if you haven't already done it. If you are doing night driving at all, upgrading your interior lights to LED is fun. Mine cost me $20 for a 6 LED light unit that fits up in the socket. These are the "cheap things" that I have done. The rest is $500+
DocBassett

Postby Rienoh on Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:31 pm

DocBassett wrote:throttle controller from boycee was a good cheap mod ($250) and a HID headlight conversion if you haven't already done it. If you are doing night driving at all, upgrading your interior lights to LED is fun. Mine cost me $20 for a 6 LED light unit that fits up in the socket. These are the "cheap things" that I have done. The rest is $500+

Hey,

I did the interior LED thing a while ago :D

HID's are on the hit list.

Throttle controller?

Thanks
Rienoh

Postby Rienoh on Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:34 pm

borngeek wrote:Yes massive side effect,,,

Have a read around mate, plenty to see. Check my sig below for the directory, grab a beer and start reading. ;)

I was reading and some people were saying that they were getting the occasional engine light come on with this mod? Also fuel consumption went up?

That's a great link mate. ;)

Thanks
Rienoh

Postby Froggy on Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:43 pm

Rienoh wrote:
borngeek wrote:Yes massive side effect,,,

I was reading and some people were saying that they were getting the occasional engine light come on with this mod? Also fuel consumption went up?

That's a great link mate. ;)

Thanks

Fitting one to an ml can sometimes (like mine) cause random limp modes. Not a mod I'd do if you are about to head bush.
Definitely work towards fitting one but when you have time to tinker.
Froggy

Postby big_bob_thefirst on Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:01 pm

Agree with the above. Think it's a matter of long term engine protection. Probably a mod I'd do on a brand new engine but u can/will get the occasional limp modes and fuel consumption can b impacted. Performance doesn't really change, just maintained.
I feel sorry for people who don't drink...
When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they're going to feel all day.
big_bob_thefirst
Platinum Subscriber

Postby DocBassett on Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:20 pm

Rienoh wrote:
DocBassett wrote:throttle controller from boycee was a good cheap mod ($250) and a HID headlight conversion if you haven't already done it. If you are doing night driving at all, upgrading your interior lights to LED is fun. Mine cost me $20 for a 6 LED light unit that fits up in the socket. These are the "cheap things" that I have done. The rest is $500+

Hey,

I did the interior LED thing a while ago :D

HID's are on the hit list.

Throttle controller?
Throttle controller simply changes the delay time between putting your foot down and the car taking off. can be made longer or shorter. i.e the car is made more responsive to putting your foot down in 'race mode' or makes the car sluggish in economy mode.
Thanks
DocBassett

Return to Tips & Tricks