Insa turbo traction track

Need something to get you rolling?

Insa turbo traction track

Postby krazed on Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:33 pm

Am looking at getting a set of these as "play" tyres. They will not be on the car f/t. Basically was wanting to know what yous reckon about this.

using this calculator http://www.exploroz.com/Vehicle/Tyres/SizeCalc.aspx it says a 265/75/16 is 803mm diameter.

then looking at the insa specs here http://www.insatyres.com.au/insa%20tyres%20australia%20-%20technical%20brochure.pdf traction track 265/75/16 is 814mm.

Will these still be ok with no lift kit ?? (e.g no scrubbing etc) i know its only 11mm but still thought id ask

Cheers :)
krazed

Re: Insa turbo traction track

Postby al coholic on Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:16 pm

Yeah....265/75/16 is 803mm ;) Insa have it wrong.....will EASILY fit without a lift. 8-)
Heaps and heaps and heaps.....and HEAPS of tyre threads already, maybe a question like this would be better suited in the "Random tyre questions" thread next time mate :D

// Are these tyres the real deal?? I have seen the e-bay remould ones in the same tread pattern...which look ridiculously aggressive, (I would just be concerned about running a remould)
Just wondering how much a corner these tyres are :?: Cheers
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Postby al coholic on Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:25 pm

So i gather by the website that Insa ONLY do re-mould tyres......still, as a 2nd set for close to home, it might be ok :? $220 a tyre for the "special" track comp spec tyre :shock:
How does insurance treat re-mould tyres :?: Anyone know??

INSA Website wrote:INSA CERTIFICATE OF GUARANTEE
All our INSA TURBO tyres are reaching and exceeding the strictest national and
international rules of quality, reliability and security. Developed with the most advanced
technology, highly skilled team works and exhaustive internal quality controls, INSA
TURBO tyres are one of the most internationally awarded, endorsed and contrasted with
the following certificates:
- European E9
- American DOT from the US Department of Transportation
- INSIA Certificate
- ISO 9001: 2000 Certificate
Last edited by al coholic on Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Postby krazed on Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:30 pm

Either way the size is illegal anyway is it not?? will insurance still pay out if the tyre size on the car is illegal ?
krazed

Postby krazed on Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:36 pm

al coholic wrote:Yeah....265/75/16 is 803mm ;) Insa have it wrong.....will EASILY fit without a lift. 8-)
Heaps and heaps and heaps.....and HEAPS of tyre threads already, maybe a question like this would be better suited in the "Random tyre questions" thread next time mate :D

// Are these tyres the real deal?? I have seen the e-bay remould ones in the same tread pattern...which look ridiculously aggressive, (I would just be concerned about running a remould)
Just wondering how much a corner these tyres are :?: Cheers

Are they the real deal ?? who knows hehe. That is the same tyres that you see on ebay but that is their official site though. As for running remoulds they will be on the car maybe 10hrs a month. Even the price that they are is a little excessive for what i want but yeah. I dont plan on going to the extremes some of you guys do i just want to have a bit of confidence in the mud is all.
krazed

Postby Mattstruck on Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:38 pm

id be interested to see how they go. Only thing stopping me is I want confidence when towing a camper etc when away touring. Dont want blow outs, weak side walls etc.

Sure theyd be great for a weekend warrior ;) :D

Also they may be 11mm extra diameter as the tread thickness is HUGE and they are stuck onto an old tyre so chances are the figures quoted are correct ;)

I have 265/75/16 which were fitted pre lift with no scrubbing issues at all
Mod talk:
Sometimes indecipherable to the average Civillian. Example:
Homer:
I clearly remember Joe stating categorically that he prefers it in the bottom
Joe:
I didn't say it was better in the bottom, I just said it was easier and quicker.
Mattstruck

Postby Tony on Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:52 pm

I'm actually horrified these things are still allowed in the country let alone fitting to a vehicle that is capable of doing over 160kmh. :o

Remoulds are rubbish, you'd be lucky to see over 20k as the case will fail with severe off road use. Been there and done it when monoform were at it. Never going that way again.
Problem is, we have a case thats already done a bazillion ks, gone hard with age, then factor in tyres do have a life cycle. The word fatigue rings here. :roll:

Let alone the separation problem of the mould if they get hot.

Please be careful if you go this way, You'll need two spares and only fit them at the play area.
Tony
Platinum Subscriber

Return to Tyres & Wheels