Centre hole question

Need something to get you rolling?

Centre hole question

Postby Rienoh on Tue May 21, 2013 8:38 am

Hey,

I have a mate who has just got some rims (sunraysia style) put on his 2011 Challenger. The hubs have a 70mm (I think or 75?) centre and the new rims have a 100mm centre. Is this ok?

He is leaving Melbourne to head up the Cape on Friday and wants to know if it corretct while he has time to get it fixed.

Thanks
Rienoh

Re: Centre hole question

Postby macca002 on Tue May 21, 2013 9:09 am

It does put a load on the wheel studs and you can get a spacer that will sit between the hub and rim to help with this load - its a snug fit on the rim. I cant think of the name off the spacer off the top of my head.
macca002

Postby Homer on Tue May 21, 2013 9:31 am

He will require different wheel nuts (with a taper) to suit the new rims but other than that I think we finally worked out that they are not required to be hubcentric?

Hopefully 4wd26 will come along shortly and correct all my mistakes in this post :lol:
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby fridgie on Tue May 21, 2013 9:46 am

Homer wrote:He will require different wheel nuts (with a taper) to suit the new rims but other than that I think we finally worked out that they are not required to be hubcentric?

Hopefully 4wd26 will come along shortly and correct all my mistakes in this post :lol:

I got new wheel nuts to suit mine and been running them full time for 2yrs so far ;-)
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

FORUM DIRECTORY - Click here

SEARCH TUTORIAL - Click here

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Postby Rienoh on Tue May 21, 2013 10:04 am

Thanks for the quick replies guys :D
Rienoh

Postby al coholic on Tue May 21, 2013 10:56 am

Afaik....Steel wheels are not required to be hub centric.......only alloys ;)
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Return to Tyres & Wheels